Announcing the Winners of our "Historical Erotica" Competition

last reply
40 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
This was one of the hardest challenges we've set authors to date. To write a historical piece, in the right "voice", creating a feel for the era, is an incredibly difficult thing to do.

I am delighted to say, that a fair number of authors rose to the challenge. We had some cracking entries, and the judging was close.

Congratulations to the 3 winners:

Winner ($150 Prize) - Legion, by Lupus
Second Place ($100 Prize) - Scarlet, by Saucymh
Third Place ($50) - Naziri, by Milik_the_Red

Rounding out the Top 10, are these entries:

Trust, by avrgblkgrl
Arianrhod, by BethanyFrasier
Eighteen Hours of Rain, by flytoomuch
The Hothouse Flower, by FeliciaGreene
The Hitter, by gilrenard
A Compromising Marriage, by curvygalore
Josie in Tombstone, by billybroadband

A shout out to curvygalore, for being placed with the first story she's ever submitted here. Also, to FeliciaGreene, who made it to the top table.

Thank you everyone who took the time to pen an entry.

A new competition will be announced shortly.

Cheers,

Nicola
Lurker
0 likes
Congrats everybody!!

Congrats to those who placed and to everyone who entered.

Congrats Lupus, John (flytoomuch) and GilRenard!!
Way to go Ben!!!

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Congratulations to Lupus, Saucymh, and Milik!

Also a big shout out to everyone else who placed, and those that took the time to give it a shot. You guys rock!

In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Way to go!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

? A True Story ?
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Congratulations to the winners, and to the honorables! Great job, all.
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Congratulations! This was a challenging competition so kudos to everyone that entered!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Congratulations to the winners and those who placed as well. This one was a lot of fun for me and I think a great way to introduce the "historical" category. Thanks to all who participated, and of course, the readers.
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes

Congratulations, winners, and honorable mentions! Well-done!
Lurker
0 likes
A great result! Congrats to the Winners, all who made the final list and indeed everyone who entered.

(Lots of names on that list I hadn't previously read, which proves that as New Members/Writers join us all the time the quality of work posted increases. Go LUSH!)

xx SF
The Linebacker
0 likes
Congrats Ben! And also to Saucy and Milik! And a great big shout out to all those honorable mentions. Y'all did an awesome job of writing in this competition. A great way to bring in the Historical Category to Lush.

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Wow, I'm just waking up here on the west coast of the U.S., but I am deeply honored.
I want to offer my congratulations to Ben and Saucymh, and to the top ten finishers. As a history buff, this was my favorite competition to date. I urge every one to read those stories because they were incredibly well thought out.

Thank you to judges and to Nicola. I'm so incredibly happy to have placed in this comp.
Story Verifier
0 likes

Great job everyone!
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Here's a big, "Amen," to what Brother MTR wrote. As one of the also- rans (again, sob) my congrats to the winners and my thanks to all the folks who took the time to read and the trouble to leave some very kind comments.

The Right Rev Rumple Foreskin :glasses:
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners and all the honorable mentions.

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Yay! Massive congrats to Ben for taking the well-deserved first place honors! I told youuuuu...

Congrats to the other talented winners and top ten and everyone who entered the comp! It was a challenging genre and there were some great pieces of writing in this one!

I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Congrats to all. Some amazing stories were entered.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Congratulations, Ben et al.! And echoing Nicola's sentiment, congratulations to CurvyGalore for placing with her first comp entry!

Thank you so much for your kind comment Jennifer, and to Nicola too for the shout out.

Many congratulations to the top three, absolutely outstanding stories, and to everyone else too. I am totally overwhelmed to be amongst such writing talent so I'm just going to go to a quiet corner and faint now!!
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

Congratulations, winners, and honorable mentions! Well-done!

Congratulations to the winners and congratulations to you Bethany for yet another top ten showing. Your story was worthy of high accolades.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congrats to all ... there were some damned good stories in this competition and a great topic.
Lurker
0 likes
Brilliant news! A huge well done to you all!
The Bee's Knees
0 likes

CONGRATS to the winners, runners up, and everyone that decided to enter! this was TRULY a remarkable way to introduce the category!

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
About damn time, bastards. x

Thank you. To everyone - the judges and those who keep on supporting a self-doubting lunatic. You're all quite lovely, if I think about it long enough.

That's a nice birthday present.
A poetry selection!
Awesome Lady
0 likes
Quote by curvygalore

Thank you so much for your kind comment Jennifer, and to Nicola too for the shout out.

Many congratulations to the top three, absolutely outstanding stories, and to everyone else too. I am totally overwhelmed to be amongst such writing talent so I'm just going to go to a quiet corner and faint now!!

Too funny! Such talent everywhere - and a great, great category.

Gentleman Stranger
0 likes

Congratulations to the winners and to all the entrants!