Have you ever dated another gamer?

last reply
24 replies
4.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I did, and we were together for almost a year. Your gaming is just one aspect of your life. Now unless you only want a relationship involving each other's game characters, what's stopping you from getting to know each other in real life?
Lurker
0 likes
While I DO KNOW how you chose to define "gamer" there are MANY other types of "games" I too enjoy some games but I'm more into FRPG's or turn based strategy. The FRPG's CAN be a basis for some "other" MARVELOUS games to. ;) Just take a look a what the modders have done with EVERY one of the "Elderscrolls" series. The only limits on fantasy are the limits of your own imagination. ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by adirtysecretboy
Well i am an xbox gamer, but i play turn based games, board games, card games and basically game i can get my hands on.

Just love playing with other people and interacting.

My imagination has no boundaries and fantasies are always on my mind! ;)

Good, now try bringing those fantasy games AND your sexual fantasies TOGETHER for a maximum fantasy. ;)
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
My boyfriend has a killer gaming center downstairs and half the guys in the neighborhood are in and out of our place most every evening. I usually stay upstairs. We've lived peacefully together for nearly 6 years. I haven't been a gamer since I was a teenager, but when I was 16 I was a Tetris Master and played a wicked LOZ-OoT.
Lurker
0 likes
I have always wanted to date a female gamer. I work for a gaming company (don't want to say which one I signed an agreement) and the ratio of guy to girl gamers is rediculous. I just want to play fallout and have my partner help me explore the wasteland. And maybe sex me up while I play.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, but it was same-sex relationship smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I am now!

It's super fun. We play some competitive games (like Overwatch or PUBG) together, but we prefer to play co-op games (Warframe, Civ6, Stellaris, Dark Souls, Bloodborne.)

He plays far more than I do though. I spend a lot of my free time reading/writing/working on hobbies. Every now and then, I get the itch to chop/shoot some guys, and he's always willing to drop what he's doing to play with me.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Nope not yet. But I would like to date with another gamer.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, once in 2012.
We met playing Sad Satan on TOR about 3 years before it hit YouTube.

She was living in Innsbruck so I took the HBF, und she met me at the train for the weekend.
We took the Rangger up to Stiglreith, had wine/dinner, then we hiked down to Egghof for the night.
Had much fun...
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
nope, because i am not gamer
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You have inspired me to attempt a short story about Hesperidea, The Ginger Sorceress , I met in Tamriel. Stay tuned
Lurker
0 likes
No but I would love too.
Lurker
0 likes
I enjoy Roleplay but have never been into games
0 likes
I enjoy playing video games but to play for hrs on a day or be w/ a guy that likes to game for hrs? No.
A hard pass.
Resident Otaku
0 likes
I'm a gamer and I'm married to a gamer. He works long hours in a stressful job so I don't mind how he spends his free hours. We sometimes play together but we usually have a few evenings in the week where we'll watch a film. I don't play so much anymore because I have a lot of different hobbies but I couldn't not be with a gamer.
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
I've dated other gamers in the past, it's baffling to others and quite endearing when you can throw geek jargon at each other and get it. It isn't the most essential glue to keeping a relationship going, but without something in common that you're both passionate about it can make the task a lot harder.

As for me, my wife buys me gaming stuff but finds the mechanics baffling. Where as I lurve to crack open a rulebook and get my head around the mechanics.

I do envy my geek kin if they find a mate who shares that passion, mine views it as mostly word salad but it makes me happy so mostly puts up with it.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.