Sounding Board Needed

last reply
6 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Ok so I've been in an online relationship with another Lush user for the last two, almost three years. I've been 100% happy with it that way, and have treated it as a genuine relationship the entire time. I've never looked at anybody else and haven't wanted anybody else for that matter. I'm in love with her and she makes me happy.

Only this past summer I've reconnected with one of my old school friends (we ended up being housemates, as I was boarding at her mums house then she came home from uni for the summer) and we basically spent every moment in each others pockets. It started with late nights up watching movies and just talking about everything and nothing. I guess just life. I guess all the story sharing kind of changed something between us but one night it all kind of changed from platonic to something else. She had an emotional breakdown one evening and I stayed up with her and talked to her and then when we went to bed I told her if she needed me just to knock on my door. As it happens, said knock occurred a while later and I spent the night in her bed just holding her. I suppose that was the turning point for us both although neither of us acknowledged it until after a few months after she'd moved away again and she told me she liked me and saw me as more than a friend. We discussed it a little bit, and established the feeling was mutual but we kind of agreed to just let things happen as they would.

I still love my girlfriend more than anything and I want to be with her, but I also care deeply for my friend. I love her but it's not too late for me to prevent things from going further, I guess my main issue is how can I kind of let her down gently and still keep her friendship. I don't want to break her heart with a rebuttal, I think she loves me already but hasn't realised it yet. Then again she might not, but I think she does. I don't want to see her hurt, she's so innocent and naive. One of those rare flowers who somehow have remained sheltered their whole lives. Life is hard... how can I proceed from here?
0 likes
Can I ask this...is this lush love a long distance thing

If so will you ever meet?

What keeps u apart if not distance

I suspect it is distance

Long distance is hard..but even harder if you have never met

I suspect you are lonely and if your love was next to you this never would even be a possibility right

If I am wrong and your love does live near...something is off in your relationship

So always...just talk to your gf

Honesty hurts but in the end they will remember you loved them enough to talk to them

You held her..sounds more like comfort than anything else

Talk to your gf...see if she feels something is off too

Just from your words I can tell you care so much for others

One last thing

Who's face do you want to wake up next to in a year?
Lurker
0 likes
Yes it is a long distance thing. We live in different hemispheres ha sad we've always had a plan to meet but life keeps getting in the way, I'm still in university myself, and so flying halfway across the world hasn't really been in my budget unfortunately. I want to wake up to my gf's face next year ha. But that's assuming we ever actually meet...
0 likes
Oh I understand honey I mean plane tickets are so expensive

U cuddled your lovely friend because u needed human touch

Absolutely human...and understandable

I know u love your gf

Skype her and tell her u love and miss her

Love will find a way

Sometimes it takes time
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
You seem to have handled a very delicate situation with your friend with all the sensitivity and kindness one human being can offer to another. You have let her know your feelings very gently, and it really is up to her to accept that. But it sounds like you have done your best to maintain the even keel of that friendship.

As for your relationship, fingers and toes crossed that you get the chance to meet up for real, and soonest!!! smile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thesexynun

U cuddled your lovely friend because u needed human touch

Absolutely human...and understandable

YES. I never realised I was missing this so badly until that night
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by curvygalore
You seem to have handled a very delicate situation with your friend with all the sensitivity and kindness one human being can offer to another. You have let her know your feelings very gently, and it really is up to her to accept that. But it sounds like you have done your best to maintain the even keel of that friendship.

Thank you, I don't want to see either of them hurt I love them both a lot, it's hard to find the right way to approach it sometimes.