Login

curiosity about 'Story Picks'

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Apologies if this information is easily find-able. I've tried looking for it, and the searches I tried running on the Forums didn't really help all that much.

How does the "Story Picks" list work? I have a story on there now, and I'm not entirely sure why it's there. It certainly has gotten a lot of views, but I've written one more recently that has gotten more views, and is currently racking up views faster than the one on the list.

The one on the list does have more comments and more votes, though both are comparable.

Or is the list not automatically generated?

Just curious. Have been very much enjoying the site in the last few months, and i like knowing how it works.

thank you!
Lurker
0 likes
I only see an 'editors picks' on the homepage. Which is (surprisingly) picked by the editors as the best stories.
Did you mean this? If not, could you explain where you find this link?
The Linebacker
0 likes
Story Picks I think is mostly determined by score and number of votes.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Caddy
I only see an 'editors picks' on the homepage. Which is (surprisingly) picked by the editors as the best stories.
Did you mean this? If not, could you explain where you find this link?

No, I mean "Story picks," which on my home page appears on the right side of the page. I have the story categories on the left (including editors' picks,") the stories themselves in the middle, and on the right I have a column that has an ebook link ad at the top, a list of "top authors over the last 31 days," and then "story picks."

The top authors seems to fluctuate wildly. I've written a lot of stories recently, and lately I've been on there, but sometimes I'll disappear (and then reappear even without having posted anything new). I assume that is based on some formula, and that an author might disappear if his story from 31 days ago cycles off

I assume the same is true of the story picks, but that list seems more static, so I was wondering how it worked.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Thank you.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Thank you.