last reply
49 replies
4.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Brothers and Sisters...

As of today, I now live in THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD whose Constitution guarantees ABSOLUTE EQUALITY to all married couples under the law regardless of sexuality.

Ireland, you've made me proud.

xx SF

(I'll speak later about the ramifications of this referendum, (almost 7 out of Ten citizens voted, of those, almost 7 out of Ten voted YES!) but there is NO QUESTION that regardless of race, creed, age and indeed sexuality, the Irish nation has shown the rest of the civilized world what the word 'progressive' truly means.)

xx SF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1xc_5SIvSM
0 likes
Well done Ireland!!!

Come on world love is love!!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
our evil plan of world domination is working! Today, Ireland, tomorrow... FINLAND!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
our evil plan of world domination is working! Today, Ireland, tomorrow... FINLAND!

Unfortunately Not!!!

(Because LOOK at that vote... 70% voted, and 70% of those voted yes, but hang on... Ireland DOES HAVE the youngest population in Europe, BUT, the numbers show that this vote CANNOT have been carried by young people alone... Moreover, it's PATENTLY OBVIOUS that given the accepted number of ONE IN TEN OF POPULATION, neither was this vote carried by LGBT voters... This vote WAS CARRIED by a society who LOVE, RESPECT and VALUE their friends, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters and DEMAND equal treatment for all under the law. And that MAKES ME CRY with PRIDE for my country and her people.)

The NO Vote was not insignificant, so what happens/changes for No Voters NOW?

Well, I'll tell you.

NOTHING.

And in time those people will surely see that EQUALITY FOR ALL in no way threatens them, their marriage or society as a whole, indeed, the opposite is true, it STRENGTHENS us as a nation and a people.

LGBT people in my country are VINDICATED today, and not before time. But outside my window, car horns are beeping, people are dancing in the street and we are SMILING.

Today Us, TOMORROW THE WORLD!!

xx SF

(But WE were First... *LAUGHS!*)

And because as we know Ms Stephanie is not without a STREAK of nastiness I can REPLY to the NO VOTERS who constantly Bible-Quoted with... "But, MARRIAGE is for a man and a woman only..."

"NOT ANY FUCKING MORE IT'S NOT!*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_vhYpR9xo
Wild at Heart
0 likes
This isn't like when Ireland accidentally legalized meth, is it?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

psst - i don't think it was accidental, MF. just saying.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Congratulations Ireland! Ireland has taken quite a step forward for humanity. In fact, Ireland has now played a serious leadership role for the rest of the world to follow.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Congratulations Ireland! Ireland has taken quite a step forward for humanity. In fact, Ireland has now played a serious leadership role for the rest of the world to follow.

SARCASM DOES NOT BECOME YOU YOU DIXIE CRACKER MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Buz: "WE DID HUMANITARIAN THINGS IN DIXIE! We stopped slavery..."

Me: "YEAH BECAUSE YOU LOST A FUCKING WAR!!!"

Buz: "WE NEARLY WON!!!"

Me: "GOTCHA!"

xx SF

The above is IRONY, Satire etc...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Now THAT was a campaign...

Mrs McDonnegal (82) :"But sure, isn't METH a filthy, dirty drug?"

Me: "Not really... More of a cure for Arthritis..."

Mrs McDonnegal: "Oh, well then Jesus I'll vote for it..."

xx SF
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

SARCASM DOES NOT BECOME YOU YOU DIXIE CRACKER MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Buz: "WE DID HUMANITARIAN THINGS IN DIXIE! We stopped slavery..."

Me: "YEAH BECAUSE YOU LOST A FUCKING WAR!!!"

Buz: "WE NEARLY WON!!!"

Me: "GOTCHA!"

xx SF

The above is IRONY, Satire etc...

Buz: Watch out! I'll make you drink a toast to Oliver Cromwell. (just kidding of course!) I do descend from abolitionists... and some paid with their lives.

Steph: Well, I descend from... we danced naked around the maypole (and I still do sometimes when I'm drunk.)

Buz: So what? I've ridden my motorcycle naked.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

Now THAT was a campaign...

Mrs McDonnegal (82) :"But sure, isn't METH a filthy, dirty drug?"

Me: "Not really... More of a cure for Arthritis..."

Mrs McDonnegal: "Oh, well then Jesus I'll vote for it..."

xx SF

Steph don't speak soon, I can see that dialogue working throughout Ireland!! ;)

And I am waving and cheering from the Northern vicinity! Fantastic result!! biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Right on Ireland!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Lurker
0 likes
Guys, IF YOU GET THE CHANCE, watch your INTERNATIONAL NEWS CHANNEL SHOWS tonight...

*IRELAND IS FUCKING MARDI GRAS TONIGHT!*

I'm going to say it again...

"IS MISE GO hIONTACH SAMHASTA LINNE!!!* ("I'm so proud of us...")

xx SF
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Welcome to the 21st century. Abortion reform next?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
*packs my shit and moves to ireland*
Sex without love is a meaningless experience, but as far as meaningless experiences go its pretty damn good.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

EVEN OUR GAYS ARE CATHOLIC!!! WAAAAAAH!

xx SF
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by stephanie
(almost 7 out of Ten citizens voted, of those, almost 7 out of Ten voted YES!)

61% and 62% respectively. As a mathematician, I am appalled at your rounding.

But I am thrilled for Ireland.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes

Congratz Ireland!

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Best world news I've heard in a long time!!! Maybe the US will take is head out of it's arse and follow suit. Well... a girl can hope. At least it's happening one state at a time.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter
Best world news I've heard in a long time!!! Maybe the US will take is head out of it's arse and follow suit. Well... a girl can hope. At least it's happening one state at a time.

We're a WHOLE SOLID STATE COUNTRY, AXIE... Who USED to be under the thumb of those baby HURTERS that CALLED themselves our CHURCH...

This is the start of us FUCKING that VATICAN ATTITUDE!

The NEW IRELAND starts here.

(Welcome Everyone...)

xx SF

EIRE SAOR ANOCHT! (Ireland is FREE tonight!!!)

And GRAB your pink hats and black dresses GIRLS 'cos we've had ENOUGH you BASTARDS!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by clum

61% and 62% respectively. As a mathematician, I am appalled at your rounding.

But I am thrilled for Ireland.

YOU are a MATHEMATICIAN...

I AM A POLITICIAN... AND AFTER 35 YEARS OF SHIT I JUST WON...

Don't Quibble...

We'll NEED the ammunition for the NEXT one.

I refer my honourable friend to the response I gave earlier.

(There is nothing to be afraid of...)

But WE Just Changed The Whole Fucking World...

ADD THAT UP!

xx SF

( It's NOT like it wasn't a FIGHT... I CRIED buckets with friends here when I SWEATED we would not win...)

But we won.

x SF

(And JUST TO SAY, *WINNING* means it will be easier to hold your girlfriend's hand on Grafton Street, or KISS your boy goodnight as he gets into a Taxi on Dame Street,,,)

LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!

(Perfectly Normal.)

xx SF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXayhUzWnl0
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by stephanie
We're a WHOLE SOLID STATE COUNTRY, AXIE... Who USED to be under the thumb of those baby HURTERS that CALLED themselves our CHURCH...

This is the start of us FUCKING that VATICAN ATTITUDE!

The NEW IRELAND starts here.

(Welcome Everyone...)

xx SF

EIRE SAOR ANOCHT! (Ireland is FREE tonight!!!)

And GRAB your pink hats and black dresses GIRLS 'cos we've had ENOUGH you BASTARDS!

I totally agree! Ireland has set the bar and hopefully more countries will follow suit. I've tried to teach my students that this is a civil rights issue... not much different from (and please excuse this reference... but it's all I have as an American) when blacks and whites could not be married. The same stupid "Jim Crow Laws" that plagued our country for way too long.

Bravo Ireland! Keep up the great work.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

I totally agree! Ireland has set the bar and hopefully more countries will follow suit. I've tried to teach my students that this is a civil rights issue... not much different from (and please excuse this reference... but it's all I have as an American) when blacks and whites could not be married. The same stupid "Jim Crow Laws" that plagued our country for way too long.

Bravo Ireland! Keep up the great work.

No, NO! (It's EXACTLY the same!!!) It's NOT about sexuality, Colour, Politics, DIFFERENCE IN WHATEVER WAY... It's about EQUALITY FOR ALL as a Civil Right.

(IRELAND is not plagued by RACIST/FASCIST attitudes in the way that USA is or UK is...) And we NOW have a HUGE community of immigrants from Eastern Europe, Africa, The East etc... I GUESS it's because we ourselves were victims of racist attitude through history, ("The Blacks Of Europe"??????) so we simply don't play that bollox... (The recent UK General Election was in large part fought on an anti-immigration platform...) That attitude DOES NOT EXIST in my country... We just find the fuckers really interesting...

You SHOULD SEE Parnell Street in Dublin now... It's like the fucking UN... Koreans, Pakistanis, Chinese, Polish, Brazilians, Nigerians, Bangladeshis, Algerians, FUCKING IRISH, all happily co-existing side by side as neighbours...

(Charles Stewart Parnell must be BEAMING in his grave...)

And thanks for the love, AXIE.

xx SF

A History lesson...

The IRISH were enslaved TWICE... In the 16th Century the MOORS used to raid our southern coast and NICK us!!! (The Bastards!)

And of course THE ENGLISH in the 16th-19th Centuries used us to found the Virginian Colonies, (named for Queen Elizabeth I The Virgin Queen) and AUSTRALIA...

Irish Joke... Guy goes to The Australian Embassy to apply for a VISA... Aussie Guy says, "Do you have a criminal record?" Irish guy says, "I didn't know we still needed one..."

(Actually, THE MOORS were MOTHERFUCKERS... They raided ICELAND for slaves... Seriously...)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i should warn you, Steph, this is only the beginning. gay marriage is legal in the state where i live, as you well know. legality and acceptance are not always the same thing. those who voted against it won't just smile and go, okay, we're cool. not all of them, leastwise. it's a hard lesson to learn. minds change much slower than laws, sometimes.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well done & congratulations Ireland!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i should warn you, Steph, this is only the beginning. gay marriage is legal in the state where i live, as you well know. legality and acceptance are not always the same thing. those who voted against it won't just smile and go, okay, we're cool. not all of them, leastwise. it's a hard lesson to learn. minds change much slower than laws, sometimes.

Love, (My Sister...) I've been a fighter my whole life...

A CYNIC might say, "For things that don't effect you?"

EVERYTHING EFFECTS EVERYONE...

(And even this VOTE isn't a MAGIC WAND...)

BUT, it does THIS... It says, "If You Don't Accept Honest Love For It's Own Sake THEN you are in the minority and Out Of Synch with the Wider Social Program... SO GET IT SORTED!"

In my country, NOW, it's suddenly a MUCH safer space to be QUEER... (Not perfect yet, but this is only step one...)

So we keep fighting... (SHIT ain't over...) So we keep fighting.

(But that VOTE proves we're winning...)

So, yeah...

We Keep Fighting.

xx SF

(I was talking to NIKKI earlier, and mentioned that the LOVE I get here helped me really GO AFTER the result we got... The night before the vote I talked to Baby Betty and I confessed I wasn't sure how it would go...)

We keep fighting.

We keep fighting...

(Whispers) We Keep Fucking Fighting.

xx SF
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

(Whispers) We Keep Fucking

This, too biggrin

English Rose
0 likes
I'm thrilled about this too

Gay marriage became legal in England in March last year. I have no plans to marry right now, but it's amazing and also liberating to know I can if I want to
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...