Useful Chart for Writers

last reply
34 replies
2.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I really love this. A thesaurus but in pie chart form. How neat!
Lurker
0 likes
Kewl. Now I wanna fill in the blanks, extend the spokes with more words, mount it on a massive turntable and spin to decide how a story should go! silly
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by shrpsf
Kewl. Now I wanna fill in the blanks, extend the spokes with more words, mount it on a massive turntable and spin to decide how a story should go! silly

Exactly!
Matriarch
0 likes
Is there another word for synonym?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Matriarch
0 likes
Erm, that would be the opposite!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Redundant?
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Copycat?? ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Seven Deadly Synonyms:

Dead, Expired, Deceased, Passed on, extinguished, late, Gone West.

xx SF
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by nicola

antiantonym!

Gonna start an advice column... Aunty Antonym. I'll tell you the opposite of what you want to hear!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola

on sunday mornings, we usually have cinnamon toast. does that help?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by stephanie
Seven Deadly Synonyms:

Dead, Expired, Deceased, Passed on, extinguished, late, Gone West.

xx SF

Fucking brilliant!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

cinnamon

I cackled.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

Fucking brilliant!

The CLEVER ones get it...

xx SF
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

xx SF

Would have been more clever if it was synonyms for the actual sins. A joke for the thinking person. Just sayin' my man.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Would have been more clever if it was synonyms for the actual sins. A joke for the thinking person. Just sayin' my man.

And the very, very clever ones put me in my fucking place!

xx SF
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

xx SF

And I didn't have to put you in your "fucking place" as you said. I thought yours was clever because they were synonyms... and ways to describe being dead. They didn't need to be sins... because they were synonyms.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

And I didn't have to put you in your "fucking place" as you said. I thought yours was clever because they were synonyms... and ways to describe being dead. They didn't need to be sins... because they were synonyms.

I think Steph knows I was joking with him...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

OF COURSE I DID!!!

(I was acknowledging a CLEVERER response by Mr Magical!!!)

But Since You Ask...

Seven Deadly Synonyms?

(Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Envy, Pride, Gluttony.)

Revenge, Avarice, Laziness, Desire, Jealousy, Gratification, Excess.

Now everybody stop giving out to me because I'm really nice. Or I'll self harm. And it will be your fault. In fact, I'm smoking a cigarette right now. I hope for your sake I don't get cancer. How can you people sleep at night?

xx SF

Nicola: "You are ALWAYS smoking a cigarette!!!'

Me: "SHUT UP YOU!"
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

I'm KIND OF half-thrilled because FOR ONCE somebody took me SERIOUSLY on Open Forum and half-appalled because I think I offended my friend!!!

OF COURSE I WAS JOKING!!!

xx Stephen

Nicola: "WHEN you JOKE it's better if you put a " " so people KNOW you are joking."

Me: "Thanks, MOM!"

Nicola: "And when you are making up things I'm supposed to say don't use the cap thing you do because I hate that..."
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Someone's a bit thin skinned. I knew you were joking... fucking Steph knew you were joking. Please get over yourself.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

Someone's a bit thin skinned. I knew you were joking... fucking Steph knew you were joking. Please get over yourself.

Can you stay on topic. This thread is about a chart to inspire writers. It's not about how focused you are on me. Please stop being ugly.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by stephanie
I'm KIND OF half-thrilled because FOR ONCE somebody took me SERIOUSLY on Open Forum and half-appalled because I think I offended my friend!!!

OF COURSE I WAS JOKING!!!

xx Stephen

You really think I didn't know he was joking? Whatever.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Can you stay on topic. This thread is about a chart to inspire writers. It's not about how focused you are on me. Please stop being ugly.

You quoted me first. You're the one obsessed with me sir. If anyone here is being ugly... it's you. You also cannot stay on topic. Please... leave me the fuck alone and learn to punctuate properly.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

Over myself??? OVER MYSELF???????????

Let me tell you whom I'm OVER you hateful little HARRIDAN!!! I'm over YOU! WE ARE OVER!!! You know like "UNDER"? Well, the frikkin' opposite of THAT! Imagine something being over something. (I don't fucking know, like, say, a bicycle over a fish...) Okay, not a great example... Like... LIKE A STAR OVER MT EVEREST. (Better, no?) WELL I'M MORE OVER YOU THAN THAT!!! WE ARE OVER... Here's YOU here... (NW) and here's ME......................................................................... (me) Way OVER here!!!

Over, Over, OVER!!!

xx SF

Obviously later I'll apologize and beg and grovel and you'll give me another chance, yeah?

I can actually GROVEL in a sexy way. (I know, I'm just fucking talented...)

Nicola: "You forgot the " "..."

Me: "NO SERIOUSLY!!! I can GROVEL in a REALLY hot way!!!"

Nicola: " "
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by stephanie
Over myself??? OVER MYSELF???????????

Let me tell you whom I'm OVER you hateful little HARRIDAN!!! I'm over YOU! WE ARE OVER!!! You know like "UNDER"? Well, the frikkin' opposite of THAT! Imagine something being over something. (I don't fucking know, like, say, a bicycle over a fish...) Okay, not a great example... Like... LIKE A STAR OVER MT EVEREST. (Better, no?) WELL I'M MORE OVER YOU THAN THAT!!! WE ARE OVER... Here's YOU here... (NW) and here's ME......................................................................... (me) Way OVER here!!!

Over, Over, OVER!!!

xx SF

Obviously later I'll apologize and beg and grovel and you'll give me another chance, yeah?

I can actually GROVEL in a sexy way. (I know, I'm just fucking talented...)

You do know that was aimed at Magical_felix & not you right?

And I'm not hateful. But you are silly.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

You quoted me first. You're the one obsessed with me sir. If anyone here is being ugly... it's you. You also cannot stay on topic. Please... leave me the fuck alone and learn to punctuate properly.

I purposely didn't put a question mark... That went over your head just like my joking around with Stephanie obviously did. Your thinking process clouded by your disdain for me.