Login

Away and Black boxes

last reply
16 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
When I am set to away and invisible, I thought you were not going to be able to receive black boxes? I still do.
Click below to see

Matriarch
0 likes
I've asked Gav to fix this up as an option, as it's been a pet peeve of mine for a while. If you're mid story, and you want to be totally uninterrupted, a black box pinging up, can really throw you off.
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I've asked Gav to fix this up as an option, as it's been a pet peeve of mine for a while. If you're mid story, and you want to be totally uninterrupted, a black box pinging up, can really throw you off.

Yes on my last story this kept happening to me, and I think I erased more than I wrote that night.. It causes you to loose all train of thought.

A do not disturb button would be nice.
Click below to see

Site administrator
0 likes
I always thought that if you are set to Away (Unavailable to chat) you will not receive black boxes and indeed when I have sent some members a black box I have got their Away message back.

So that is effectively a Do Not Disturb option.

Matriarch
0 likes
It's going to be fixed soon so we can enjoy our stories in peace
English Rose
0 likes
Quote by nicola
It's going to be fixed soon so we can enjoy our stories in peace

If I'm set to Away or Invisible and I'm BB'd, what happens to the BB in respect of the sender? Does it just disappear into the ether, do they think it's been successfully sent, do the BB messages that are sent to me all turn up next time I 'show?'

Thanks xx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
There's a check box in the Online Status page for Away Message. Unless this box is checked, the system will not apply the away message. Only if this box is checked will the bb's stay away. At least, that's been my experience.
English Rose
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar
There's a check box in the Online Status page for Away Message. Unless this box is checked, the system will not apply the away message. Only if this box is checked will the bb's stay away. At least, that's been my experience.

I see that now and it makes perfect sense. Thanks xx

My question I think would more refer to being BB'D while invisible.
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
0 likes
Is there any way of retrieving a story written and and stupid Black boxes come, damn page flipped and lost my hole story, almost finished. Is there any way Gav and retrieve that story or is it just gone? Please any way to stop these black boxes???? Any way to retrieve my story?
Click below to see

0 likes
Quote by Simplicity
Is there any way of retrieving a story written and and stupid Black boxes come, damn page flipped and lost my hole story, almost finished. Is there any way Gav and retrieve that story or is it just gone? Please any way to stop these black boxes???? Any way to retrieve my story?

Not a mod, but I've had this happen while pasting a story into the submission box. I don't know if your story is backed up somewhere (mine are all on my Google Drive), but I do know that yes, the story sort of vanishes from the submission page, and the easiest way to correct that is just to repaste your story and submit it. Whether or not it can be retrieved is a good question; I would suspect not.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Code Monkey
0 likes
So now the Away message in combination with the 'Send my away message to online messages also' you will no longer receive a black box online message.

Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
I'm confused (nothing new). If I am in invisible mode, I wont get black box messages?? I'm always invisible. Will the IM's be blocked only if you have the away message checked??
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by SydneySider
. Will the IM's be blocked only if you have the away message checked??

yes - only if you are 'away' ad you have the message checked

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Not a mod, but I've had this happen while pasting a story into the submission box. I don't know if your story is backed up somewhere (mine are all on my Google Drive), but I do know that yes, the story sort of vanishes from the submission page, and the easiest way to correct that is just to repaste your story and submit it. Whether or not it can be retrieved is a good question; I would suspect not.

No it wasn't backed up anywhere, not only did I lose it once, but I rewrote it , pushed continue so I could save it , to continue working on it, to only have it disappear Again!!! Talk about pissed girl.. I shut the comp down and went to bed. So I will start the story for the third time. But NOT in the story spot.

So people be very careful when writing in the spot where you submit, my story disappeared twice. Write some where else and c& p it.

Thank you Gav for fixing this black box issues, some people dont stop when asked to stop.
Click below to see

Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by sprite

yes - only if you are 'away' ad you have the message checked

Thanks Rach..
0 likes
OK, maybe I am blind because I do not see this block message. I have looked on the drop down box and in settings. I don't see it.
Click below to see