last reply
27 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
hi
i've just added a restriction to the chat rooms to limit free members to access one room at a time. some of the more popular rooms were becoming full with squatters and this limit makes things fairer.
any issues let me know.
gav
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
you are on a roll today! i had noticed that the rooms were getting congested, so this should help. thanks!

Say. Her. Name.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Someone's been eating their Wheaties.

Great work!!

My head's still reeling from the 'hard block' you just implemented.

Good shit, dude.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gav
hi
i've just added a restriction to the chat rooms to limit free members to access one room at a time. some of the more popular rooms were becoming full with squatters and this limit makes things fairer.
any issues let me know.
gav

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank You!!!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Be nice to be able to have an easy way to sign out of a room! It is not really clear how to change rooms.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Thefisherman
Be nice to be able to have an easy way to sign out of a room! It is not really clear how to change rooms.

In each room top right corner there is an exit door .. if you click on that you 'wave goodbye' to everyone and leave the room. You are then back to the Chat Rooms page. smile
Lurker
0 likes
I love this in love it ... ty ty ty Gav much needed
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Since your restrictions were put in place it seems like the site it not as crowded as it once was. Seems like people are going elsewhere. Have you considered lifting this restriction?
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by hereforfun2
Since your restrictions were put in place it seems like the site it not as crowded as it once was. Seems like people are going elsewhere. Have you considered lifting this restriction?

The total number of members in the chat rooms may well be less, for obvious reasons, but I dont see why non-paying members would 'go elsewhere' just because they are restricted to one room at a time.

On what basis do you make that statement? Feedback perhaps?
Princess D
0 likes
......awesome great idea.....I LOVE IT thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by angiegirl
......awesome great idea.....I LOVE IT thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me? aw shucks .. thanks.
Lurker
0 likes
I think this is a great idea, nothing worse than not being able to get in the room, because its full of people that are in several rooms.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Instead of restricting the rooms, can you increase the number of entries per room? It's nice to be able to go into multiple rooms and chat with multiple people.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by hereforfun2
Instead of restricting the rooms, can you increase the number of entries per room? It's nice to be able to go into multiple rooms and chat with multiple people.

I would suggest 1) the limit of 25 per room was set as a manageable number and anymore than that room performance would deteriorate and 2) they would still become full with members in multiple rooms.

Perhaps you could support the site and buy a membership and then you would not be subject to this restriction? Bronze at $10 a year or better still silver or gold.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gav
hi
any issues let me know.
gav

Even after leaving the chatrooms , my name was still there in the room.And because of that I can't go into another room as well. Help me with this problem please.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Auburn

Even after leaving the chatrooms , my name was still there in the room.And because of that I can't go into another room as well. Help me with this problem please.

This issue usually occurs when whilst you have been in a room you experience a 'Lost connection' and then subsequently a 'Successful reconnection'. When you then try to exit via the usual 'Exit Door' you Wave Goodbye to the room but dont actually leave it. Are you using the Chat Rooms button to actually leave the room back to the main Chat Page?.

edit - regardless of your reply to my question you simply go back into the room you were in and then exit 'cleanly' via the 'Exit Door'. You will then find your name has gone from the list of members in that room and you are free to go elsewhere. I appreciate you may not be able to go back in immediately if the room is at maximum capacity.
Lurker
0 likes
I did tried the both ways to exit i;e by the exit door and by closing the tab directly but it didn't worked at that time, but maybe it was momentory and I'll try it again .

Thanks for the help john. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Glad you did this, sure keeps the rooms flowing better and not as much deadwood in them
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

In each room top right corner there is an exit door .. if you click on that you 'wave goodbye' to everyone and leave the room. You are then back to the Chat Rooms page. smile

There is a problem with this function. if Lush hiccups or loses connection while you are in the room, you cannot exit the room. you must first refresh your screen, and then the door works.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by hereforfun2

A lot of people, and especially new people often have trouble following conversations in one room, let alone multiple rooms. what generally happens is they get involved in a convo in one room, and become lurkers in the other rooms, making it hard for others to get into a room. My personal opinion on the free members is that Lush is being extremely generous, both with a three month trial period (I know of no other site that is that long, some are as little as a few days or a week) and with the options still available to the free members after the trial period (basically, they can still do just about everything, just are unable to initiate a few things like send an email, a friend request or open a private room, but if someone else initiates any of these actions, they can still participate.)
Weaver of Words
0 likes
great addition to the room restrictions gav! excellent work!
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by gav
hi
any issues let me know.
gav

wait, been thinking about this since my earlier posts. does this mean all the new people during their trial period, or only once the trial membership has expired?
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by adele

wait, been thinking about this since my earlier posts. does this mean all the new people during their trial period, or only once the trial membership has expired?

New members, for 3 months, are afforded the features that were apparent prior to the freemium changes so they have access to multiple rooms concurrently.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by adele

There is a problem with this function. if Lush hiccups or loses connection while you are in the room, you cannot exit the room. you must first refresh your screen, and then the door works.

If you scroll further up I do refer to this.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

If you scroll further up I do refer to this.

I did eventually see you answer, as I was reading from the top down. however, if you are stuck in a room, short of closing the tab and reopening, then doing as you suggested by going back in, then leaving again, you literally are stuck in the room until you time out. Even logging off lush leaves you there. Refreshing the screen allows you to then exit the room without the hassle of closing and reopening a tab, then re-entering the room, and then leaving again.