ashley madison

last reply
6 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
what are your thoughts on the Ashley Madison website being hacked ? Do the cheaters deserve to be exposed?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
What a person does in their private lives is their business and nobody elses. If they are cheating and their partner finds out, then they will have to live with the fallout. Nobody, including the hackers, should have the right to be the morality police and go around explosing people for things they disagree with (unless those things are illegal). The hackers did break the law by doing this and as a former victom of hacker related identity theft, these hackers deserve to be exposed and prosecuted.

I also doubt that everone on that site is a cheat. I expect some are just singles looking for a hookup.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
When it comes to exposing strangers, I would agree with Izzabel, it is nobody's business and they should certainly be left alone. It is dangerous territory to start thinking you are above reproach to where you deserve to have the right to enforce your own moral standards. So no, I don't think they should be outed. But if it was a close friend or family of mine that it was happening to, I would feel the need to make it my business to protect them. Although I say that, it is also touchy, because by exposing it was happening to them, I would also be hurting them. So I am not really even sure what I would do in that case after all. Maybe it is best to stay out of it no matter what and just be there for them afterwards - not sure.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by workswithsteel
what are your thoughts on the Ashley Madison website being hacked ? Do the cheaters deserve to be exposed?

I don't care what the website IS - no one should be hacked, bullied, and harassed online by some website-hunting tech nerds.

The worst thing we can ever do in this country is NOT CARE when people can hack into systems and then BLACKMAIL people. I could happen to ANY site - Amazon, Lushstories, Smashwords, any forum, any social media platform.
Chuckanator
0 likes
A sad state of affairs. (Pardon the pun). Should they be caught? I know this... there will be a mad scramble to delete accounts. We live in a society where sin is not the action but being caught. I was taught there is consequences for your actions. There was a show that once said, don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Kinda appropriate here.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
ALOT of people are getting caught looks like ......
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Izzabel
What a person does in their private lives is their business and nobody elses. If they are cheating and their partner finds out, then they will have to live with the fallout. Nobody, including the hackers, should have the right to be the morality police and go around explosing people for things they disagree with (unless those things are illegal). The hackers did break the law by doing this and as a former victom of hacker related identity theft, these hackers deserve to be exposed and prosecuted.

I also doubt that everone on that site is a cheat. I expect some are just singles looking for a hookup.

Well said and I totally agree. People's lives will be ruined. I guess we should put a big red A on all of them.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates