Login

How do I post an image in the forums?

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Things have changed since I came back. Do you have to be a Gold member to post images in the forum? Isn't there usually a button to click on............
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
you have to have at least 20 forum posts before you can post images. should be easy enough to do - go play in the games section for a bit. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Thank you sprite, I forgot about that. smile
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by autumnlove123
Thank you sprite, I forgot about that. smile

do not make this mistake again, or i will send evil cats to assassinate you.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Matriarch
0 likes
Welcome back!

Firstly, Sprite is correct, one condition is you need to have 20 posts first.

Also, due to escalating server costs, we have restricted image uploading to our general image bucket, in the forums and on profiles (in your recent activity, when you upload an image to a friend's wall and so on), to paying members only I'm afraid.

It was being abused, and a dedicated image server we added only this year, is almost full already. Some people were uploading dozens of mb sized animated gifs per day. Multiply that by 300K members, and you can see how it becomes a problem quickly.

However, this does not affect your 50mb image allowance on your profile's image gallery.

You can therefore upload an image to your image gallery (making it private if you wish, which doesn't show it in your gallery either), then take the link to the image we give you on the image page itself (example below), and use that in the forums instead (using the greyed out mountain and red sun icon).

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Welcome back!

Firstly, Sprite is correct, one condition is you need to have 20 posts first.

Also, due to escalating server costs, we have restricted image uploading to our general image bucket, in the forums and on profiles (in your recent activity, when you upload an image to a friend's wall and so on), to paying members only I'm afraid.

It was being abused, and a dedicated image server we added only this year, is almost full already. Some people were uploading dozens of mb sized animated gifs per day. Multiply that by 300K members, and you can see how it becomes a problem quickly.

However, this does not affect your 50mb image allowance on your profile's image gallery.

You can therefore upload an image to your image gallery (making it private if you wish, which doesn't show it in your gallery either), then take the link to the image we give you on the image page itself (example below), and use that in the forums instead (using the greyed out mountain and red sun icon).

i thought i implied all that in my answer.

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i thought i implied all that in my answer.

Sometimes what isn't said, is as important, as what is.