Login

Site issues today?

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Hi all. Been trying to post a story to the submit page for several hours now, but keep getting a "general error" message as soon as I click on the "continue" button.

Site issue or my issue - and if it's mine, any helpful tips?

Edit: Okay, other stories seem to be entering the queue in the last several hours, and yet I'm unable to submit anything. Any ideas????
Matriarch
0 likes
I'll ask Gav to check. The queue has been sitting at 28 for the last few hours, so something might be up.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I'll ask Gav to check. The queue has been sitting at 28 for the last few hours, so something might be up.

Thanks!
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Hi Nicola,

Just a follow-up note; still don't know if it was the site or me, but I had been trying to submit through Firefox as my browser and it was not working at all, for over 24 hours now. I switched over to Chrome and it worked the first try. That may provide a hint.
Code Monkey
0 likes
There have been no exception logs generated from the story submission page.

To me this sounds like you are trying to submit some invalid data (probably the story). Does it contain tags you've copied and pasted from Word?

Sounds like you have a solution for now, use Chrome
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by gav
There have been no exception logs generated from the story submission page.

To me this sounds like you are trying to submit some invalid data (probably the story). Does it contain tags you've copied and pasted from Word?

Sounds like you have a solution for now, use Chrome

Thanks Gav. I did copy and paste from Word, but I always have. First time I've had a problem, but clearly it's on my end. Appreciate the note!