Login

Are you vocal about it?

last reply
8 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sometimes, most married men whom I've spoke with.. they say this.. that their wife focused their attention to their kids and sometimes tend to forgot that their husband need to feel them not only because of sex. To be touch, to feel they are wanted.. To know they still have that man appeal...

We women are somehow vocal about it but mostly I barely encountered a man who would admit if it's only a want or a need for them to be touched every now and then? Is it true? Why not be vocal about it?
I could show you INCREDIBLE things...
Lurker
0 likes
Well I have not been married, but I have been in a situation in which I felt like my girlfriend didn't make me feel wanted, rather she made me feel like I was just expected to be there and she wasn't required to make me feel appreciated. While this is usually fine for a short period of time, over an extended period of time it can lead to the guy being to feel worse about himself or the person he's with. I think the most common result is cheating. If a guy feels like he isn't valued and someone comes along who treats him like he's hot shit then he'll probably embrace the new feeling.

As for why guys don't talk about their need to feel loved or how they might need a bit more attention, think about what the traits are which most women find appealing in men. Confidence being the biggest, a self-assured demeanor is almost universally recognized as a positive trait for men. So a guy probably doesn't want to come across as excessively needy by asking for attention. To many guys eyes that's not only a pathetic thing to do, but also a useless one. For most me, if you need to ask your significant other to make you feel more wanted, then it's already obvious she doesn't appreciate you and you're only showing how weak you are by asking for something which you already deserve.

Again, that's just from the guy's perspective. Is it always correct? No. But there is a lot of pressure on men to behave in certain ways to remain appealing, and to their mind asking for attention is not an attractive action.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mareoculus
Well I have not been married, but I have been in a situation in which I felt like my girlfriend didn't make me feel wanted, rather she made me feel like I was just expected to be there and she wasn't required to make me feel appreciated. While this is usually fine for a short period of time, over an extended period of time it can lead to the guy being to feel worse about himself or the person he's with. I think the most common result is cheating. If a guy feels like he isn't valued and someone comes along who treats him like he's hot shit then he'll probably embrace the new feeling.

Sounds like a woman who has a strong personality and quite independent. Chances the compatibility is less when it comes to communication and expressing their feelings. Some women prefer men who are physically and mentally strong... which makes us think he can decide for both of us... or knows what he wants and say it... or confident enough to show he can pretty much do anything without us telling what to do. So basically, we are idealistic, it happens. Some women prefers a men who communicates... (I think those women who is emotionally gifted). Basically I think being compatible to who we chose with, that's the main key.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I could write a book about this topic....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
I could write a book about this topic....

Ditto.

Although, humans has different characteristics and behavior. But for us to be able to express what we really want... there's a point that we need to say it. Not everyone can read body language.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mareoculus
As for why guys don't talk about their need to feel loved or how they might need a bit more attention, think about what the traits are which most women find appealing in men. Confidence being the biggest, a self-assured demeanor is almost universally recognized as a positive trait for men. So a guy probably doesn't want to come across as excessively needy by asking for attention. To many guys eyes that's not only a pathetic thing to do, but also a useless one. For most me, if you need to ask your significant other to make you feel more wanted, then it's already obvious she doesn't appreciate you and you're only showing how weak you are by asking for something which you already deserve.

Again, that's just from the guy's perspective. Is it always correct? No. But there is a lot of pressure on men to behave in certain ways to remain appealing, and to their mind asking for attention is not an attractive action.

Sometimes confidence are being misinterpret. Most people would define it base on what they see physically... well the history says it all. I am not saying man should look weak, but in reality.. they forgot how to be compassionate especially to people who cares for them. But my point is, the key is to communicate and how to in this situation so it won't lead to finding other or cheating. It is less complicated when one isn't married. At least you have the absolute choice to leave and find another one that suits your style. But to married people, I am sure it isn't easy. It is more than betrayal.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well having gone through this I can definitely say men need it. I myself expressed it and after a year of both of us working on it our relationship is much better. I do have a theory about it.

I think most men feel it but don't put enough thought into it for them to recognize it. For some reason many men get stuck in a rut of none emotional, somewhat jockishness, for lack of a better word. Hard to explain but I do know that I have deeper, meaningful, discussions with women. They are not afraid to be vulnerable I think.... I, myself, am not afraid to be vulnerable but when around men it seems they see this as weakness??? I am far from weak and stand up to anyone, but am thinking this is relevant here... Or maybe it makes zero sense to anyone....lol
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
The Linebacker
0 likes
I am married and this isn't something that is a problem in our relationship. But loving. touching, showing affection and verbally expressing your love goes way beyond sex. It's something that you have to do all the time. A relationship of love, a partnership that is a marriage requires fuel every day. If someone withholds any of that for any reason then the marriage/relationship will die. It takes both people constantly giving of themselves to the other in many ways. If you're not willing to do that, then your marriage/relationship will die.

If several decades from now, you want to be that old white headed couple strolling slowly through the park, holding hands, obviously with a strong bond of love, then you have to work at it. It doesn't just come to you. It's a huge commitment that gives back a huge pay off.

There is no room for being vindictive, holding grudges, being non-forgiving or aloof in a marriage. Anyone who holds back their affection to their spouse/partner is either stupid or a cruel, shallow fool.