Login

Getting back out there.... how

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some back ground. I am currently going through a divorce. Been married a long time and raised our kids. So I am thinking about how I get back out there. Most of the friends that we have are married. Not really wanting to have them fix me up.... So how and where do I go to "get back out there"? Any help would be appreciated.

Holden
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You know what, if found myself single I'd start right on Facebook.
Establish an intellectual connection first through your thoughts, feelings and opinions.
Then when an opportunity arises go on a date or something.

That's what I'd do. Be lively, funny and thoughtful. You'll be all set!.
Lurker
0 likes
For me a lot of it was getting over the first marriage, accepting the fact that I might never find love again, learning to live on my own and not depend emotionally on any one else, and not be trying to find a new love. Everyone I know who has set out to find a new love has gone into a relationship that ended badly. then, they gave up their search, and fairly quickly found someone that a friend introduced them to, or at an event or at a church. I really like the idea of letting relationships establish naturally, not forced. I reconnected with a friend which has turned into a lovely relationship.
Madam Carol
0 likes
I was divorced a year and then reconciled after I realized he completed me. Went on a few dates and most men thought I was an easy lay because I was divorced. Now I appreciate what I have more than ever.

Yeah, you're right everyone including my mother tried to fix me up. My suggestion is to just be yourself. Leave the masks at home.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HoldenMcCrank
Some back ground. I am currently going through a divorce. Been married a long time and raised our kids. So I am thinking about how I get back out there. Most of the friends that we have are married. Not really wanting to have them fix me up.... So how and where do I go to "get back out there"? Any help would be appreciated.

Holden

Men and Women oftne deal with relationships, casual sex, and divorce in different ways. Perhaps communing with guys who've gone through the same would be good, too? http://forum.mensdivorce.com/viewforum.php?f=12
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you all for your replies. I will let the dust settle and see what happens. Waiting to close on a new old house. It need a lot of updating and I am guessing she will be my mistress in the short term.

Thanks again Ladies

Holden