0 watchers
0 likes
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
LILY™ 2

An Iconic Design Infused with Signature LELO Fragrances

aph·ro·dis·i·ac

noun

1. a food, drink, or drug that stimulates sexual desire.
1. a thing that causes excitement.

It’s no surprise that certain scents have long been considered aphrodisiacs. They can trigger certain moods and feelings, stimulate hunger, sooth and comfort, and even arouse sexual desire. This doesn’t even include the biological chemistry involved in pheromones, body smells and attraction. Some scientists suggest it is a combination of both physiological and psychological factors – some smells directly affect our sex hormones (eg. licorice), while others may help us recall certain memories that are uniquely sexually suggestive.

Luxury sex toy company, LELO, has recently launched an upgraded version of their best-selling clitoral vibrator, the LILY™ 2, that now includes an olfactory twist. They have signature scents infused into the silicone. This does not alter the taste of a woman’s juices, it’s purely meant as a way to heighten the senses and arouse.

LILY™ 2 is currently available in three scent-sational varieties:

Plum (Bordeaux and Chocolate), Lavender (Lavender and Manuka Honey) and Pink (Rose and Wisteria).

I tried the Lavender and Manuka Honey version.

This is immediately what it brought to mind:

After doing a little reading up on the properties of lavender, I learned that it’s actually considered to be one of the most powerful of the top five aphrodisiacs and has long been termed the “herb of love”. Historically, lavender was actually added to teas and baths in order to promote fidelity between married couples. The scent relaxes and reduces stress, while increasing blood flow to the clitoris and penis.

Honey also has a storied history when it comes to love and sex. In medieval times, people drank mead (a fermented drink made from honey) in order to increase sexual desire. In the 5th century, when the calendar was based on moon cycles, newly married couples drank this honey mead for a month, representing a “honeymoon”. Some studies suggest honey also enhances blood levels of testosterone.

Aside from the historical trivia, you’ll find lavender and honey (or sometimes vanilla) combinations in a wide assortment of aromatherapy products, from candles and massage oils to perfumes and laundry soaps.

The scent of the LILY™ 2 version of Lavender and Manuka Honey is very pleasant and isn’t overly strong for those that may be sensitive to smells. It doesn’t smell like a ‘perfumey’ or old lady version of lavender either. It has a lightly floral, warm and creamy, almost sweet tone to the scent that I think is likely to be universally appealing, in case you’re questioning which of the three scents might appeal most.

The science behind these scent infusions almost approaches a kind of art form. They aren’t just adding the scent to the surface of the product, it’s infused inside the actual plastic of LILY™ 2 using a complex process of heating and freezing to create a light yet lasting, completely body-safe aromatic massager. This means the scent isn’t going to wear off after a couple of uses or after initial cleaning. For those that are naturally averse or sceptical about the idea of a scented product, you can read more about the production of LILY™ 2 on LELO's blog Volonte.

Why LILY™ 2?

This is a very small and discreet clitoral vibrator that is ideal for both solo and couples play. It’s literally about the length of your index finger and ergonomically shaped to nestle against the vulva for a full rumble, or you can position the tapered head against the clit for more direct power and apply as little or as much pressure as you like. After some random experimenting, I found that you can even position this little vibrator inside a pair of snug panties and have a more hands-free experience if you like to start with a long tease.

When used during couples play, you can incorporate LILY™ 2 into various positions to help reach orgasm. If you’re a woman that can’t orgasm via intercourse alone (studies show that roughly 70% rarely or never do, without additional stimulation), this kind of vibrator is perfect. For example, in doggy position you can use the toy against your clit, or the guy can reach around and control the buzz, in place of manual stimulation. In cowgirl or missionary (or alternate variations), you can position it so that the pressure and vibrations transfer to both partners. LILY™ 2 is small, quiet and very non-intimidating, so if you’re new to using toys as part of couples play, this is a great beginners model to start experimenting with.

Quick Product Details:

LILY™ 2 is made of body-safe ABS plastic that is ultra smooth and soft to the touch. It’s waterproof, rechargeable (a 2 hour charge gives you 4 hours of play) and has 8 stimulation patterns. There are only two buttons to control, so it’s very intuitive and easy to use. It comes with a USB charger, a sample of personal lube, a 1-year manufacturing warranty and a 10-year pleasure guarantee.

My Final Thoughts:

I really like the LILY™ 2, even more than I was expecting to. It’s slightly more expensive than the original LILY and while I can’t compare the two directly since I don’t have the original model, LILY™ 2 is supposed to be twice as powerful. Other comparative reviews I’ve read have attested to this and it’s definitely a major selling point if you’re considering upgrading from the older model. Rest assured it packs an impressive amount of power, despite its diminutive size. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed by the strength of the vibrations. Unlike the original, the LILY™ 2 is also completely waterproof and fully submersible, so you can take this into the shower or bath as well.

The scent options allow for personal creativity and preferences. Is it a *must have* feature - no – however, it does make things more fun! Most people naturally gravitate toward certain colours. They may feel that one shade represents them more, feels more sensuous or just suits their aesthetic better. Our scent-preferences operate in a similar way… do you prefer something delicate and floral, do you gravitate toward soothing and relaxing scents, or are you more of a sensual gourmand? We’re all aroused by different aromatic notes, and the perfume industry is proof of this. If given the option of picking a sensual scent vs. just having the scent of plain silicone, I’m always going to be more excited about choosing something unique to my own individual tastes.

There are a plethora of small clitoral vibrators on the market. One of my first sex toys was a Pocket Rocket that was very inexpensive and did the job. The downside was that it wasn’t rechargeable and dealing with the sub-par power of a weakening battery is never ideal. It was also very loud and not very couples friendly. The size and shape of a toy, as well as the general aesthetics, is important to me, and the LILY™ 2 is a really beautifully designed and well-crafted toy. Do a ‘search’ for ‘clitoral vibrator’ on any relevant retail site and you’ll see a wide assortment of strange shapes, plastics and gadgets. None will even come close to the luxury appeal of the LILY™ 2.

It’s definitely an investment toy (approx. $139 USD), but it’s one that’s going to last you many, many years. And if you’re intrigued by scents for the senses, be sure to put LILY™ 2 on your wish list!

You can buy LILY™ 2 at LELO.com or other authorized retailers.

Disclaimer: products were provided to me for my honest feedback and review.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How come they don't have one that smells like tuna?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dear Santa......I've been such a good girl.......surely you can wrap one up for under my tree for me????
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I'm intrigued.

Great job, Ashleigh. I love your product reviews!

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by CleoElGato
How come they don't have one that smells like tuna?

My sex toys sometimes end up smelling a bit like tuna...

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

0 likes
It's cute and looks like fun!

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Troublemaker
0 likes
Quote by sexygeek
Ohhh. It looks like fun..

Too bad you're on Santa's Naughty List biggrin
Innocent Puck Bunnii
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ

Too bad you're on Santa's Naughty List biggrin

And Lily 2 is on my Christmas List
Lurker
0 likes
I think this will be going on my xmas list. What a great review. I need to shake up my toy collection smile
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Dear Santa,

This year I would like...

biggrin
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by XxBritneyxX
Dear Santa,

This year I would like...

biggrin

...my very own sprite! just trying to be helpful, here! *giggles and runs*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

...my very own sprite! just trying to be helpful, here! *giggles and runs*

I'll take a Sprite over a Lily any time!!!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Maybe a perk of being on the naughty list