What do my English friends think?

last reply
25 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Well out of all those I've only ever had Fish n Chips, Cornish Pasty and Cheddar Cheese but I know the rest are popular so I'd agree and say its a pretty good list... only wheres the cream teas? and beans on toast? and Sunday roast? and and bangers and mash? and Yorkshire puds?!

Maybe its not such a good list

"A Ploughman’s lunch, with a slab of cheddar, a spoonful of sharp piccalilli and a pint of beer"

Hell yes!
Mr Nobody
0 likes
And a nice bit of Battenburg cake
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They left out mushy peas and baked beans.. never understood those but everyone seems to like them. DB made a good list though
Lurker
0 likes
I don't know what half that stuff in Double-M's post is, but it sounds good.

I think I'll go eat something, then hit the club.
Matriarch
0 likes
No roast beef / lamb / chicken /Pork? Traditional Sunday lunch for Centuries.

Anyone for High Tea?
Lurker
0 likes
Bangers and mash?
0 likes
I went there last year to visit family. We had fish and chips, but the fish was lying on a bed of mushy peas. And there were spam fritters, too.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
Bangers and mash?

Bangers are sausages. They go well with mashed potatoes

Mushy peas are pretty foul. The other things they like over there is curry sauce on their chips. It's what people eat when they're broke. Spam fritters have a half life of 40 years, do NOT eat them!
Lurker
0 likes
"Half life"
Lurker
0 likes
Never tried Spam fritters before but I would be game to love spam. Fried Spam and eggs are the best for breakfast
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
Well out of all those I've only ever had Fish n Chips, Cornish Pasty and Cheddar Cheese but I know the rest are popular so I'd agree and say its a pretty good list... only wheres the cream teas? and beans on toast? and Sunday roast? and and bangers and mash? and Yorkshire puds?!

Maybe its not such a good list

"A Ploughman’s lunch, with a slab of cheddar, a spoonful of sharp piccalilli and a pint of beer"

Hell yes!
...All Of The Above & Not Forgetting The Good English Fry Up, 2Eggs 2Bacon 2Bangers Mushrooms Oh Bollocks You Get The Picture! ....."now i wonder if that greasy spoon is open on sunday`s"
Lurker
0 likes
Sexplease: is that your drivers license pic?
Lurker
0 likes
Curry sauce with chips is a winner!!
And chips and gravy!

God I love english food
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
since the french refer to us as 'le rosbif' surely that should figure as a quintessentially english food; a whole nation defines us by a dish; and btw we dont eat curry sauce on chips cos we are broke, its cos its lovely
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
Sexplease: is that your drivers license pic?
yes it is i thought a pix of my gear stick would be appropriate. i like your passport photo! x
Lurker
0 likes
Bubbles and squeek?
Lurker
0 likes
Bubble and squeak sounds like the last time Tech Goddess and I were in a hot tub.
Lurker
0 likes
Fart a lot in the hot tub, huh Rocco?
Lush Legend
0 likes
LMAO@Chef....

"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
l

lol
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

OMG! I totally laughed out loud! My hubs is looking at me like Im retarded or something! LMAO!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
That's what it sounded like to me when he said that. LOL
Lurker
0 likes
"Squeak, squeak."

"Did you do that, baby?"

"Musta been the water jets. Let's fuck."