New member to the site, and what I think so far

last reply
17 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi everyone! First, I would like to say thank you for the many genuine, thoughtful welcomes. This appears to be a fun site to be at.

Now....coming from a newbie... not just to the site, but to internet "adult chat", I would like to tell you guys just how overwhelming and intimidating it is to go into the chat room as a new female member. Every single male in the room it seems wants to have a private chat, or whisper, which is understandable. But I would suggest, if you want to see new women in the chat room, to allow for a little breathing space. There are a couple guys that have been very polite and helpful, and I am telling you now, they have a better chance of being a chat buddy and friend than others.

I am not speaking for every woman here, I am sure, but I bet more get scared off than stay.
0 likes
Be nice right if they just chatted with you for a few minutes before heading to the whisper lol

Great advice Emma!
Lurker
0 likes
Welcome, and be careful out there

Chuckanator
0 likes
Hey. Welcome to the site. Not all guys here are mindless horn dogs. Just sayin.

I don't do chat but the stories and forum are engaging and fun.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Welcome. Should you need any help navigating around around the site, I am always happy to help. When in a chat room and getting virtually jumped, I try to start politely but have no problem utilizing the block key if they can't return the manners. Good luck and I hope you continue to enjoy Lush. smile
The Linebacker
0 likes
I suggest checking out the stories and having fun in the Forum. I don't do chat, so I don't know much about that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to go in the chat rooms, this is when I was here last year, and it was fun but a bit overwhelming. I've only been in there a couple of times since coming back, but everyone comes at you at the same time. I prefer to post on the forums now, way more fun for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Welcome to the site.. It can be over whelming in the chat rooms at first... but it gets easier to ignore. I have gotten better at it...I have been here a little over 30 days... so the chat rooms have became a little easier...The biggest problem I can see here is the Jealousy... A lot of it from certain woman here...But it is a good place to have fun..Wish you the best ..enjoy Lush...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeah, I don't get the appeal of the chat rooms. Too much of a clustefuck. Forums are waaayyyy better.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by emma382638
Hi everyone! First, I would like to say thank you for the many genuine, thoughtful welcomes. This appears to be a fun site to be at.

Now....coming from a newbie... not just to the site, but to internet "adult chat", I would like to tell you guys just how overwhelming and intimidating it is to go into the chat room as a new female member. Every single male in the room it seems wants to have a private chat, or whisper, which is understandable. But I would suggest, if you want to see new women in the chat room, to allow for a little breathing space. There are a couple guys that have been very polite and helpful, and I am telling you now, they have a better chance of being a chat buddy and friend than others.

I am not speaking for every woman here, I am sure, but I bet more get scared off than stay.

It's sad to say that your experience is not uncommon. I don't wish to start "mansplaining" or come up with the familiarly crass "Not All Men" trope but there are all sorts of people here - some you'll like, some you won't. The good news is that once you get a feel for how this place works you can start shaping your Lush experience to how you want it to be.

Now, show us your tits
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I suggest checking out the stories and having fun in the Forum. I don't do chat, so I don't know much about that.

lol dont put my customers off!!

Seriously yes its challenging at first but I think most the ladies rather get used to it or sadly they dont use the rooms. You can via your profile settings block private chat requests and block whispers from all but friends. Then you have the full block for people who persist and you would rather not interact with.

Look out for the moderators if you need help .. I am told they have a broom to the side of their name lol .. avoid the skunk however at all costs (ke).
Convict
0 likes
Quote by emma382638

Unfortunately it was the same for me almost three years ago. I got hit with about 20 private chat requests within the first minute. I left straight away and I never went back into one for a year and a half. A couple of times I went into a friend's chat room which was a lot better but I still rarely go there.

Emma, there are some settings for chat that you can change such as "block whispers from people who are not your friends". Hide vids or pics in a chat room if you are struggling to keep up with conversation. Perhaps later make your own chat room and invite who you want to or leave it open and you could boot someone out for whatever reason.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Unfortunately it was the same for me almost three years ago. I got hit with about 20 private chat requests within the first minute. I left straight away and I never went back into one for a year and a half. A couple of times I went into a friend's chat room which was a lot better but I still rarely go there.

Emma, there are some settings for chat that you can change such as "block whispers from people who are not your friends". Hide vids or pics in a chat room if you are struggling to keep up with conversation. Perhaps later make your own chat room and invite who you want to or leave it open and you could boot someone out for whatever reason.

pft ... I bet you didnt get any private chat requests and thats why you left!!

0 likes
Welcome, Emma! One thing to think about is using the "block whispers in chat rooms" (not sure this is the exact name) setting in your Settings page. I don't personally use it, if/when I go into chat and receive an inappropriate whisper, a very polite, very public (as in, herateleia says to idiotxx) "Please don't whisper me, IdiotXX" generally does the trick.

However, I have several friends who do use the "block whispers in chat rooms" feature...you can allow someone to whisper you after they've asked your permission publicly, or you can allow only friends to whisper you, so there's flexibility. And as Simply John said, the chat moderators exist for a reason--if someone persistently whispers you inappropriate content (especially pictures/GIFs), and you do not want to block them (which is something I do do, without hesitation), you can whisper the moderator and/or click on the member's name and then click on "Report Member".

I find it easier to do the public call-out, then place a hard block on the member, but if you can't/don't know how/don't want to do these things, whisper the moderator with a summary or copy and paste of the member's whisper(s) to you.

The only time I do an instant "Report Member" instead of the public call-out, and then the block, is if someone whispers me something regarding underage participants, or whispers me a pic or GIF with what appears to be underage participants. Then I do the "Report Member" thing instantly, followed by a public call-out (herateleia says to paedophileXX "Please do not whisper me with descriptions of your fantasies regarding children"), a whisper to the moderator (if one is present--if not, I click on the moderator icon on the bottom of the page, pick a chat moderator online, and send a message with a copy and pasted verbatim of what was whispered to me), and finally a truly hard block--meaning I block them in the chat room, and then exit the chat room, go to my settings page, and block the member from my settings page as well, just to be sure.

I know this all sounds terribly complicated but it's really not...any one of the chat moderators, including the skunk, can walk you through this step-by-step.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Princess Popsicle
0 likes
Hi Emma and welcome to Lush!

I've been a member for almost four years (tomorrow is my Lush-iversary) and I ventured into the chat rooms when I first joined, got completely overwhelmed and then left almost immediately. I headed back in there last week and found in to be much the same but the way I dealt with it has changed. I'd advise you go in your settings and tweak them to how you want them to be or inf you don't, just be quite firm with people, tell them no and if they don't accept it then block them! Nobody should make you feel uncomfortable.

Hope you settle in and enjoy it here, it really is a great place x
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

It's sad to say that your experience is not uncommon. I don't wish to start "mansplaining" or come up with the familiarly crass "Not All Men" trope but there are all sorts of people here - some you'll like, some you won't. The good news is that once you get a feel for how this place works you can start shaping your Lush experience to how you want it to be.

Now, show us your tits

That just totally cracked me up!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
Hey. Welcome to the site. Not all of guys are mindless horn dogs. Just sayin.

This ^