Any avid runners around

last reply
12 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a running addict and wondered if there are other junkies out there so we can share our stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lonelyman718
I am a running addict and wondered if there are other junkies out there so we can share our stories.

Love running. Now that the weather is more pleasant, it is fun again...hate the treadmill.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I love running and do many races from 5k to half-marathons. I have been battling plantars fasciitis over this past year.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I am an avid runner, training for my next marathon. Want to qualify for NYC and Boston next year; only 8 minutes off the time required for my age group. My training partner ran in Boston today, posted his best time ever. Congrats, Adam.
Lurker
0 likes
I can't run, but I walk fast. I've been walking everyday for about three years.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Running helped me a lot when I quit smoking about 3 years ago; that made me very irritable/depressed at times, and I just put my shoes on and went outside whenever I couldn't take the pressure anymore (which was often, haha). The winter is very cold here, but that can actually be an advantage when running: you simply have to wear thermal shirts/tights and a beanie, and your body temperature remains just perfect. You always feel fresh and never sweat, plus it motivates you to constantly keep running if you don't want to feel the cold. You have to be careful not to trip on ice though.

Since about 2 years however, I developed a knee condition (chondromalacia patella) and I've been extremely careful: I didn't run at all since. I prefer biking anyway, especially in the summer: when going fast the breeze keeps me fresh, I travel x3 times faster and can visit different places in my city, and above all it's much gentler for my knees. It's fun because here in my city we have a big network of cycle tracks: I can pretty much leave my apartment and head downtown by solely riding on dedicated cycle tracks. 30-45 minutes at a good pace and I can reach all the fun spots of my city.

The big disadvantage of biking is that it doesn't work my cardio as much: my bike is so good, my legs start hurting before I actually run out of breath, haha. And I also have to bike rather fast to really exhaust myself, which can be a bit dangerous at times (ie. in heavy traffic).

Anyway, cardio training is more fun for me than anything: I rely a lot more on dieting to lose weight. Cardio can even be counter-productive when I'm bulking and need an extra amount of energy to gain weight. Usually I bulk in the winter (and barely perform any cardio), then I cut in the summer (and bike every once in a while).
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I've gone off/on with the regularity of running over the years.

I also have chondromalacia patella and an old knee injury. I've had two surgeries on my right knee, starting at age 18 to clean up the surface of the patella and to prevent further damage.

I've just started getting back into running again this year. I do use a variety of supports for my knee when running (eg. K-tape, strap, sleeve) and I'm careful with how far I push things and try to keep to level/even running surfaces.

I'm not a 'serious runner' by any means, but I really do enjoy it, especially for being able to switch things up after long winters stuck in the gym and studio.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I've been running for years, just to stay fit, but I must have been damaging my knees, because I sprained my medial collateral ligament pretty badly a few months ago, and now I can't run for at least a few more months. I got a stationary bike to use in the meantime. Less bouncing boobage on the bike too, so no need for a sports bra! lol I miss the changing scenery though!
Head Penguin
0 likes
I love running. I love the feeling you get after about seven miles when you feel like you can run forever. I also like the slightly chilled out feeling that comes with bradycardia when you're resting with a good book etc.

Danny xx

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Lurker
0 likes
I quite like running. But the motivation's really to sustain playing 4 straight quarters in a netball game smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just started running/jogging again and although not a serious runner, I'll run 2.5 to 3 miles 4 times a week. I can't say I absolutely love the act of running (I often refer to it as stumbling forward quickly) I can say I am addicted to the euphoric feeling afterwards.
Lurker
0 likes
I run everyday but I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it just addicted to life
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by brook
I run everyday but I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it just addicted to life

That, in my humble opinion is the perfect way to express it.

I myself have been running since I was a child. For a while instead of a good run of vigorous walk in the cool morning air, I use to go to the rink and get in a good morning skate. It is hard to tell others what an exhilarating feeling it is to get up and get the cool morning air into your body, and "all over" your body.
It is also a great way to get your legs and butt into shape so that you look good to others.
Sorry to bore you with that if I have.kXVglH85Lce2b4MI