Login

Time Stamps

last reply
10 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've noticed now(and with a previous account) that time stamps never match up between forum posts(in the forums) and forum posts (view-able on profiles). I have my timezone properly set, but there is a 3 hours difference between the two. It wouldn't be a issue if I didn't have my "lush activity" monitored. So when I post in the forum in the late morning(11am) and it's showing on my profile that i was posting in the early morning hours(8am), it's a bit difficult to explain.

Is this something that I can correct myself, or is it a bug that needs to be worked out on Gav's end?

thanks a bunch
Jessica
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Lush is actually a front for a sophisticated time machine. little known fact. every time you post, you travel back in time. it's how i remain youthful; by posting a lot.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I wish that was the case, but i'm not feeling any younger today...
Site administrator
0 likes
This matter has been raised before and whilst I cant find the old thread or remember the technicalities ... no there is nothing you can do about it.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jessica_Jones
I wish that was the case, but i'm not feeling any younger today...

Well there's a surprise....Not gonna say hello?
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Lush is actually a front for a sophisticated time machine. little known fact. every time you post, you travel back in time. it's how i remain youthful; by posting a lot.

In fact young lady, any more posts and not only will you be too young to buy any more alcohol, but we're going to have to confiscate your drivers license. Now to your room, you're grounded!
Matriarch
0 likes
I have an answer back from our esteemed code monkey.

Unfortunately, most forum software available, is based on code written 10 years ago. It doesn't always behave nicely with our site (although for the cost, free, it's excellent).

Factoring in different timezones, the clocks going forwards and backwards at different times of the year etc, and you can see why it is tricky to get it right. 3 hours seems quite a bit out though, all the same.

We're probably going to be moving away from the forum format in the coming year, there are better ways to communicate more effectively.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I have an answer back from our esteemed code monkey.

Unfortunately, most forum software available, is based on code written 10 years ago. It doesn't always behave nicely with our site (although for the cost, free, it's excellent).

Factoring in different timezones, the clocks going forwards and backwards at different times of the year etc, and you can see why it is tricky to get it right. 3 hours seems quite a bit out though, all the same.

We're probably going to be moving away from the forum format in the coming year, there are better ways to communicate more effectively.

Thanks for getting back to me! I know all about free software. It will always be "free" as in a free puppy- lots of work and care. Never "free" as in free beer.

I look forward to seeing what new format is introduced!

Cheers
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz

In fact young lady, any more posts and not only will you be too young to buy any more alcohol, but we're going to have to confiscate your drivers license. Now to your room, you're grounded!

Sounds like fun!
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Not to mention being too young to be on Lush in the first place. So be careful!

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by sprite

But I'm in California. I gain three hours with each post. WTF. No wonder I am getting old so fast.