Fitbit

last reply
9 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just was given one of these. Is it worth it? Seems to just be an expensive pedometer, but it's kind of fun to see what kind of activity habits you have.
An old favorite story of mine: The Chaise Lounge
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Total waste of money.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A determined person with perseverance can overcome many obstacles. They can, many times, perform better than those who are more intelligent, stronger and with better finances by determination and perseverance
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My wife and I both have fit-bits and she is most religious about hers. I used to be but lost mine a year ago. But 1) I used it to help me stay focused on a weight loss-exercise program I started and by the info I got from it I was able to meet my goal of losing 30 #'s over a 3 1/2 month period. I gained some of that back due to some health issues (pacemaker installed) that prevented me from doing any physical activity program for 90 days and then getting off my diet too sitting around watching tv and playing xbox at home.

My cholesterol and BP were way too high at my semi-annual check-up with cardiologist 3 weeks ago I joined our local "Y" and got me another fitbit that was on sale at WalMart to help me keep up with daily walking, exercising and calories burned. Also linked it with Lose It and it tracks on their website my Lose It activity and I add my food intake and daily weigh-in #'s = and all that keeps me focused to stay on the program and where I am at to meet my goal.

I am a fit-bit fan. So far I have lost an average of 3/4 a lb a day in just under 3 weeks. But, as the Old Maid said when she kissed the cow, "Everyone to their own choice". [An old family saying]
A determined person with perseverance can overcome many obstacles. They can, many times, perform better than those who are more intelligent, stronger and with better finances by determination and perseverance
0 likes
Is this the Fit-Bit pedometer or their smart watch we are discussing?

A couple of the ladies at work use the Fit-Bit smartwatch and swear by it. Tracks steps, heart rate, etc. and can be paired with an app on your phone to store and analyze the data.

I have the Fit-Bit pedometer and haven't even opened the box yet (won it at a conference). I mostly cycle (stationary in winter, real thing in summer) so I'm not sure a pedometer will even do me any good (the watch might according to my co-workers). I use runtastic's app on my BB to track mileage, route, etc. when riding for real and just rely on the stationary bike's electronics when I'm using it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's not a watch but it does communicate with your computer or smartphone via an app. I think it get's me to walk around more as I check in in the AM and PM.

Next time I'll get one that's also a watch because I keep looking at this one to see the time...
An old favorite story of mine: The Chaise Lounge
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Got me a new fitbit after doctor visit in March showed cholesterol and BP top # way too high. Been using new one and tracking my daily activity lost wright, bp down and now think about getting the wrist fitbit. My cousin has one and really likes it. I use my Fitbit along with Lose It to track exercise, food & calories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Depending on the one you have it can be a watch. I have the charge Hr and it has the time and the capability to send me call alerts and text notifications. The surge is the top of the line fitbit and it has all those options as well.
Lurker
0 likes
I also have the Charge HR. It's not as accurate as my Polar HR monitor and probably wouldn't use it for hard-core training, but since I'm recovering from some health issues that forced me to start from scratch, I find it's a great tool to get me moving again.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
I have a HR as well, and I got one for my mother for Mothers day.
Lurker
0 likes
Mine has just arrived! I love it. Syncing it up to my laptop to track my exercise. I'm quite competitive so looks like a fun thing to challenge friends with too (although one of my frienss has just walked 26 miles!). I expect to look like a waif by the end of the week!