Do you think less of a woman who has had a hysterectomy

last reply
60 replies
5.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Do you think less of a woman who has had a hysterectomy?

Do you think this way, because i feel that since mine, im no longer that sexy woman anymore...

What do you guys really think
Yes im the small bitchy chick in the corner, set me off and man do you know about it !!!
Lurker
0 likes
I might not be a guy, but I think a woman with a complete hysterectomy is a happier woman by far....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My late wife had a complete hysterectomy due to a medical condition in '94 i never thought any different .our family was complete 3 kids
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think that would be very shallow if you thought less of her and might be more of a comment about you, love the person for who they are end of
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mistrial, I could not have said it better!
Classified
0 likes
Quote by DeeNZ

Do you think this way, because i feel that since mine, im no longer that sexy woman anymore...

Certainly not.

Individuals of both sexes have attributes that are physical and mental to give them identity.
That aspect of your physicality is only one reference of your sexuality and self.
As commented above, your health and well being is most important.
Enjoy yourself for who and what you are right now.
Let others recognize and respect that.
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DeeNZ

I TOTALLY understand how you feel.

I had a full hysterectomy after suffering years with Endometriosis. Although I feel less of a women my much improved lifestyle is more important.

Message me if you need to talk.

Deb. X
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't even think this is a little bit important...

Why would a man care unless he specifically wanted that woman to have his children?

It's a non-issue for me and most of my friends....
Great minds think alike but dirty minds work together.... ;)
Senior Analyst
0 likes
No, what crap it would be to feel that way. My wife had a radical mastectomy eight years ago, and although she feels herself to be less sexually appealing than before, I still think she is 100% the woman she was. (She has had a hip replacement, too, so she has some very serious scars; I don't care.)

I myself had a radical prostatectomy in 1994 and have been totally impotent and somewhat incontinent ever since. In my case, it's not that I fear that I'm sexually unappealing, I am absolutely unappealing, at least as far as my genitals are concerned. I live with it, flirting like crazy and acting on nothing. I have my fun.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
i saw the title of this thread and came on fully prepared to tell the op not to talk crap, lol. good thing i read the question properly.

people lose bits of their bodies all the time. operations, accidents, amputations, illness. people add bits on all the time too. boobs, hair, penis extensions... our bodies don't make us who we are. yeah, they can attract and entice and make us feel good (or feel bad), but no-one is any less of a person because of the outside. it's what we do and how we act that defines us. who you are is safely whole inside. you may not feel it at the moment, but trust me, those that love you and know you will not think you're anything less.

hope you feel better soon xx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DeeNZ

FLAME ON> Absolutely NOT!

FLAME OFF> And I am sure that there are many, many people out there who will find you attractive and sexy.

I know of a number of women who have had a hysterectomy and my view of them as sexy or otherwise hasn't changed at all as result of their surgery.

Why don't you carry out an inventory of the characteristics you have, both regarding your personality and matters physical? I suspect you'll find that you still have an awful lot going for you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It would have absolutely NO effect on how I felt about my wife AT ALL! I'd be glad she was healthy and still with me! All of the other side effects can be worked through.

That being said, if you're not married and your question is regarding "men" in general that you might date having a problem with it.... well, we all know that men are by nature shallow, self absorbed, selfish, superficial jerks - or so I'm told - and if one does have a problem with it after getting to know you, he's probably the WRONG one.

Just my .02
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Of course not. And anyone who does is not worthy of your time.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Of course not.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by DeeNZ

It doesn't matter at all.

I do know how you feel though. When I was 23, I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. I lost my left testical and my ability to have children. I felt immasculated and it messed up the way I thought about myself and the way I related to woman for years afterward. I totally get how you must be feeling. So, with twenty eight years of experience dealing with this, just let me tell you that no one worth being with you or who cares about you will even be thinking about it. The hardest part is trying to forget no just being you again.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Darling why on earth would you possibly feel you can no longer be a sexy woman? You still have the ability to be alluring and erotic. It is your mind that seduces any man and teasing hints of your still sexy body that lures us into your loving web. Hell yes, you can still be sexy!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DeeNZ

It's the same as having your TONSILS out... (It's a NECESSARY procedure in certain circumstance that, IF IT WERE MY LADY, would keep her safer so I could love her longer...)

Worry NOT, girl... Nobody who loves you cares... Once you are HEALTHY and HAPPY...

Doesn't change A THING!!!

xx SF
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I'm not a guy but you are beautiful inside and out.

It shouldn't matter either way.

If you want a family there is always adoption or surrogates.

Stay strong you are beautiful and lovely.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo

Chuckanator
0 likes
Of course I wouldn't. If some one did they are a jerk. Hormone therapy can help with your feelings. I've known many women that have suffered this. You are not alone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No way.
That is her choice and it may have nothing to do with child bearing - would you think anything less of a guy who has a vasectomy/
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy
No way.
That is her choice and it may have nothing to do with child bearing - would you think anything less of a guy who has a vasectomy/

Yes Meggsy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As everyone else has so clearly stated...it is clearly a non issue. The woman in my life cant have children anymore. It wasn't a full hysterectomy but she no longer menstruates. Her view on the subject is...and i quote,"Now we can have sex all month"...to her its a kind of freedom. Free from cramps, mood swings, and the question of will she get pregnant. Embrace who you are...celebrate life...and live in the moment.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nope, that would never make me think less of you!
Lurker
0 likes
I had to have one, so no
Lurker
0 likes
Absolutely not.
Lurker
0 likes
Of course. And any guy who says yes is a complete knob-end!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
thanks guys for your messages, my emotions are all over the show..... some good advice, and some encouragement... yes im married have been for 6 years but together for 17 years... just suffered soo long and for it now to be over... the healing has began, i guess alot of emotional healing to be done also...

thanks guys and gurls for your support as ive rather lacked that part smile
Yes im the small bitchy chick in the corner, set me off and man do you know about it !!!
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by DeeNZ
thanks guys for your messages, my emotions are all over the show..... some good advice, and some encouragement... yes im married have been for 6 years but together for 17 years... just suffered soo long and for it now to be over... the healing has began, i guess alot of emotional healing to be done also...

thanks guys and gurls for your support as ive rather lacked that part smile

Totally understand that you must be feeling all over the place Dee. Any major operation has emotional as well as physical consequences to recover from, and no surprise that losing one's reproductive organs makes you question your femininity, when you are feeling at a physical and emotional low.

However, it sounds like you have suffered more than enough with your condition before the op and can look forward to a happier, healthier life from now on. Hope you're feeling much better soon as you start to recover. And you are all woman always, and free to feel as sexy and fulfilled as you can be in future xx
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I cannot top anything already said, but I agree with everyone else, you should not worry about it as you are just as much of a woman smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DeeNZ

What do you guys really think [/quote

You have every right to feel the way you do, however, In my opinion, you're wrong. It's a life changing moment and you are still sexy.