Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

If your wife, girlfriend, significant other wanted to take pole dancing lessons what would your resp

last reply
62 replies
5.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The (Im)Proper Poetess
0 likes
I am signing up to take pole dancing lessons. I haven't mentioned it to my husband yet. Not because I am worried about it, but because he works out of state and I feel that it is a conversation best held in person. I had the idea to do the classes as research for a series of stories that pole dancing will be prominently featured. I wanted to be able to accurately write about the subject. However, the more I looked into it, it looks like it could be a lot of fun! So guys, how would you feel if your partner wanted to take these classes?

https://youtu.be/ixztl02mWCQ
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Know I'm not a guy, but to my knowledge pole dancing classes are widely available in many gyms, community halls and dance studio alongside Zumba and Pilates. Its just another exercise class!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have to agree it's thought of as a male club entertainment feature, but it does require a good deal of body flexibility and strength to be good at the activity. So if she wanted to do it for herself there is no issue
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Haha, I'd be perfectly cool with it, enthusiastic even. You can actually buy stripper poles in many sex shops for around $100 (click here), I'd totally buy one if my girlfriend was taking lessons. I'd let her accumulate some skills beforehand however, then I'd let her give me an awesome show.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
Depends on whose pole she'd be dancing on.

LMAO! ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Id love if my wife took lessons and id put a pole in the bedroom
When you make peace with authority you become authority
Jim fucking morrison
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have friends who do it. It gets your abs in amazing shape and in order to flip u have to be strong!

So you rock for this!

Besides being erotic it does make your muscles long and lean.

I cannot imagine anyone objecting to sexy exercise!

Seriously cool!
" smile..it is the second best thing to do with your LIPS!"
The (Im)Proper Poetess
0 likes
Thanks everyone for the responses. I believe I will get a practice pole for home. The outfits they wear are seriously hot too! The exercise will be great..i have managed to lose more than 100lbs in the last 15 months or so and toning up my body will feel great! 47 isn't to old for this...right? and all the positive responses from the guys lead me to believe he will be similar in his response.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I installed a pole for her in the basement myself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would be fine with it. It is a great form of working out and I would love to see her practicing.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by loneleygirl68

but does she use it?

Yes, quite a bit.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think I can safely say, a brass pole would be installed in our bedroom immediately, and friends might be invited over for the show. ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sounds awesome to me! I have trouble imagining a guy on this site objecting to it. And super huge congrats on you losing 100lbs. THAT is no small feat!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hey,

So, the obvious-male-answer is "hell yes!". That goes without saying on this website.

However, for the guys who are not naturally inclined to be your typical Lush members, I suspect the real issue will be to sell the fact that pole dancing is really - at it's heart - a fun dance form that has real health benefits. That sounds boring, but I do know some guys (not me smile ) who'd be nervous about others in the community thinking their less of their partner because of pole dancing. I don't actually believe that's an issue, in reality. It's just about communicating what the benefits are, and how pole dancing now attracts a diverse range of performers. ;)

In my part of the world, they tend to call it Pole Fit to differentiate it, and rebrand it. Use that name instead. Honestly, it's just about the name really. If you took the name away from the activity, then it becomes another form of gymnastics.

An open conversation with your husband should do the trick, and I think most rationale people would see the benefits after a little persuasion!

Stacey (going against his own long standing tradition, and trying not to give his default aroused-male-response ;) )
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by bill11
Have to agree it's thought of as a male club entertainment feature, but it does require a good deal of body flexibility and strength to be good at the activity. So if she wanted to do it for herself there is no issue

Bill, I agree with you here. Completely.

I wonder if what they have at the "male clubs" is anywhere near as good as this video. In this case, it is sexy, I can't honestly deny that, BUT it is amazing as an event to watch for more than erotic purposes. It is death
defying like tight ropes and trapeze.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would encourage her. I understand it is fabulous exercise and one hell of a workout.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I don't see many men saying no to this. If I wanted to do this and my man (if I had one) was against this for some reason, I'd be curious as to why. I'm not asking to become a stripper.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by loneleygirl68
The exercise will be great..i have managed to lose more than 100lbs in the last 15 months or so and toning up my body will feel great! 47 isn't to old for this...right? and all the positive responses from the guys lead me to believe he will be similar in his response.

That is a fantastic achievement!! Well done you, and the pole dancing will really help you tone up and feel good about your new shape! I'm sure the guys will agree that 47 is NOT too old (I have friends in their 50's and 60's who do similar workouts).

Good for you and I'm sure your husband will love it! smile
Lurker
0 likes
Go to the bank and get fists full of two dollar bills......fucking inflation
The (Im)Proper Poetess
0 likes
Quote by curvygalore

That is a fantastic achievement!! Well done you, and the pole dancing will really help you tone up and feel good about your new shape! I'm sure the guys will agree that 47 is NOT too old (I have friends in their 50's and 60's who do similar workouts).

Good for you and I'm sure your husband will love it! smile

thank you mam :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For the sake of offering a different opinion I wanted to come up with some negatives but I can only think of one (and it's a bit of a stretch). I would be a little worried about others getting word of this and either making a judgmental comment ("Oh... isn't that for [I]strippers[/I]? Why is [I]she[/I] doing that?") or saying something rude and crass ("Hey you should invite me over to watch her practice. I'll even give her a [I]big tip[/I] if she is good enough, ha ha.") and potentially ruining the fun. Granted, this is a pretty minor concern and can easily be avoided or alleviated by exercising a little discretion with those friends (or friends of friends) that might have prudish tastes or a be prone to crude comments.

But don't get me wrong, I must state that I think that this is an incredible idea. I seriously don't think that most men would have any problem with it in the slightest.

I would be highly approving for a number of reasons:
1) It will get her into shape or help her stay in shape, depending on the situation. It's a no brainer.
2) The classes should give her an incredible self-esteem boost meaning that when I see her, more smiles. (and who doesn't just love a woman's face when a genuine smile is plastered on it?)
3) She will develop some skills that will have an obvious benefit when it comes to foreplay and other bedroom activities.
4) It's a great excuse to buy sexy outfits and in my opinion, one can never have enough of those.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?