0 watchers
5 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
is sex a good exercise?
WATCH ME NAKED
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They've actually studied this. The numbers are based on a female who is 150lbs so your mileage may vary.

From an article in Woman's Day magazine

Kissing: 68 calories per hour
Undressing: 8+ calories total
Massaging: 80+ calories per hour
Having Sex: 144+ calories per half-hour
Giving Oral Sex: 100 calories per half-hour
Using Your Hands: 100 calories per hour
Making Out: 238 calories per half-hour
Active Ink Slinger
2 likes
It is only one aspect of my exercise routine and the one I enjoy most.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
So I'm actually wasting my time with the walking, yoga and and dancing? Actually, sod that, time spent dancing is never wasted.... ;)
Rainbow Warrior
1 like
Quote by MarinaC
They've actually studied this. The numbers are based on a female who is 150lbs so your mileage may vary.

Riding cowgirl burns a lot more than taking it doggie-style, I'm sure! I'm usually glistening with sweat after I've done cowgirl, but I don't even get winded taking it from behind!
Troublemaker
0 likes
I read once that sex done right burns the equivalent calories of a 12 mile walk....I'm pretty sure this was not a quickie...
Also increases endorphins, your body's natural pain killer and boosts the immune system. Add a general increase in well being and the health benefits are very real, both physical & psychological. I'd recommend a variety of positions and creative stimulation for a full workout of body and mind.....
Gotta run, time to hit the "gym"...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MarinaC

Lol! What am I out doing all that running for then? ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MarinaC

So the next time a coach at the gym asks if they can help me, I can say, "Why yes. Yes you can."
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by pussyshyxx
is sex a good exercise?

SEX WITH LOVE IS NOT ONLY A BEST EXERCISE BUT A GREAT MEDITATION ALSO!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Sex is exercise
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I once had sex with an unfortunate case of whiskey dick and couldn’t cum. She was a sport and let me keep going and going, trying different positions and whatever I could think of to try and get off. For the first while she was absolutely loving it but eventually started to get sore as hell so I bowed out. We probably went at it for a solid 30-45 minutes. The next day, all that flexing and humping left me with abs so sore I couldn’t take a deep breath without wincing.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to lift heavy weights. I really strained my back, especially with a lot of bad lifts. The positions are really horrible.

Now I do smarter exercises, such as running up and down stairs, getting in the water, etc.

Sex really helps my back. If I do it more regularly, then I notice my back is not as tight. Of course, I have to do other things, such as really good stretches.
Lurker
0 likes
Sex is exercise
Lurker
0 likes
Your heart rate should be in the fat burning range of each individual for at least 45 mins for anything to become exercise, either aerobic or anaerobic .

There are studies that prove resistance training is more efficient for fat burning, but cardio is better for heart health and stress.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not the way i do it.. its probably all around counterproductive
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sex as exercise is very much over stated and over rated IMO. Working out properly with your partner is a fun way of exercising and giving each other encouragement. There are plenty of videos on You Tube for ideas .
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Certainly good psychological exercise if questionable as physical exercise. I guess if you're having sex 24/7, you might burn off a significant amount of calories, you might tone up some muscles, or whatever, but I suspect there are more efficient ways to do those.
Meagan
Lurker
0 likes
Sex burns calories
colin123
0 likes
Quote by curvygalore
So I'm actually wasting my time with the walking, yoga and and dancing? Actually, sod that, time spent dancing is never wasted.... ;)
Oh Curvy, superb answer, made me smile x
Lurker
0 likes
Probably depends on how you do it and how long. I have experienced muscle soreness from sex. Missionary is the best position I think. Doing that for like 20 or 30 minutes is hell of an abs-workout. I can definitely feel it the next day.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Sex with my woman is hard work. When I roll off her I’m more knackered than after the gym. I think it’s all that biological energy spurting out of me.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Quote by Meggsy
It is only one aspect of my exercise routine and the one I enjoy most.

I'm your type of person😀.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

It certainly helps clear the airways.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

As someone who works out multiple times a day, doing crossfit, weights, cardio, jiu jitsu, boxing, kick boxing and yoga, sex does not provide any benefit in the exercise realm. If it seems vigorous and heart pounding to you, you're probably out of shape and lazy to begin with.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by Mckayla1991

As someone who works out multiple times a day, doing crossfit, weights, cardio, jiu jitsu, boxing, kick boxing and yoga, sex does not provide any benefit in the exercise realm. If it seems vigorous and heart pounding to you, you're probably out of shape and lazy to begin with.

When would find time for sex with that much exercise?

0 likes

I would think so.When I impale myself on a cock and start bouncing I sure do sweat

Who knows?
0 likes

Quote by Meagananne1986
Certainly good psychological exercise if questionable as physical exercise. I guess if you're having sex 24/7, you might burn off a significant amount of calories, you might tone up some muscles, or whatever, but I suspect there are more efficient ways to do those.

Efficiency isn't everything, though 😜

Active Ink Slinger
2 likes

Seems like a fun way to burn a few calories, but the question then is how many calories are in cum? I might end up consuming more than I burn!