Site-wide email announcement of competitions

last reply
13 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
A suggestion for a new (fairly easy) feature: a site wide email announcement of new competitions, for the spacier members of the Lush community (like me) who never remember to check. I never know there's a new contest until someone announces an entry. Maybe an opt-in option so no one gets spammed.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I suggested we fit you with a collar that gives you an electric shock every time a new comp starts. still working out the details, but pretty much everyone liked the idea. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Can I get one too please? lol

Begs..lmao
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by sprite
I suggested we fit you with a collar that gives you an electric shock every time a new comp starts. still working out the details, but pretty much everyone liked the idea. smile

I like this idea, it would do him some good, I'd think...

But honestly, I like his idea.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

:)

You could also probably get me to salivate by ringing a bell.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Poppet

I like this idea, it would do him some good, I'd think...

Take a number, Poppet. smile
Matriarch
0 likes
A new competition will be running in a few days.

I could use the newsletter feature to send a broadcast message. It would mean sending 270,000 messages though, which clutter up the mail server.

At the moment we advertise new competitions on the front of the site, with the "ad" being in rotation with the featured members box. Competitions are announced in the site announcement forums too. We generally try to have one on the go at all times, or that's the intention.

You'll just need to visit the site more often Verbal

p.s. the collar idea also works. Good thinking Sprite!
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Sign me up. 16". Not sure what that is metric.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo

Sign me up. 16". Not sure what that is metric.

16"?!?!?! Typical man, always boasting about his... Uh Wait... Oh collar size. Never mind
Lurker
0 likes
Like this idea. Maybe we should have like a really quick comp. 24 hours to write a story. Everyone gets messaged. I wonder how many entries there would be... I for one would probably miss it.
Classified
0 likes
Quote by sprite
I suggested we fit you with a collar that gives you an electric shock every time a new comp starts.

Could I have a 7' collar please!
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Frank
Could I have a 7' collar please!

Classified
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Not to go around my neck!
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney