TV caters to the masses...

last reply
15 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
...but unfortunately the masses are filled with mouthbreathers, and they drive the ratings.

ABC announced that it is not bringing "Life on Mars" back for another season, and NBC won't say a peep about "Friday Night Lights"'s chances for another season. Both shows are good, and no one watches them.

Meanwhile, throw a bunch of vacuous B-list celebrities onto a ballroom dancing floor, or have Donald Trump fire a different attention-whore each week, and it's a can't-miss ratings machine.

Ever seen that movie Idiocracy, about how dumb we'll all be after 500 years of media saturation? I think it's truer than we care to admit about ourselves.
Matriarch
0 likes
Australia is just as bad. Reality TV hell. I watch about 2 hours of TV per week, unless there is a good movie on free to air.
Lurker
0 likes
If anyone ever catches me watching Survivor just shoot me. I HATE reality TV
Lurker
0 likes
I used to watch Survivor, then realized all the "good" people were eliminated halfway through each season. Then I realized I was living a game of Survivor at work, with layoffs. Only the assholes remained on that island, too.
Lurker
0 likes
So true...now I feel bad for watching Dancing With The Stars and American Idol!! Oh well, I do like Kings!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I think about the truth behind Idiocracy all the time too, lexy! Especially when I look at the girls I went to high school with who have two or three kids already, and we're 20. the dumb ones really do reproduce faster.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ellastar
I think about the truth behind Idiocracy all the time too, lexy! Especially when I look at the girls I went to high school with who have two or three kids already, and we're 20. the dumb ones really do reproduce faster.

I LOVE that movie!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Idiosyncrasy

Tipze Loved the bit from that movie!
Lurker
0 likes
Reality TVs and soap operas are banned in my house...I had to make the rule to save my sanity...make sure you never ask me about what is happening on I'm a z list celebrity get me a clue or on the apprentice etc ...all people on reality tv seem to be horrible people who bitch and stab each other in the back...Also the level of intelligence is sadly lacking...

What they should do is get a load of z list celebrities in a house and make them ninja fight their way out
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Louis (super's sweetie) lane got the right idea. Now that's a show to watch

Bat
0 likes
I've got to the stage where I rarely watch TV any more. I'd rather read a book/write/use the internet. Sometimes I even talk to my husband.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
Sometimes I even talk to my husband.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Quote by Lisa
Sometimes I even talk to my husband.

Very Great!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
I've got to the stage where I rarely watch TV any more. I'd rather read a book/write/use the internet. Sometimes I even talk to my husband.

I'm with you there, Lisa, except for the husband part. I work a bunch of crazy hours and I'm on the road the majority of the year so I don't really watch TV. When I go to visit my mom in Illinois, then I break out my DVDs and watch the movies I have.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
I am guilty for watching Dancing with the stars I love dancing. I love to watch to see what levels the stars can achieve also to watch how graceful the pros are.

From time to time I watch American Idol. some of these contestants can really sing.

Never watched Survivor However I watch 24. Jack saves us all again

Most of my tv watching is the history channel or amazing discoveries. Then on to AMC to
watch classic movies. I still laugh at the stupid antics of the 3 Stooges.

Finally watching sports, When there is a game on that Jakes wants to watch, I have two choices watch another tv or join him

Fortunately
Our area has been blessed with 3 super bowls 2 world series and the world champion celtics Plus Tiger is back and the Masters is only weeks away
We also watch Nascar from time to time But this time of year it is Hockey, BU my Alm, is in the Frozen four poised to win a national title

Some nights, While Jake is engrossed in watching a game, I turn up the heat. I dress in my see threw baby doll lingerie to tease him and distract him.

That reminds me I wonder who won the game the other night?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Pam111

That reminds me I wonder who won the game the other night?

Hmmmmmm I wonder who was conquered and if any one did surrender?

Great thoughts Pam!