1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's always so sad to see when people are this intolerant towards each other
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What is really idiotic is the mainstream media has spent more time on the Indiana Religious Freedom Act, alleging that it will allow for discrimination, which is false and clarification legislation has been promised by their governor by next week, than the real effects of the negotiations with Iran to keep them from developing nuclear weapons; this was by a 5 to 1 ratio. Does the liberal media understand that Tehran will not honor any "agreement" this oh so naive President of ours thinks will solve this problem. If they come out of these negotiations with some lame agreement, with Tehran refusing to allow for the inspections they will have "agreed" to and will go right ahead with the development of these weapons. As they do, the Saudis, Syrians, Jordanians and all the other countries in the region will insist on their own "agreement" so they can develop their own nuclear weapons. So by negotiating with these crazy Iranians, we are bringing the world closer to Armageddon. Mr. President these people have vowed "Death to America." What part of those words do you not understand.

So 5 to 1 media coverage sounds about right from the liberal left press. Cover an issue that won't make a tinkers damn in Indiana and ignore the ridiculous negotiations that has the potential to end the world. So to the media and the President, I give you a huge ... DUH!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by oz99
What is really idiotic is the mainstream media has spent more time on the Indiana Religious Freedom Act, alleging that it will allow for discrimination, which is false and clarification legislation has been promised by their governor by next week, than the real effects of the negotiations with Iran to keep them from developing nuclear weapons; this was by a 5 to 1 ratio. Does the liberal media understand that Tehran will not honor any "agreement" this oh so naive President of ours thinks will solve this problem. If they come out of these negotiations with some lame agreement, with Tehran refusing to allow for the inspections they will have "agreed" to and will go right ahead with the development of these weapons. As they do, the Saudis, Syrians, Jordanians and all the other countries in the region will insist on their own "agreement" so they can develop their own nuclear weapons. So by negotiating with these crazy Iranians, we are bringing the world closer to Armageddon. Mr. President these people have vowed "Death to America." What part of those words do you not understand.

So 5 to 1 media coverage sounds about right from the liberal left press. Cover an issue that won't make a tinkers damn in Indiana and ignore the ridiculous negotiations that has the potential to end the world. So to the media and the President, I give you a huge ... DUH!

If the Iranians refuse inspections and show signs of breaking the treaty (easily verified with current intelligence and satellite technology), then you can still HAVE the war you and the rest of the warmongering NeoCons so desperately want! Will you be volunteering to go fight? Or just gleefully sending your neighbors' sons to die?

All we are saying... is GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

If the Iranians refuse inspections and show signs of breaking the treaty (easily verified with current intelligence and satellite technology), then you can still HAVE the war you and the rest of the warmongering NeoCons so desperately want! Will you be volunteering to go fight? Or just gleefully sending your neighbors' sons to die?

All we are saying... is GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!

Bethany that is a catchy phrase. We should give peace a chance. In 1981 the Israelis knocked out the nuclear enrichment facilities in Iran. We condemned them and went on about our business. For many years Iran has been re-developing these capabilities and fomenting their populous with more threats of Death to America, even as these negotiations are ongoing. The leaders in Tehran are laughing at the Obama administration's naivety. They have yet to keep any treaty we have had with them yet. This issue should have been dealt with years ago in the same manner in which it was handled in 1981. Let the Israelis handle the matter. Should Tehran again break yet another treaty, I am sure that you will find another reason to keep from dealing with this ongoing issue. At 66 years of age you are right I will not be volunteering to go fight; I suppose in your eyes then, I should not be able to voice an opinion on this issue.

And my point is that the liberal mainstream press is more concerned about a non-issue in Indiana than this world threatening issue with their 5 to 1 airtime.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Actually my original post had nothing to do with either the nuclear talks in Tehran or the religious freedom restoration act, but that a young woman in Indianapolis was put in prison for six fucking years for essentially having a miscarriage and seeking medical attention.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by oz99

Bethany that is a catchy phrase. We should give peace a chance. In 1981 the Israelis knocked out the nuclear enrichment facilities in Iran. We condemned them and went on about our business. For many years Iran has been re-developing these capabilities and fomenting their populous with more threats of Death to America, even as these negotiations are ongoing. The leaders in Tehran are laughing at the Obama administration's naivety. They have yet to keep any treaty we have had with them yet. This issue should have been dealt with years ago in the same manner in which it was handled in 1981. Let the Israelis handle the matter. Should Tehran again break yet another treaty, I am sure that you will find another reason to keep from dealing with this ongoing issue. At 66 years of age you are right I will not be volunteering to go fight; I suppose in your eyes then, I should not be able to voice an opinion on this issue.

And my point is that the liberal mainstream press is more concerned about a non-issue in Indiana than this world threatening issue with their 5 to 1 airtime.

As long as you're going back to 1981 (when I was 1 yr. old), let's go back to 1953, (when you were 4 yrs. old) when the CIA arranged a coup d'etat in Iran, overthrowing the legitimate government of Premier Mohammed Mosaddeq and installed America's puppet dictator, the Shah, against the will of the Iranian people, resulting in over three decades of political oppression and civil strife in Iran, which ultimately led to the 1979 Revolution. Given our respective histories, which country has more reason to fear and mistrust the other? Iran or the US? When your country is oppressed by a superpower bully, don't be surprised if that country's populous shouts "Death to America!" And by the way, that chorus is orchestrated by the government officials in Iran. The people of Iran, in the main, do not hate Americans like most Americans hate Iran!

Old, white men have pretty much fucked up everything politically since before either of us were born, and maybe we should just stop listening to their political opinions, like passing laws allowing businesses to discriminate against gays and lesbians, who are an unprotected class. You only think it's not a big deal BECAUSE you are in the generation you are in.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
justice for all. as long as you're not female. or gay. or black. or muslim. or hispanic. or asian. or... do i need to continue?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by sprite
justice for all. as long as you're not female. or gay. or black. or muslim. or hispanic. or asian. or... do i need to continue?

Yeah! You forgot Poor!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

sprite wrote:

Yeah! You forgot Poor!

Yeah And all indigenous minorities to both of you
To boldly Lush where no one has Lushed before
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's amazing how so many "Christians" grow a conscience when it comes to serving the "sin" of being gay, but don't give a shit about making money off of divorcées, for example. If Christian business owners couldn't serve people who have committed some sin then, by most accounts of the faith I know, they couldn't serve anyone.

I am so annoyed by "Christians" who pick and choose the sins they think are the "bad" ones. I thought Jesus made it clear that we should stay out of the judging business when he said, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone," and "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

If Jesus didn't ask people their sexual orientation before he fed the 5,000, I am guessing people could serve some pizza without worrying about it, too.
"Being male is a matter of birth.
Being a man is a matter of age.
Being a gentleman is a matter of choice."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I was born and raised in the island state of Tasmania where taswegians got lots of stick from all, especially our mainland comrads how labelled us as being backward and simpleminded. Well we did have draconian laws up until 1997 that still locked up consenting adult males if they were caught having sex with each other. Yes, well not entirely for that reason I got out of dodge long before then. Maybe the people of Indiana need to shown a bit more ticker than me and stand up to the prat legislators.

Oh BTW I am writing this on my iPad in the stately home of my parents just outsider Hobart Town
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by ParMach

Oh BTW I am writing this on my iPad in the stately home of my parents just outsider Hobart Town

I have an old friend who lived in Hobart for a few years.She described Tasmania as "Texas with marsupials."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

I have an old friend who lived in Hobart for a few years.She described Tasmania as "Texas with marsupials."

Now that might require some explanation just the Texas part lol
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Really conservative, was I think her point.