Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

So, I have a brain cyst. I am scared, but not defeated. I have untied the Krogan and Turians. Curing

last reply
7 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have also gone face to face with the Joker and Megatron.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
And I was coming to be supportive and to share survival stories.

Nevermind, I guess.taiiNBKhqZvnpO4C
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz
What?
found out I have a brain cyst.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I always have to Google your pop culture references smile.

I am very sorry, I know it must be very frightening and overwhelming situation (I have a little bit of experience with brain diseases) and I am bouncing kind and healing thoughts off the night sky to you. Godspeed.

And you STILL have the coolest first name in the whole world.
0 likes
"Brain cyst" doesn't really convey much information...maybe that was the point of the post? If not, useful information would be things like location, size (mm), depth, proximity to major vessels...that sort of thing. I've lived with a golf-ball sized cavernous haemangioma in my deep left parietal lobe for, oh, a solid fifteen years now. It's not exactly benign--in theory, it could cause seizures--but it's not malignant. You could describe it as a cyst, since it's basically a hollow thing filled with blood, but it has a proper name. And after all the testing I underwent when I was first diagnosed with it, it has a name name too--I call it Fred.

Being in the deep left parietal lobe, very close to language centres, I can't have it removed without the very real risk of waking up with aphasia or dysphasia or some combination or permutation of the two; for instance, I could well wake up with no cavernous haemangioma but also without the ability to speak, read or write in English anymore, or worse, with the ability to read and write in one language (say, French) but the ability to speak in only one language (say, English) without being able to read or write in that language.

So, yah, take a deep breath, find a good neurosurgeon, and find another good neurosurgeon for a second opinion. Then proceed from there.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You must be terrified.

I echo all of what Jennifer (HeraTeleia) says about gathering more information. I recommend you talk to doctors rather than look on web sites for medical information.
Best Friend Exchange Club: Here
Artist stories start at Artist -- Chapter 1
Starbucks Reverie at Starbucks Reverie

Teacher at Teacher

And please read my competition entry:There's Always Time. A sweet love story set in a time traveling universe.
Lurker
0 likes
Turns Out this one only accepts PM'S from friends...

So I'll GO PUBLIC!!!

What an ODD reason to CONTACT somebody... BUT...

I am a Bi-Polar manic depressive, (the technical term is CYCLOTHYMIC...) It's a BITCH, but I live with the ups and (terrible!) downs, having no other experience. When it's GOOD, I find I can do things others simply can't do, when it's BAD I find myself often terrified, but I know the condition well enough now to ride it out...

About a year and a half ago, I was asked to partake in a STUDY of Bi-Polar people at St Patrick's Mental Hospital in Ireland. The purpose of the study was to ascertain if there might be a PHYSICAL reason, (ie a brain abnormality) to explain the condition. (Turns out so far there isn't!!!)

However... During the course of my being a Guinea Pig, (???) it was suggested that my problem might be Parkinson's Disease, (since I occasionally suffer from shaking and various associated symptoms) and/or other things... (Turns out I don't have that either!!!)

After several brain scans, MRI explorations etc, my team of research doctors/surgeons, (the best in my country) discovered a HAZELNUT sized cyst in the left-frontal lobe of my brain... (*FUCK!!!*)

But it turns out that it's perfectly benign, although they cannot explain why it's there!!!

It doesn't effect my condition, (so far as they can tell...) it isn't life-threatening and there is no reason to remove it because that could be dangerous...

My point is that there is no reason to panic when confronted by such an odd discovery. A cyst IS NOT CANCER, just an abnormality that is in most cases perfectly harmless. There is NO EVIDENCE to suggest that such an abnormality is connected to ANY KIND of traumatic occurrence such as Stroke or (I can't remember the term...) THE THING WHERE A VESSEL BURSTS IN YOUR HEAD AND YOU DIE!!! (Aneurism???)

So don't panic QUITE yet!!!

(I'd request you DO NOT share this message around site, (Jesus, I have enough problems here!!!) but I write simply to say that in almost all cases there is no need to worry about such a diagnoses/discovery. It's UNUSUAL, but most often PERFECTLY harmless.

Best of luck.

(I'm STEPHEN, BTW!!!)

xx SF

So Much For Fuckin' Privacy!!!

xx SF