Login

People who use different/fake avatars?

last reply
77 replies
4.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Is there something wrong using an avatar that is not the member?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Helps if you post a comment/question in the big white box when you start a new thread smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Actually, as opposed to SOME of the "real things" I've seen, I PREFER phony avatars that represent an idea, or a theme. There IS a huge difference between a phony avatar and a phony profile. Besides, with a great many of the avatars around here, it's pretty easy to tell that it ISN'T really the member themselves. And, SOME of the others tell you on their profile (like one VERY GOOD FRIEND of mine) THAT IS NOT REALLY ME! So, I don't see any problem where an avatar is concerned. This IS after all...THE INTERNET! AND, the site is? A FANTASY SITE. So to me at least it's a nonissue.JgJ2K9zbHwErqjg4
Oh and some of us get BORED with "the same old thing" and change our avatar every so often. As long as we don't confuse our friends too badly no big deal .

Good point Sprite (my post was already "in the works" when you made yours.)
The Linebacker
0 likes
huh?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Weavindreams

Good point Sprite (my post was already "in the works" when you made yours.)

Why you should never have a pistol duel with me. biggrin

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Now Darlin' , in the first place; I would NEVER have "a duel" with a lady. And, in the second, just because we OFT disagree (vehemently at times to be sure) it doesn't mean I don't like and respect you.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Sprite was Wild Bill Hickok in a previous life. She's much prettier now without the mustache.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Weavindreams

Now Darlin' , in the first place; I would NEVER have "a duel" with a lady. And, in the second, just because we OFT disagree (vehemently at times to be sure) it doesn't mean I don't like and respect you.

First, never call me Darlin'. Second, I'm not a lady. Third, I cheat. Just being upfront. Probably shoot you in the back as you're walking away counting to 10. Fourth, yeah, same here - no hard feelings - what happens in Think Tank, stays in Think Tank. smile

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Sprite was Wild Bill Hickok in a previous life. She's much prettier now without the mustache.

actually, i kept the mustache. makes me look dashing.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

actually, i kept the mustache. makes me look dashing.

That explains why you're such a good kisser. That must be where that little tickle comes from.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

First, never call me Darlin'. Second, I'm not a lady. Third, I cheat. Just being upfront. Probably shoot you in the back as you're walking away counting to 10. Fourth, yeah, same here - no hard feelings - what happens in Think Tank, stays in Think Tank. smile

See how ya are? I TRY to be nice... Oh and BTW, I NEVER turn my back on ANYONE with a gun and an expressed intention of using it on me! Ya don't survive to BE my age that way!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, people use different and fake avatars
Lurker
0 likes
I change mine often, depends on moods and I love photographs, and sexy images, I always tell them it's not me.
Lurker
0 likes
Mine are never me, although people love them all the time and tell me. LOL LMAO

I'm like-it's not me!

I will show my pictures to a very, select few.

I change mine a lot! LMAO..

Lurker
0 likes
Nothing wrong with fake avatars. I change mine once in awhile. What I hate is when people post gallery pics claiming its them, when its NOT! If you don't want to show yourself, that's understandable, but don't pretend to be something your not.

Hi KK
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by SheriPie
Nothing wrong with fake avatars. I change mine once in awhile. What I hate is when people post gallery pics claiming its them, when its NOT! If you don't want to show yourself, that's understandable, but don't pretend to be something your not.

Hi KK

Hi Sheri

Yeah I agree that's just silly and usually really obvious when they do.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I change my avatar and background depending on my mood. Unless someone says, "this is me" we should assume most avatars are fake. Does it really matter what anyone does with regards to their avi or what they choose to do on Lush? Live and let live and if that's not possible perhaps Lush is not right for you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Several people got upset when they found out I'm not actually a Boeing airplane?

Can't you see me on the plane? I'm the guy looking out of the third window in front of the wing in business class. Yeah the guy with the glasses and dark hair. No not the blond.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by flytoomuch
Several people got upset when they found out I'm not actually a Boeing airplane?

Can't you see me on the plane? I'm the guy looking out of the third window in front of the wing in business class. Yeah the guy with the glasses and dark hair. No not the blond.

LOL thanks for the laugh!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My avatar is really me and yet I don't have a problem with "fake" avatars.

I DO agree that if you say a pic is of you and it's not, then it's not a good thing but apparently that's rampant around here.... LOL

I'm not pretty and I'm not young and I'm not what many people like but "I am what I am and that's all what I am"... (stolen from a cartoon) ;)

Fantasy is good as long as it's represented as fantasy. But then.... This IS the internet and many things are not as they seem to be.... LOL

Now, all that being said, I command all women on Lush to send me full frontal nudes of themselves in PM's. ;)
Great minds think alike but dirty minds work together.... ;)
The Linebacker
0 likes
For many people using an avatar that shows their face, tattoos or easily identifiable feature is not a good idea for privacy or career reasons. Some people are fortunate enough to be able to be fully open about that. Whichever way a person is able to go on that should be respected.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by flytoomuch

ROFLMAO, I just got my magnifying glass out and yeah I totally see you there, the man holding the extremely huge Cock..Tail (mind out the gutter people its just a margarita ) And those are some seriously nice glasses are those designer??
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I said that stand on the beach was really me how many people would believe me? Do I really care NO
To boldly Lush where no one has Lushed before
0 likes
Quote by sprite

And here you won't even let me take you and the wife to the range to go shooting....

Anyway, about the avatars--honestly? I'd love to change mine up once in a while (mine really is me) but work, the boys and life in general tend to interfere, making taking a new avatar pic a very low priority. For those who don't want to/can't use their real selves in their avatars, it really doesn't matter either way to me personally--it's the ones that put outright lies in their profiles that truly irk me.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kiera

You mean you are not the real Bucky?? WTF Ajax

Who the hell is Bucky???
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
What about them?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Actually, I've stolen Beth Frasier's pictures, her stories, her biography, and her very identity. My plan is to publicly humiliate her, and completely ruin her life by exposing her whole sordid sex-life, her wicked past, and her disgustingly libidinous depravity, until she's the most reviled person on the site! ...and there's nothing she can do about it!