Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

In your view what is a difference between a girl and a woman?

last reply
60 replies
6.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A girl wants attention, a woman wants respect. A girl wants to be adored by many. A woman wants to be adored by one.

That pretty much covers it for me....I hope that helps?
"Being male is a matter of birth.
Being a man is a matter of age.
Being a gentleman is a matter of choice."
Clumeleon
0 likes
I find it very interesting that this was posted in Ask The Guys. That's the problem, isn't it? We (unconsciously) let men decide what the measure of a woman is.

In fact, the transition from girl to woman should have fuck all to do with us and everything to do with that person's own experiences and personal development. Instead, too many girls think that they become a woman when a man deems them to be so, or tells them that they are.

Patriarchal bullshit, is what it is.

So don't 'Ask The Guys' what the difference between a girl and a woman is. We don't decide that. Our opinion is irrelevant.

I know the question was innocent enough, but it's indicative of a bigger problem and it would be remiss of me to sit by and let this thread fill up with arbitrary judgements that unwittingly undermine the self-esteem and self-determination of a fuck load of women.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mr buffalo..just perfect..a perfect response. You are wonderful!
" smile..it is the second best thing to do with your LIPS!"
0 likes
Rather like "boy" and "man", isn't it? It's all just maturity. Yes, girlish and boyish attitudes and behaviours may continue well past physical maturity and even psychological maturity and maybe use of "girl" and "boy" as a term of affection is appropriate in a some relationships ("She's my girl/boy") but, in the end, every boy is a man and every girl is a woman, just at a different stage of maturity.

I would also suggest giving a good read of what clum said.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by clum
I find it very interesting that this was posted in Ask The Guys. That's the problem, isn't it? We (unconsciously) let men decide what the measure of a woman is.

In fact, the transition from girl to woman should have fuck all to do with us and everything to do with that person's own experiences and personal development. Instead, too many girls think that they become a woman when a man deems them to be so, or tells them that they are.

So don't 'Ask The Guys' what the difference between a girl and a woman is. We don't decide that. Our opinion is irrelevant.

I know the question was innocent enough, but it's indicative of a bigger problem and it would be remiss of me to sit by and let this thread fill up with arbitrary judgements that unwittingly undermine the self-esteem and self-determination of a fuck load of women.

You rock Calum! biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The difference is maturity, intellect and attitude.

But more over a person isn't defined by labels, they are defined by who they are and what they do.
Lurker
0 likes
Maturity & Attitude.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Women know what they want, and who they are. Girls are still in the process of learning those things. I would think the same applies to boys and men, but that is probably an "ask the gals" question.
Lurker
0 likes
Age.

Just because you are an older woman, does not always mean that you are mature/ more desirable.

Just because you are a girl, does not always mean that you are an immature princess

Maybe the question you are asking, is; "What is more desirable to you as a man?
You are going to get a lot of different answers.

What do you look for in a man, OP?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MrBuffalo
A girl wants attention, a woman wants respect. A girl wants to be adored by many. A woman wants to be adored by one.

That pretty much covers it for me....I hope that helps?

Quote by Verbal
Women know what they want, and who they are. Girls are still in the process of learning those things. I would think the same applies to boys and men, but that is probably an "ask the gals" question. [/quote

Bingo!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
A girl needs a man. A woman wants a man.
Wine Connoisseur
0 likes
Basically, maturity and attitude. Girls are young women who are going through a learning stage, they like to experiment sexually and their mind and body are still developing. You cannot put a definitive age that defines a woman and a girl as some women mature earlier or later than others. A ball park figure would be around twenty-one years old.
Lurker
0 likes
when there is misunderstanding

A girl says "its done"

but

woman says "lets talk"
Lurker
0 likes
well a girl is a quick learner....whereas a woman dose not like to be showed......she is mature enough to know what is getting into
Lurker
0 likes
As many have mentioned; maturity, attitude, etc. certainly contribute...
But at the end of the day, 'tis up to her to define herself smile
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Hytherion
Age.

Just because you are an older woman, does not always mean that you are mature/ more desirable.

Just because you are a girl, does not always mean that you are an immature princess

This... it really isn't anything else than age. Those 'it's all about maturity' answers all sound very graceful, but at the end of the day it's simply a matter of age; I doubt that many people would call a mature 23-year-old college girl a 'college woman' (haha), and conversely I doubt that any immature woman older than 40-year-old would be referred to as 'a girl'.

I know that a similar question was asked in Ask the Gals a few days ago (man vs boy), but 'boy' and 'girl' don't quite have the exact same connotation. Young males can be referred to either as a 'boy' or a 'guy', whereas young females only have the term 'girl'. When you're calling an adult male 'a boy' you're pretty much implying that he has a childish behavior, but the terms 'guy' and 'girl' simply refer to a younger person.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by iCottonCandy

What state are we in?
Chuckanator
0 likes
Legally in California it is 18 years old. But metaphorically it is what MrBufflo said. "A girl wants attention, a woman wants respect. A girl wants to be adored by many. A woman wants to be adored by one."

I think Dani might say Titties
Wild at Heart
0 likes
To say that women don't want attention and that girls don't want respect makes me feel like a lot of you have very minimal contact with both.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by clum

Winner.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by clum

I understand what you mean, but this topic seemed to have been mirrored by a In your view what is a difference between a boy and a man? topic in the 'Ask the Gals' section, which to me gives it another spin. Less 'you men' and more 'you as a man'. I don't think it's a problem if men have a personal opinion about what they think is the difference between a girl or a woman. It may even be a good starting point for a discussion about the real problem you mention.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A girl is a woman still learning the facts of life. She probably is confused and is wondering what life has in store for her.
A woman is one who believes she knows the facts if life and has probably experienced quite a few.
When she says "yes" she knows what she is in for.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by clum

Clum darling, your comment is as far as I went. It is perfect.
This is why we love you so much.?
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Maturity
The way she carries herself
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Giggles. Girls giggle more.
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Quote by clum

Thank you Clum.
[url]http://[/url]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by iCottonCandy

10-15 years in prison
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
Giggles. Girls giggle more.

I wish you would giggle for me - as a girl does when she is experiencing something naughty but nice.