USA 5 Japan 2

Champions of the World!

Thanks Vancouver for hosting the final.

I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Congrats to the ladies!
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes

A serious can of whoop-ass was opened in Canada and delivered to Japan!

Lurker
0 likes
Congratulations to the USA women on their World Cup win. I watched a fair bit of the tournament and was gutted when England were knocked out in the semis by Japan with a last minute own goal. I actually cried.

I would have loved to have seen a USA/England final. USA were worthy winners - they have a team of great players and personalities. I must confess that I have Hope Solo as my desktop wallpaper on my laptop at the moment.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
congrats to japan they did not mail in in getting behind early and congrates to England the best woman's team in Europe and least not the USA proved to be worthy champions
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
America, F yeah
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by flossy
Congratulations to the USA women on their World Cup win. I watched a fair bit of the tournament and was gutted when England were knocked out in the semis by Japan with a last minute own goal. I actually cried.

I would have loved to have seen a USA/England final. USA were worthy winners - they have a team of great players and personalities. I must confess that I have Hope Solo as my desktop wallpaper on my laptop at the moment.

I agree... a USA/England final would have been a great match and in the end... the score would have been much closer.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

I agree... a USA/England final would have been a great match and in the end... the score would have been much closer.

The score could have easily been 3-0 USA or more against England. You may say England got unlucky with an own goal against Japan but it wouldn't have mattered if they had been winning that game in the first place. USA dominated Japan for most of the game and England never even had a lead against Japan. They only tied it because they were gifted a penalty.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
The score could have easily been 3-0 USA or more against England. You may say England got unlucky with an own goal against Japan but it wouldn't have mattered if they had been winning that game in the first place. USA dominated Japan for most of the game and England never even had a lead against Japan. They only tied it because they were gifted a penalty.

Japan benefited from an unlucky break for England. I said what I did based on how England did keep the scores tight in their other matches. Either way the best team won. Team USA did what they intended to do... WIN!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

Japan benefited from an unlucky break for England. I said what I did based on how England did keep the scores tight in their other matches. Either way the best team won. Team USA did what they intended to do... WIN!

Japan benefitted from England being completely impotent in front of goal. Plus that own goal wouldn't have happened if the ball was on the other side of the field. England couldn't score against Japan, they were never going to score on the superior American defense. Saying England would have been more of a challenge or kept the score closer is silly.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Japan benefitted from England being completely impotent in front of goal. Plus that own goal wouldn't have happened if the ball was on the other side of the field. England couldn't score against Japan, they were never going to score on the superior American defense. Saying England would have been more of a challenge or kept the score closer is silly.

Must you always argue... or is it just me you chose to fight with. I'm stoked the US Women's team won. To be honest... I was surprised Germany didn't do better compared to how they did against other teams.

Let's agree to disagree. I'm not in the mood to fight with you or anyone else. It's a moot point. The best team won... and really... that's all that matters.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Japan were also very fortunate to be awarded a penalty. Neither penalty should have been given, so both sides were equally lucky in that respect.

I watched the England/Japan semi-final with avid interest and I can assure that England were by far the better side, so it is a fair assumption to say that England would have been a tougher opposition in the final. England had far more of the possession and came closest to scoring on many occasions. They had the more talented side and were brimming with confidence and team unity. Unfortunately, football is a funny game, and on many occasion the best team loses.

Football is the most unpredictable game on the planet, which is why it has cemented its place as the world's dominate sport. In England's domestic cup competitions, we often see inferior sides, whose players earn on average a few thousand pound per week, beating top-flight teams, whose players earn hundreds of thousands per week. Last season's giant-killings occurred on the same day - 24/01/2015 - in the 4th round of the FA Cup.

Those scores were: Chelsea 2 - 4 Bradford City and Man City 0 - 2 Middlesbrough.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

Must you always argue... or is it just me you chose to fight with.

I don't recall ever arguing with you, ever. I don't even remember anything you ever posted that resonated with me in a meaningful manner - negatively or positively. You must have me on your brain more than what is healthy to be thinking something like that.

I didn't like your dismissive comment about the Japan team. A team I think did better than what England would have done. It's my opinion and I can post it if I want. Wether you like it or not.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by TMolotov
Alex Morgan is my homegirl, but Lloyd can join if she likes now. smile

btw, she's from my wife's alma matter, Cal Berkeley. She's also hot. as for England doing better than Japan, it's really all conjuncture, since they didn't play - Japan did. The US was just too good to be stopped by anyone, imo. They played their best in that game and no matter who they were up against, i think they would have won just as easily.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by flossy

Japan were also very fortunate to be awarded a penalty. Neither penalty should have been given, so both sides were equally lucky in that respect.

I watched the England/Japan semi-final with avid interest and I can assure that England were by far the better side, so it is a fair assumption to say that England would have been a tougher opposition in the final. England had far more of the possession and came closest to scoring on many occasions. They had the more talented side and were brimming with confidence and team unity. Unfortunately, football is a funny game, and on many occasion the best team loses.

Football is the most unpredictable game on the planet, which is why it has cemented its place as the world's dominate sport. In England's domestic cup competitions, we often see inferior sides, whose players earn on average a few thousand pound per week, beating top-flight teams, whose players earn hundreds of thousands per week. Last season's giant-killings occurred on the same day - 24/01/2015 - in the 4th round of the FA Cup.

Those scores were: Chelsea 2 - 4 Bradford City and Man City 0 - 2 Middlesbrough.

I've played and watched football/soccer since I was a small child. I know what the nature of the game is. And no... I'm not trying to be snarky or argue. Just saying I know the sport. I don't even follow any other sports really.

You're from the UK, there is this phenomenon that happens when you're watching your home country in big games... It's when you think you only lost because you got unlucky. The truth is England couldn't score on the much weaker defense. The penalty awarded to Japan was not a true penalty but it was more of a penalty than that dive that was awarded to even it out the injustice and that's fine. Own goals don't happen because the team passes to itself, jukes itself then shoots. They happen because of pressure. In that moment England got confused, cracked, fucked up.. Whatever you want to call it because the ball was in a dangerous part of the field late in the game where England had no business allowing it to be. Sure Japan got sucker punched early on in the final but they still scored two legit goals. No way would England have even scored one. Especially after going down.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I've played and watched football/soccer since I was a small child. I know what the nature of the game is. And no... I'm not trying to be snarky or argue. Just saying I know the sport. I don't even follow any other sports really.

You're from the UK, there is this phenomenon that happens when you're watching your home country in big games... It's when you think you only lost because you got unlucky. The truth is England couldn't score on the much weaker defense. The penalty awarded to Japan was not a true penalty but it was more of a penalty than that dive that was awarded to even it out the injustice and that's fine. Own goals don't happen because the team passes to itself, jukes itself then shoots. They happen because of pressure. In that moment England got confused, cracked, fucked up.. Whatever you want to call it because the ball was in a dangerous part of the field late in the game where England had no business allowing it to be. Sure Japan got sucker punched early on in the final but they still scored two legit goals. No way would England have even scored one. Especially after going down.

This is a fruitless debate in all honesty. It's going to become circular, so I'll leave it there.

Regardless of everything else, yes, the best team won the competition. Team USA is a well-drilled unit, full of talent, who blew the competition away. But that does beg the question: when are the US men going to step up to the plate and emulate the women's success on the world stage?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by flossy

This is a fruitless debate in all honesty. It's going to become circular, so I'll leave it there.

Regardless of everything else, yes, the best team won the competition. Team USA is a well-drilled unit, full of talent, who blew the competition away. But that does beg the question: when are the US men going to step up to the plate and emulate the women's success on the world stage?

It is, I agree. I wouldn't have even mentioned it if it wasn't brought up.

And to answer your question - never - because they suck ass.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by flossy
But that does beg the question: when are the US men going to step up to the plate and emulate the women's success on the world stage?

In the USA, male athletes flock to American football, basketball, baseball and in the northern states, hockey. All those sports are much more popular than soccer in the US with men and those sports are what most American males put all of their efforts into. So I doubt the USA will have a serious contender for the men's World Cup anytime in my lifetime and I'm 29. It's not a knock on soccer, it's just how it is here.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Buz

In the USA, male athletes flock to American football, basketball, baseball and in the northern states, hockey. All those sports are much more popular than soccer in the US with men and those sports are what most American males put all of their efforts into. So I doubt the USA will have a serious contender for the men's World Cup anytime in my lifetime and I'm 29. It's not a knock on soccer, it's just how it is here.

I think what happens is this. The majority of Americans play soccer as kids for the same reason everyone else in the world does - it's cheap. When kids get older, I think they start to think, soccer is fucking hard to play, it's so tiring, it's frustrating, there is no timeouts and no sweet pads n shit. Most Americans just can't play soccer at the pace and skill level that is required to compete professionally. Maybe if there were a million time outs and a rule book as thick as the bible, then maybe they can find a way to win, like gridiron football. There also seems to be an anti-soccer attitude with many people. Instead of just ignoring it, much like people do with hockey (I mean come on, most americans don't give a shit) or cricket or rugby they actively hate it. They think it's un-American. There are many many Americans who are xenophobic. It's the same ones who started calling french fries freedom fries. It's retarded.

The American women though... There is no pro baseball, hockey or football league (that I know of) So soccer is still a great option for athletic American girls.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
I don't recall ever arguing with you, ever. I don't even remember anything you ever posted that resonated with me in a meaningful manner - negatively or positively. You must have me on your brain more than what is healthy to be thinking something like that.

I didn't like your dismissive comment about the Japan team. A team I think did better than what England would have done. It's my opinion and I can post it if I want. Wether you like it or not.

Please... don't flatter yourself.

I felt you were arguing with me and I stated that. You didn't like my "dismissive comment about the Japan team." Fine. But it seems you're allowed to have your opinion and I'm not. I voiced my opinion and you, in essence, went on the attack. I asked that we agree to disagree and you still insist on arguing. It seems you feel the need to be the one to get the final word in this situation.

At least my stepping away gave you a chance to argue with others so I can see now it's not just me.

If you want people to respect your opinion... then please do the same and respect theirs. You get to say England wouldn't have done as well. I disagree, but I still respect your opinion. Perhaps you are right. However, you did not give me the same courtesy... at least... that's how it felt and how it came across.

So, one last time... let's agree to disagree. It's not asking much really.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Buz

I saw this on Facebook and though I do agree with you on how most American male athletes flock to American football or hockey... this difference in how much money each team gets shows it's still a male dominated sport... even in the US. And the men's team didn't even win.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/u-s-womens-soccer-team-gets-2-million-world-cup-win-germany-got-35-million-2014/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=pbsofficial&utm_campaign=newshour
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

Please... don't flatter yourself.

I'm not flattering myself. You insinuated that I was choosing to argue because it was you. I'm serious when I say I never recall you saying anything that registered with me much less anything that I would argue about with you.

I wasn't even arguing with you anyway. When you post on a message board, people quote what you say and usually post something that may contradict what you said. It's the nature of conversation. Does every conversation with you and the people you know consist of someone saying something and everyone agreeing and then sitting there quietly? How lame and weird.

How it felt to you is not my problem or fault. Obviously, you have some weird fixation on me if you're adding meaning and some made up world where I choose to argue with you simply because it is you. I have never even talked to you before.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
I'm not flattering myself. You implied that I was choosing to argue because it was you. I'm serious when I say I never recall you saying anything that registered with me much less anything that I would argue about with you.

I wasn't even arguing with you anyway. When you post on a message board, people quote what you say and usually post something that may contradict what you said. It's the nature of conversation. Does every conversation with you and the people you know consist of someone saying something and everyone agreeing and then sitting there quietly? How lame and weird.

How it felt to you is not my problem or fault. Obviously, you have some weird fixation on me if you're adding meaning and some made up world where I choose to argue with you simply because it is you. I have never even talked to you before.

All I asked was we agreed to disagree. If you had read all that I had written and not just the first line... you would have seen that. In fact... I asked this of you twice! I assure you... I have no "weird fixation" on you whatsoever. You gave your opinion. I gave mine. We did not agree. Instead of just agreeing to disagree... you continued to go on a tangent

Ya know... I asked if you would be willing to agree to disagree with me. I also asked that you respect my opinion. The part you didn't include in my quote did say I do respect yours.

I stated how your words made me feel to show you that I did read what you said. Yet... when you don't like something I say, you seem to have a rant. You like to argue. I'm sure it's something you do rather well. If you were one of my students, I'll suggest a career in law or arbitration. Use that gift of arguing to help others.

One last time... I am willing to agree to disagree with you. Will you please accept this?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

All I asked was we agreed to disagree. If you had read all that I had written and not just the first line... you would have seen that. In fact... I asked this of you twice! I assure you... I have no "weird fixation" on you whatsoever. You gave your opinion. I gave mine. We did not agree. Instead of just agreeing to disagree... you continued to go on a tangent

Ya know... I asked if you would be willing to agree to disagree with me. I also asked that you respect my opinion. The part you didn't include in my quote did say I do respect yours.

I stated how your words made me feel to show you that I did read what you said. Yet... when you don't like something I say, you seem to have a rant. You like to argue. I'm sure it's something you do rather well. If you were one of my students, I'll suggest a career in law or arbitration. Use that gift of arguing to help others.

One last time... I am willing to agree to disagree with you. Will you please accept this?

You can't say something ridiculous then act like a martyr when I respond to your ridiculous insinuation.

Also, just because I quote your bullshit first line and not everything else that followed doesn't mean I didn't read it. You're a teacher? And you're making assumptions like that?

As for the rest of your post...

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
You can't say something ridiculous then act like a martyr when I respond to your ridiculous insinuation.

So... I'll take it you don't wish to agree to disagree. Fine.

As for my being a teacher... what does that have to do with anything? I was trying to pay you a complement, but you just had to be the way you are. I'm not acting like a martyr. But that is your opinion.

As for the rest of your post... and all the ones before... we will never agree. You can't seem to accept this. Too bad for you. No, I don't think you read all that I said... but that's my opinion. Since you are entitled to yours... and I am entitled to mine... you need to get over yourself.

Maybe people will respect your opinion more if you learn to respect theirs.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

I agree and England/USA final would have been awsome..that own goal against Japan sucked for us big time..not that i saw it as it was on late i was asleep but i saw in the morning and face palmed sad
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

As for my being a teacher... what does that have to do with anything? I was trying to pay you a complement

I don't know, you brought it up... And it was a backhanded compliment and you know it.

Quote by NymphWriter

you need to get over yourself.

No, you need to get over your fixation with me. I can tell from this exchange that you have been doing a lot of thinking about me. I have never even talked to you before but you seem to have a pretty strong opinion of who you think I am.

And with that I say, good day sir. And I leave you with a gif of one of my favorite soccer player's pre-game handshake with a teammate.