"Cyclone cuts off electricity to Lush's coding genius"

last reply
33 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I've just received an email from Gav, saying he'll be without electricity until at least the weekend. He was in his car using his mobile to message me.

I had no idea, but apparently where he is, a few hours north of Sydney, they've been hit by a Category 2 Cyclone. 70,000 people are without power. He's trying to get hold of a portable generator.

All his family are fine, but there's a lot of tree and building damage in his area, roads closed etc.

Please bear this in mind when messaging about site related tech issues!
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Thanks for this Nicola! I'm glad to hear that he and his family are fine. Being without power is such an inconvenience.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
The weather has been nothing short of diabolical here. The Heavens opened up on Sunday, and today, Wednesday, it is still bucketing down and it has not stopped for a minute, until a few hours ago. It would have been possible to trade the car for a jetski this week. I dont ever remember a storm system hitting and it lasting this long. Up where Gav is usually wears the brunt of this kind of system and I'm sure the emergency services are doing all they can to restore power and services to those who have been cut off. Gav, if you can hear me, just keep the fridges closed..
Lurker
0 likes
Yes diabolical is a great description , magnificent weather for ducks and snuggling. Here where I am in Sydney I've been watching about three meters waves crash on my beach - inside the harbour! Last night they recorded 15m waves on the beaches on the coast. we've been lucky here though, just a couple of short blackouts here but many parts of Sydney and further north smashed by this storm. Stay safe Gav.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes stay SAFE Gav.........or be a real Aussie and grab a board......."Surf's UP!!"

Good luck getting the juice back on.
Lurker
0 likes
Glad to hear all is okay. Stay safe, boss-man!
The Linebacker
0 likes
I am glad to know he is safe. I hope he finds a generator and gets power for his family.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Wow, I feel silly with my minor complaints this morning. I'm so glad Gav and his family are safe.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
? A True Story ?
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I've just received an email from Gav, saying he'll be without electricity until at least the weekend. He was in his car using his mobile to message me.

I had no idea, but apparently where he is, a few hours north of Sydney, they've been hit by a Category 2 Cyclone. 70,000 people are without power. He's trying to get hold of a portable generator.

All his family are fine, but there's a lot of tree and building damage in his area, roads closed etc.

Please bear this in mind when messaging about site related tech issues!

I can relate... I live in the hurricane zone and so glad Gav and his family are safe. Thanks for letting us know
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Good thing you are so efficient that you have everything working smooth...

Hope your weather straightens out soon and you make it through safely
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I saw some bits on the news about this - including a cruise ship that got stranded in the storm because the port in Sydney was closed. It looked pretty scary.

So happy to hear Gav and his family are safe!
Southern Charmer
0 likes
I'm glad to hear that Gav and his family are safe! Hopefully they get power restored soon.

I wrote a Taboo story with WannabeWordsmith. I think it's great and would love for you to read it. Blank Canvas 1 I'm excited! Blank Canvas 2 is now out!

Senior Analyst
0 likes
Stay safe, Gav. Remember: Lush comes second!
Brown Sugar
0 likes
Glad to hear that Gav is safe. Thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers to all affected by the weather.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Good to hear that Gav and his family are safe. Sending good thoughts and prayers to him.

Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Thanks for letting us know Nicola! Glad Gav and his family are ok and hope that they and everyone else without power gets re-connected asap!! The weather sounds horrendous!!!
Site administrator
0 likes
I think something like that would really scare me .. anyway take care.

In the UK we talk about and moan about the weather like no other subject. We can have a relatively good summer and still come October everyone is saying ' another bloody awful summer .. forecasters never get it right .. I only remember 2 days above 20C .. blah blah' .. quite often now I retort 'Hey .. at least we dont get the nasty awful and life threatening weather systems that other countries and continents get!'.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I was chatting with a girlfriend from the east coast of Australia last night, and she said the weather was scary. Then we got cut off in mid-conversation, so I hope she and Gav, and everyone from that area stays safe and gets power back soon!
Lurker
0 likes
We Brits are always complaining about our weather, but this makes us realise how lucky we are. My thoughts are with you Gav, glad to hear that you and your family are okay, stay safe, and make the most of your enforced rest, have a beer or two on me. ?????
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
all that matters is Gav and fam are okay - the rest is just stuff. btw, if you want, i'm sure i could do the coding for a few days in his absence. i mean, what's the worst that could happen? smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Stay safe, Gav. Keep your family close. Gives you a chance for bonding, because there is no power. biggrin

Lurker
0 likes
We had a heat storm heat. It was bad, power went out, limbs fell
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes our systems and construction type are no match for Mother Nature. Gav just focus on the family needs, Lush will keep running well, you have set us up with a good system
Lurker
0 likes
Any news about Gav?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

?????