Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Ever felt you're going to be forever alone?

last reply
56 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Like you're done with hoping for "the one" or you're tired with the dating game and all that.

Have you ever felt you're going to be forever alone ? How come ?
"Some say love
It is a razor
That leads your soul to bleed."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes of course. But the need for the o/Other is everlasting and recurrent. So I must go on. That's my take on your question MissMovingOn.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Tucker
Yes of course. But the need for the o/Other is everlasting and recurrent. So I must go on. That's my take on your question MissMovingOn.

The need for others isnt something urgent... we need to learn to live in peace within ourselves, to have loneliness as our friend... Like this you will always go on without feeling lonesome
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by GoldenAngel

The need for others isnt something urgent... we need to learn to live in peace within ourselves, to have loneliness as our friend... Like this you will always go on without feeling lonesome

I disagree. Man is a social animal. The worst punishment a human being can receive is solitary confinement.
All belief-systems are built around our having a great Other [monotheism] or Others [polytheism].
In short, we are other-directed by nature.
Please forgive my thinking the way I do. When I love someone it is to the core. When I am away from them for some reason, I feel like a wasteland grows within me. Thus I return to the world, never totally alone as I have the memories of my parents in their imprints upon me, but always in need of a caring other. The need humbles me.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Tucker

I disagree. Man is a social animal. The worst punishment a human being can receive is solitary confinement.
All belief-systems are built around our having a great Other [monotheism] or Others [polytheism].

One day I read this, and I Believe it
Learn to love solitude, to be more alone with yourselves. The tragedy of today’s young people is that they try to unite on the basis of carrying out noisy and aggressive actions so as not to feel lonely, and this is a sad thing. The individual must learn from childhood to be on his own, for this doesn’t mean to be lonely: it means to not get bored with oneself, because a person who finds himself bored when he is alone, it seems to me, is a person in danger. —Andrei Tarkovsky
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MissMovingOn
Like you're done with hoping for "the one" or you're tired with the dating game and all that.

Have you ever felt you're going to be forever alone ? How come ?

We’re all seeking that special person who is right for us. But if you’ve been through enough relationships, you begin to suspect there’s no right person, just different flavors of wrong. Why is this? Because you yourself are wrong in some way, and you seek out partners who are wrong in some complementary way. But it takes a lot of living to grow fully into your own wrongness. And it isn’t until you finally run up against your deepest demons, your unsolvable problems—the ones that make you truly who you are—that we’re ready to find a lifelong mate. Only then do you finally know what you’re looking for. You’re looking for the wrong person. But not just any wrong person: it's got to be the right wrong person—someone you lovingly gaze upon and think, “This is the problem I want to have.”

That's my word for you...
Lurker
0 likes
Yes and it's a feeling of relief.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by Maryana
Yes and it's a feeling of relief.

I would agree entirely.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I have just the opposite reaction. I'm NEVER alone, and sometimes I crave solitude! I'm a very outgoing person, but I also have an introspective side, which is why I practice meditation as often as I can. But I relish every moment when I can be alone because I so seldom get them.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't mind being alone but I miss physical stuff and all that goes with it.

I feel like I've been alone forever but it's not true because I was with my real life ex for a long time.

I'm happy in my own skin and am used to doing things on my own, it doesn't bother me, I quite like it.

I want to meet men in real life more than online. Online, I still feel unfulfilled. I love, but they aren't close to me.

I can't touch them. I can feel them in my heart but there is still a longing that can't be fulfilled.

That makes me sad in that regard.

Bittersweet.

simply bittersweet, my poem
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by GoldenAngel

One day I read this, and I Believe it
Learn to love solitude, to be more alone with yourselves. The tragedy of today’s young people is that they try to unite on the basis of carrying out noisy and aggressive actions so as not to feel lonely, and this is a sad thing. The individual must learn from childhood to be on his own, for this doesn’t mean to be lonely: it means to not get bored with oneself, because a person who finds himself bored when he is alone, it seems to me, is a person in danger. —Andrei Tarkovsky

"Just remember, in the Winter, far beneath the bitter snow. Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the Spring, becomes the Rose."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BDSMBarbieDoll
I don't mind being alone but I miss physical stuff and all that goes with it.

I feel like I've been alone forever but it's not true because I was with my real life ex for a long time.

I'm happy in my own skin and am used to doing things on my own, it doesn't bother me, I quite like it.

I want to meet men in real life more than online. Online, I still feel unfulfilled. I love, but they aren't close to me.

I can't touch them. I can feel them in my heart but there is still a longing that can't be fulfilled.

That makes me sad in that regard.

Bittersweet.

simply bittersweet, my poem

Yes, life is bitter sweet. But one must learn to love the way the bitterness enhances our ability to appreciate the sweetness.
This longing you speak of, is the reason for the Portuguese "Saudade"* in their Fate song tradition. *Life is a longing, a yearning.

May I suggest "The Sapphic Tales" of our members Melissa999 and Bethany Fraiser.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Lucky_lilDragonfly
I love being in love! I will never like being alone on here or in real life.

Me too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Tucker

Me too.

You have a msg you need to read.y45rDSlWrmIqHk2x
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Tucker

Yes, life is bitter sweet. But one must learn to love the way the bitterness enhances our ability to appreciate the sweetness.
This longing you speak of, is the reason for the Portuguese "Saudade"* in their Fate song tradition. *Life is a longing, a yearning.

May I suggest "The Sapphic Tales" of our members Melissa999 and Bethany Fraiser.

Thanks
Lurker
0 likes
the old cliche of being in a room full of people and feeling lonely.

but I will say this, loneliness, I have learned is a thought, or learned emotion.

I get like that at times, and I suspect that is why many here in lush are here...

I do not mind been alone rather than be with the wrong person next to me...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I truly believe there's someone out there for everyone, and you meet that person when you least expect it. From the time I started dating, I always had a boyfriend, but there was a period of about 9 months when I was single where I did not date, and really loved that kind of freedom. The best advice I can give anyone is, enjoy being comfortable with yourself, get to know yourself, don't settle for anyone, even if it means you will be alone, surround yourself with great friends and family, do the things YOU want to do, and enjoy whatever life you are living.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I have been single for three years, five if you don't count the short six months I was with my ex a few years ago. I truly hate being single. I've done the online dating and it always ends with heart break and tears. I'm tired of all that noise. I want something true, but I don't believe I'm going to find someone to be with. I honestly think I'm going to be single forever.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
I have been single for three years, five if you don't count the short six months I was with my ex a few years ago. I truly hate being single. I've done the online dating and it always ends with heart break and tears. I'm tired of all that noise. I want something true, but I don't believe I'm going to find someone to be with. I honestly think I'm going to be single forever.

aw, maybe try meeting someone at a coffee shop or the grocery store or a try a singles event in your area? hugs xxx

Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Interesting question, MissMovingOn!

First of all, people who have only been "alone" for a few months don't really understand those who have been alone for years (plural - more than a year).

Sometimes, being alone is a choice, other times it's not.

When one is under the age of 40 .... the opportunity for a significant other to come along is much greater than those over the age of 40.

Are there soulmates ... or a soulmate for every person? Personally, I don't believe that. It would be a nice thing, but most people don't wait for that soul mate to arrive and instead settle for something/someone that they think could be.

I remember a divorced woman telling me .... "personally I think it's better to be alone and happy than married (or with someone) and miserable."

I prefer to be alone and happy than married and miserable.

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, and after more than a decade of it, I have fairly convincing evidence! Originally it was by choice, now it's more a case of ... "Really? The dating scene? Too much like hard work. No thanks!" and I don't even bother. Yes, it would be nice to have a partner, someone to share life with, but am happy not having the responsibility that goes along with that. I'm not desperate, and am not interested in someone who is, so I guess I'm fairly resigned to the fact that that's where I'm at.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by Tucker

Please forgive my thinking the way I do. When I love someone it is to the core. When I am away from them for some reason, I feel like a wasteland grows within me. Thus I return to the world, never totally alone as I have the memories of my parents in their imprints upon me, but always in need of a caring other. The need humbles me.

Tuck, Never ask forgiveness for the way you think or your opinions. They are yours and you made them. If it is what you believe, Don't be ashamed of them.
0 likes
Yes, I have. When I was in 8 month relationship to my ex I thought we would be together for long ass while. Now, I'm not sure because I'm absolutely afraid of getting my hopes and heart broken again. I'm single for a little over a year now. It's getting to me. I'm not usually open about this topic either.
0 likes
I think I will be.
Click below to see

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

First of all, people who have only been "alone" for a few months don't really understand those who have been alone for years (plural - more than a year).

When one is under the age of 40 .... the opportunity for a significant other to come along is much greater than those over the age of 40.

Are there soulmates ... or a soulmate for every person? Personally, I don't believe that. It would be a nice thing, but most people don't wait for that soul mate to arrive and instead settle for something/someone that they think could be.

I remember a divorced woman telling me .... "personally I think it's better to be alone and happy than married (or with someone) and miserable."

Van

I'm with you Van. I'm soon to be 54 and have lived alone for too many years to count. I'm happy being alone and don't think I'd like to have company as I'm used to doing things my way and when I want to do them.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

Van

Good! smile
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
not at all. i'm a firm believer in timing. like attracts like, you put out vibes of love and goodwill and it's sure to follow.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm married right now and lonely as hell, hoping that someone will cross my path and wisk me away...