Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Social media causing unrealistic view of your life?

last reply
12 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
People on social networks are constantly bombarded with images of people seeming living perfect lives. As far as Lush is concerned, do you feel other people are having fabulous sex lives that you are missing out on causing envy at best and depression in the worst case scenario?
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by oz99
People on social networks are constantly bombarded with images of people seeming living perfect lives. As far as Lush is concerned, do you feel other people are having fabulous sex lives that you are missing out on causing envy at best and depression in the worst case scenario?

Absolutely not. Somebody being so busy with such a sex life wouldn't have the amount of time for posting in such a way as certain Lushies do.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are studies being done on "social media depression" so it's happening to some people. I would say that sometimes I do look at these pictures and think "damn, how come she's getting to have all the fun."
Lurker
0 likes
You have been inundated your whole life, conscious and subconscious, with unrealistic expectations on TV, movies, and almost everything you read in books and online. All crafted to sell you things you don't need to get you to spend money you don't have to impress people you probably don't really like.

Step right up.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by symes4u
You have been inundated your whole life, conscious and subconscious, with unrealistic expectations on TV, movies, and almost everything you read in books and online. All crafted to sell you things you don't need to get you to spend money you don't have to impress people you probably don't really like.

Step right up.

Exactly, subliminal suggestion bombards us constantly with one message after another of "If you just BUY THIS... you too can..."

And, on social media who knows how many are actually telling the truth and how many are weaving a fantasy to cover up an actually miserable existence?
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
no. facebook fantasies and instagram illusions have NO bearing on how i feel about my real life.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Weavindreams

Exactly, subliminal suggestion bombards us constantly with one message after another of "If you just BUY THIS... you too can..."

And, on social media who knows how many are actually telling the truth and how many are weaving a fantasy to cover up an actually miserable existence?

I had a huge response to this question supporting our heroic Marine but I just don't want that much trouble.

Needless to say my answer to this question is YES.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
From my friends & family... I see too much whining... to much bitching... and too much... period. There are those who seem they must post every aspect of their life on social media... and those who see nothing wrong with publicly shaming someone with half-truths. Then there are those who "brag" about their good fortune, then turn around and whine about being broke. Of course the political and religious elements are always too thick for my tastes I will admit to sharing more positive than negatives. I have also tried to do the, "Do I really need to share this?" whenever I share something personal.

I share a lot of "work related" things because many of my friends are in the same filed. I also share a few jokes to make people laugh & smile.

I don't let Facebook dictate my life. I have a life. A good life. I share my opinions and if it means a so-called friend will unfriend or block me because I call them out on their bullshit... then they really weren't much of a friend.

Maybe my age plays a factor in this attitude. All I know is I use Facebook to keep in contact with my family that I no longer live near, and friends who are many miles away. It doesn't give me an unrealistic view of my life... it's just entertainment.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Absolutely not. Somebody being so busy with such a sex life wouldn't have the amount of time for posting in such a way as certain Lushies do.

giggles.. someone THAT busy wouldn't have time to be here .. let alone be able 2 t y pe

[posted by not Hayley .. just her life size cardboard replica]

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by hayley

giggles.. someone THAT busy wouldn't have time to be here .. let alone be able 2 t y pe

[posted by not Hayley .. just her life size cardboard replica]

Some members can orgasm when a comma is used correctly. You can tell who by the drop in proper spelling within their replies.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Some members can orgasm when a comma is used correctly. You can tell who by the drop in proper spelling within their replies.

oh my .. u guessed ... giggles

I think u will like this ..

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by hayley

oh my .. u guessed ... giggles

I think u will like this ..

Lurker
0 likes
I found a PLACE here...

(I wouldn't describe myself as UNREALISTIC in terms of how I connect here...)

I MIGHT go nuts at times. (But it's HERE and nobody gives a high fuck...)

Nice community.

xx SF