Login

Glitch in the Matrix?

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hey ladies and gentlemen...today I lost my first lush friend. He unfriended me because he got weirded out that I was a guy scamming him or something. Here's what happened:

My name is Stephanie. I was replying to a private message from Stephen from NY. I started my reply with, "hello Stephen from NY, etc etc..." Somehow a copy of that reply was also sent to my first friend, Josh, who thought I was a girl named Stephanie and now gets this bizarre message from me. So he gets freaked thinking I'm actually Stephen playing him, I guess, and promptly unfriends me and returns the message that was accidentally sent to him asking if I'm Stephen. I'm sad I lost him as a friend because he is adorable sexy.
My question for all y'all is this:
I'm new, does this kind of mix up happen often? Has it happened to you?
Thanks everybody!
0 likes
The site operators are currently switching servers and there are a handful of different issues that are going on right now. I'll tell you what they will, please be patient.
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
So, you just joined today and also lost your first friend today? Talk about working fast.

His name must have gotten added to the reply to list. Messages don't just jump around your friends list. I'm going with user error of some kind.

Good luck, Stephen!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kornslayer1
The site operators are currently switching servers and there are a handful of different issues that are going on right now. I'll tell you what they will, please be patient.

Thank you I appreciate your feedback!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar
So, you just joined today and also lost your first friend today? Talk about working fast.

His name must have gotten added to the reply to list. Messages don't just jump around your friends list. I'm going with user error of some kind

This is very possible, as I am new and still learning my way around. Thank you! - Stephanie
Lurker
0 likes
I'm wondering if there's a glitch in my blog space on my profile page. It's driving me to distraction.

I posted a picture the other day depicting a back-shot of a naked lady. When I'm logged in, it doesn't show, which means I can't delete it. But I know it's there because when I'm logged out and view my profile, it's visible.

I uploaded another picture today, and the complete opposite happened -- I could see it when logged in, but not when logged out. I've checked my settings and the "only friends can see my recent activity" box is not ticked.

I've given up on it now, anyway; it's causing me too much stress.