Karma's Jokes are On You.

last reply
58 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Convict
0 likes
We all talk about our friend Karma. The trouble is, those "holier than though" people who seem to be the experts on the virtue of karma, are usually the very people who begin the vicious cycle of "cause and effect". They lose sight of who made the first negative action. To watch it can sometimes be quite funny. When that person "gets what's coming to them". It's not really funny though, is it? Often when Karma strikes, the stricken still can't see or remember they were the person that started it all so then blame the
other side and so on and so forth.

Agreed with my nymph friend, it often starts because one side won't take the others' BS.
Personally I believe it comes down to treating others how you wish to be treated.

I found a link on another thread here. It makes very interesting reading.

The Law of Karma - cause and effect
Karma is the great law of "cause and effect", of "action and reaction", which controls the destiny of all living entities.

This great law functions on the principle, that any action performed produces an equal and opposite reaction, which directly influences our very existence.

Karma, like time and gravity, is a universal principle and every one is effected by its influence. While the law of physics applies to the interaction of material objects only, the law of karma however, applies to any action performed by living entities and governs the interrelations of all living beings. The state laws for example, are grossly observed; but the law of material nature [karma] being subtle to our gross understanding, cannot be experienced grossly or understood by mental speculation.

The law of karma states, that every action performed in life creates another reaction which in turn produces a new counter action. Thus an endless chain of actions and reactions is produced which binds the living entity to his good and bad deeds. This is the way how karma works. It creates an action and another reaction simultaneously and this increases the chain of material activities, keeping the performer in material bondage.

Action has three components: the senses, the work and the doer and three motivating factors: knowledge, the object of knowledge, and the knower.

The soul within the body is acting to bring about the results of activity and is therefore known as the doer. Its instruments of action are the senses, and for each and every action there is a different endeavour.

From one life to the next, and from one cosmic creation to the next, the living entity makes a determination to act in a certain way, and then he is entangled in the reactions to his work. After giving up one body, he enters another, and usually he forgets everything about his previous life [see: re-incarnation]. The Supersoul in everyone's heart witnesses one's past desires and gives one facilities and directions how to fulfill them. In this way, the soul reaps the results of his actions.

Karma - and the Bible

The universal law of karma is also explained in the holy Bible which we know by the statement: "as ye sow, so also shall ye reap".

It says, that whatever you sow, so also shall you reap [the fruits of action]. It also says that you only reap as a result of having sown in previous periods. That what you are reaping today in your life, is a result of what you have sown in the past. And what you reap in the future is a result of what you sow now. This is generally known as the law of sowing and reaping or the law of "return", which returns to us in an similar way that what we do unto others.

Therefore Lord Jesus Christ says: "Do unto others as you would them have done unto you."

The principle of Karma is that for the good actions one performs one receives good reactions, and if one inflicts pain or violence on others, one will suffer equal violence either in this life or the next.

This is also confirmed in the Bible by the statement: "An eye for an eye, tooth for tooth, life for a life". For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Or in other words, if a human being for example, unnecessary takes the life of an innocent animal he must suffer the result at some point in the future; namely he must give his own life for taking a life.

The law of karma states that everything which happens in our lives is nothing but the reaction of our past activities. Everything that we are today is the sum total result of all our activities performed up to this moment. If we wish our lives to be different in the future we have to change our activities in the present; and by doing so we change the direction of our lives.

Activities are, therefore, always the primary causes of the conditions or effects, experienced in our lives.

There is, in fact, no such thing as an accident. Everything that happens to us happens by the cause and effect and not by chance. For every effect in our lives there is a specific cause and if we do not like the effects that we are enjoying or suffering, then we have to analyse the causes and change our activities accordingly.

Agreed with my nymph friend, it often starts because one side won't take the others' BS.

Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Right. Well I have lots of opinions on this matter of opinion. But Imma just post some pics instead.
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Is that it? ONE? Do you know how many Karma pics there are on this site alone? I expect more of you next time BBF!

Fine bitch, fine....lock and load
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Quote by Gillianleeeza
I'll make up for Adi for now. I guess one of these could go on the funny bitchez thread too, I always try to multi-task.

Thanks Gill. That right there is a good deed which, in karma terms, means you can fuck my man since you did me a favor. Lol. I better look into that. We share everything anyway. I can't meet you in Vegas until Sunday evening. They're on to me. I have to get them off my tail first. Ttfn bitch
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
be back

Fucked it up the first time. Musta been Karma. Let's try again

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My interpretation of Karma was always... "You reap the harvest that you sow"...

I tried to read all the posts in this thread but don't remember anyone mentioning the Golden Rule. More good words to live by.

Life is it's own reward and life is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Lasty but not least... Walk softly and carry a big stick because there is evil in the world that doesn't respond to talk of Karma, The Golden Rule etc. To believe that all men are inherently good is to be naive and to leave oneself open to tremendous harm.

Nuff said....
Great minds think alike but dirty minds work together.... ;)
Lurker
0 likes

I had to add this because of your avatar. Is it a pickle or a cucumber? Whatever it is, it's funny.

Convict
0 likes
Quote by SugarBaby2013

I had to add this because of your avatar. Is it a pickle or a cucumber? Whatever it is, it's funny.

Well you've got yourself in a right pickle, you Evil dill.

A pickle IS a cucumber. After its pickled in vinegar.

That thing on my avatar, it's a C U C U M B E R.

This pic would belong in the "Pictures With Words" thread.

Aaaaaand my Karma post.
Lurker
0 likes
My "karma" post and a pickle!