Login

Applying for jobs why is it a hassle?

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Last Monday I saw a job in a news paper that was perfect for me, I had the skills they were after and the right paper work.
However on looking at the application it was full of useless question where it seemed they wanted full length essay answers including "Are you exceptional at reading and writing? If so give examples?".

Anyway when I thought I give it ago I saw it was to late applications closed on Monday (yesterday) at 2:30 pm. I thought it was odd most jobs give applications to be in by Friday at the latest and not only that you have to get contact detail from one of their own people at the job.

I thought should I bother posting in the application despite not having the contact of one of their people, it being to late etc.

Sad thing is I have experiences for this position and I know I would be brilliant at the job.

It was at least five pages of questions to answer.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
The employer will use the line that they want to "weed" out unsuited candidates. The ones who are really interested will apply. Now... dig a bit deeper and there's so much more. Some have a union forcing their hand to "fly" the job to all qualified candidates. Some will "fly" the job because their bosses want them to do so, then fill the job with a "friend" or family member.

I'm sorry you got screwed out of what sounds like your perfect job. Their loss! I'm sure you're a kick-ass employee they would have love to have working there. Don't give up hope... a better job will come along.
Troublemaker
0 likes
Apply anyway!!!! You never know...
Lurker
0 likes
Deadlines for job applications are often placed to create a sense of urgency so you act and stop thinking about it. You got something better to do than pursue a job you think you might really like?