cheating and living with that

last reply
14 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
If you cheat your husband or bf (not only once, a few times with same guy), could you really live with that without saying him?
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Monogamy is important to me when I'm in a relationship.

If I'm at the point where I'm prepared to cheat on a significant other, then it's just time to end the relationship and move on.

Therefore, my conscience would be quite clear.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
totally agree with dani
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
When you're in a non-monogamous relationship, there's no cheating, just honesty about who you're screwing, for safety sake.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'd never be able to keep a secret from him, especially something like that. He knows that the only way that I'd screw someone other than him is if he was part of it.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I've got to like the person I'm looking at while I brush my teeth. If fidelity is part of the relationship (and it is if I'm involved), I would not like myself at all. I couldn't live with it, so I'd have to confess it. I wouldn't confess it, so I wouldn't do it. I'm like Dani: if the temptation is that strong, it's time to end things with him.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani
Monogamy is important to me when I'm in a relationship.

If I'm at the point where I'm prepared to cheat on a significant other, then it's just time to end the relationship and move on.

Therefore, my conscience would be quite clear.

I also agree, but when I talk to some women, I realized it is not easy for them to end the relationship (marriage) especially if they have kids.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by _A1

I also agree, but when I talk to some women, I realized it is not easy for them to end the relationship (marriage) especially if they have kids.

Well that I can't speak to, being that I'm neither married nor do I have kids.

I do hope that if I were to ever find myself in that situation as a married woman with kids, I'd have the guts to either end it or work things out as opposed to cheating.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
When you're in a non-monogamous relationship, there's no cheating, just honesty about who you're screwing, for safety sake.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. We're involved in a committed relationship with a third party. Because we are all healthy and disease free, we engage in unprotected sex. It would be disastrous if one of us strayed from that and put all parties at risk. The same holds true in any marriage, if any partner were to stray.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by _A1

^^^ This ^^^

Despite what people think many women cheat and can't gracefully or practically remove themselves from their marriage due to children and/or financial reasons.

A lot of people think that almost all cheaters are men but they're cheating with someone and that person is usually a married woman.

I'm not saying it's right or ok but there you have it. It is what it is.

Great minds think alike but dirty minds work together.... ;)
Chuckanator
0 likes
Cheating is a betrayal to more than your spouse. It is also a betrayal to yourself and your honor. I speak from experience that it is not worth it. To come clean and admit it is better than getting caught.

We live in an society where sin is defined not by the action but by getting caught.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well thank god my mom has been my role model as a woman. I think if you are in an "exclusive" relationship then of course it is cheating. You need to be honest with each other. If you are sexually attracted to someone else then you need to be totally brave and own up....well it's hard of course. We are all human. So most of us don't do that, right.

I mean a lot of my girlfriends "think" they are exclusive, but they are young and curious and they totally stray when tempted. My mom was very stern with me. In no uncertain terms she told me not to get too serious too young. You need to date and try different guys and travel and stuff. Gosh don't live a lie. Well my mom always makes sure her dates understand that she "dates" and that they do not own her. I can totally understand that many girls feel clingy and insecure and are afraid to maybe lose a guy, but hey if you want to date other guys and try sex with different guys then be honest with your self too. Otherwise you will end up being unhappy too right? Anyways I've blabbed on too much haha.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
Cheating is a betrayal to more than your spouse. It is also a betrayal to yourself and your honor. I speak from experience that it is not worth it. To come clean and admit it is better than getting caught.

We live in an society where sin is defined not by the action but by getting caught.

And it's better still not to put yourself in a situation where you're in a room where you do what you don't confess. (Apologies to Gordon Lightfoot.)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have cheated on boyfriend's and lived with not telling them; so the answer to your question is "yes" I could, and have.

I also have many friends who have confided to me that they have cheated on their BFs or husbands.

I am not saying it is right, just that it happens all the time.

I have seen survey statistics that say 50% of women admit to cheating. 80% of men admit to cheating.

These are just the ones that admit it. I think the actual figure is higher for both groups.

We weren't meant to be monogamous.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by VirginalViet
Well thank god my mom has been my role model as a woman. I think if you are in an "exclusive" relationship then of course it is cheating. You need to be honest with each other. If you are sexually attracted to someone else then you need to be totally brave and own up....well it's hard of course. We are all human. So most of us don't do that, right.

I mean a lot of my girlfriends "think" they are exclusive, but they are young and curious and they totally stray when tempted. My mom was very stern with me. In no uncertain terms she told me not to get too serious too young. You need to date and try different guys and travel and stuff. Gosh don't live a lie. Well my mom always makes sure her dates understand that she "dates" and that they do not own her. I can totally understand that many girls feel clingy and insecure and are afraid to maybe lose a guy, but hey if you want to date other guys and try sex with different guys then be honest with your self too. Otherwise you will end up being unhappy too right? Anyways I've blabbed on too much haha.

Actually you nailed this! Its all about communication and understanding the parameters of the relationship (be it exclusive or not). Not that this is remotely easy or straightforward, especially as on poster mentioned if there are children in a committed relationship. But its about owning yourself and taking responsibility for your own actions. Your mum sounds like an awesome lady!!