last reply
15 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Hi -

I thought I was just deleting a few emails and I've wiped my inbox. I never noticed the delete inbox button. Is that new?

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Matriarch
0 likes
I only just noticed it myself.

I've sent Gav a message asking him to add a prompt to make it clear you are purposely deleting the entire contents of your inbox, and that the process cannot be undone. It's either that, or we could ask for confirmation by typing in your account password, or something like that. If the button was moved away from the others, fewer accidents might happen too.
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Yes, it's new. There is a prompt. I've used it often since it's inception. Love it. heart
Lurker
0 likes
Not that it would have done anything for certain, but did you try hitting the back button immediately after?

so sorry Mysteria.

HUGS xxxx

Lurker
0 likes
I think it's a nice addition.... same button may also be provided at "Sent Items" page.... I wanna delete it at once smile
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart
Not that it would have done anything for certain, but did you try hitting the back button immediately after?

so sorry Mysteria.

HUGS xxxx

I tried that....but it didn't work. There was a lot of junk but there was some things I hadn't had time to move over to my folder. Live and learn. xo
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by Peri
I think it's a nice addition.... same button may also be provided at "Sent Items" page.... I wanna delete it at once smile

As long as there is a prompt. There wasn't a prompt the day I deleted my entire inbox. xo
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I only just noticed it myself.

I've sent Gav a message asking him to add a prompt to make it clear you are purposely deleting the entire contents of your inbox, and that the process cannot be undone. It's either that, or we could ask for confirmation by typing in your account password, or something like that. If the button was moved away from the others, fewer accidents might happen too.

Nicola - that would be wonderful if there was some kind of a prompt. I had no idea that button was even there. I shall be more careful in the future.

xo
Matriarch
0 likes
I cleared mine out last year. There's now 182 pages in my inbox.

(please use the contact form for site issues!)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I cleared mine out last year. There's now 182 pages in my inbox.

(please use the contact form for site issues!)

i just got mine down to under 300

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Matriarch
0 likes
Is your inbox slow to load (stop!)?

I think there's a bottleneck happening, our techspurt is looking into it. Takes me about 30 seconds for mine to load up. May have something to do with 20 million messages being stored...
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Is your inbox slow to load (stop!)?

I think there's a bottleneck happening, our techspurt is looking into it. Takes me about 30 seconds for mine to load up. May have something to do with 20 million messages being stored...

This was actually the reason I asked gav for the inbox delete button (yes, it was me). My very empty inbox now loads very quickly. :-D (of course it does, there's at most one or two messages in it at any given time! )
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar
This was actually the reason I asked gav for the inbox delete button (yes, it was me). My very empty inbox now loads very quickly. :-D (of course it does, there's at most one or two messages in it at any given time! )

*PM's you*
Matriarch
0 likes
I can confirm, deleting over 5,000 messages from my inbox, speeds up the load time from over 30 seconds, to 1 second.

I suggest if you are having the same problem, either delete your inbox totally, or trim all your older messages.

It would probably make sense to place a limit on the # messages you can keep in your inbox, to aid loading speeds.
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by Liz

*PM's you*

LIES!!!
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar
LIES!!!

I forgot.