0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
He does get 10/10 for perseverance though

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21923507-13762,00.html

Man fails exam for 38th time
June 18, 2007 08:31am

A 73-year-old Indian farmer who vowed not to marry before passing his high school exams has failed to get through for the 38th time.
Shiv Charan Yadav has been taking the exams - normally given to schoolchildren aged 15 - every year since 1969, without success. This year, he failed everything except Sanskrit.

Mr Yadav, who lives on his own in a small village, was in his 30s when he decided to better himself through education.

"Once I pass, I want to get married to a girl under 30," the ever-optimistic permanent student said.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think his family must have made him make the promise not to marry without his academic success, to save the region from multiple thick children.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SusanEngland
I think his family must have made him make the promise not to marry without his academic success, to save the region from multiple thick children.

If he passed it after taking it a 39th time, would it make him any less stupid?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by mrplow
Quote by SusanEngland

If he passed it after taking it a 39th time, would it make him any less stupid?

after 39 failures and at the age of 73, I think the chances of him passing have sunk without trace mrplow .. don't you?

As Lush says, one has to admire his stamina, but sadly his brain seems to be way, way past its sell by date. !!!

Nothing is said about his circumstances; I wonder if he studies/sits the exam for companionship?

Poor man. I do have sympathy for him even though it seems that I don't.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
...and still less pathetic than the Republicans voting 60+ times to repeal Obamacare, and failing. They make Shiv Charan Yadav look like a genius!