Login

Chatroom Nicknames

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
'tis himself!
0 likes
OK, for those of you who spend time in the chat rooms, do you find it surprisingly easy to identify the gender of a person from the username, even when the icon and name are not explicitly one gender or the other? (with apologies to trans, intergender, and other non-binary folks).

I'd say at a guess that I have about an 80-85% success rate. Do others find the same?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do think many screen names are gender giveaways, even if the person is trying to achieve a neutral or different result. For whatever reason, it often times seems obvious to me as to the person's gender. Maybe it is a speech pattern or verbiage and I am just giving credit to the screen name.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TheUprightMan
OK, for those of you who spend time in the chat rooms, do you find it surprisingly easy to identify the gender of a person from the username, even when the icon and name are not explicitly one gender or the other? (with apologies to trans, intergender, and other non-binary folks).

I'd say at a guess that I have about an 80-85% success rate. Do others find the same?

If you have a keen eye you can recognize someone with a falsified/fake identity as well. I hate to see people so naive so as to not understand those subtle things that make it obvious.

Plus you don't have to apologize, There is nothing harmful in what you say.

kisses
Shaaz.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Its fairly easy to identify the gender of someone in the chat rooms but other information can be a bit trciky - someone yesterday thought that the 10 at the end of my username meant I had 10" cock which isn't the case haha!