Men vs women on age

last reply
12 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Madam Carol
0 likes
Now that I turned forty I've become more aware of the iniquity in society for the standard of beauty. My husband is 54 and his grey temples are considered "distinguished " while at forty a grey hair for me is like terror.

Then... I looked closely at his bathroom vanity. It consisted of tooth brush, tooth paste, razor, comb, and aftershave.

Then... I took inventory of my vanity. Two drawers of make-up. One drawer of nail polish. One drawer of curlers and curling iron. Another drawer for hair dryers, creams, packs and oils. Then... He wonders why I store toilet tissue in his cabinet.

Then when we're going out on the town and I spend half the day getting ready Chuck will say, "You look nice. I like that natural look on you." It only took four hours to look natural.

So how about you Gals, do you go through the same thing? Or am I being to critical? And guys, don't tell your significant other they look 'nice.' They look 'fabulous.'
Chuckanator
0 likes
Hey doll. You look fabulous! Really you do.

I appreciate all you do to stay beautiful. I really never considered the difference in our bath Pullmans. You missed my mouthwash on your list though. I never considered the huge difference in how men don't have as much social pressure on them to look a certain way. It does seem a bit unfair.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
AGE is in mind--not your heart
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i still look 23 and always will. anyone want to tell me different? i thought not. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
it is like a double standard it is okay for men to like younger women but taboo for women to like younger men i just want some one who can keep up with me
what's up sunshine
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
All I know is I am fucking hot!!!!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Age is more then just a state of mind it is a condition. In many ways my mind is still the same as it was 30-years ago; but my body is not. I'd like to walk 5mile every other day like I use to, but cannot.... lucky to do a mile. No matter what I want to tell myself the putting it into practice is another matter. Those of you who survive into your late 60's will find that out.
0 likes
Quote by JC72
All I know is I am fucking hot!!!!

You're more than hot you're very sexy and handsome
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I realize that at age 35, I'm nearing that crisis point in a woman's life when she realizes she's not going to be young and beautiful forever. So...yeah, that sucks! It killed me turning 30, so I started doubling down on my work-outs, and my body is actually in better shape than it was in my twenties. Then I started binge-watching Weeds, and couldn't believe how good Mary Louise Parker looked in her forties. So maybe there's hope that your forties are the new thirties, and I can put off worrying about aging for a few more years.

But guys... you shower, towel off and you're ready to go! You just never need to worry about all that crap we keep in our medicine cabinet that spills over into your side! I share a bathroom with two guys and 90% of the toiletries are mine!
Lurker
0 likes
I tell my wife she looks wonderful all the time. In my eyes she is still the hottest woman on the planet. She will turn 60 this year and I still can't keep my hands off of her even after 40 years of marriage.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Age is only as important as you make it. Who you are on the inside, how you feel about yourself, that's much more important.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i was the only one out of my group of four best friends that didn't cry when they turned the big 3-0. i've never really thought much about my age. i think a lot of that has to do with having young parents. i've watched their lives get progressively better and look forward to it.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DNick
Age is more then just a state of mind it is a condition. In many ways my mind is still the same as it was 30-years ago; but my body is not. I'd like to walk 5mile every other day like I use to, but cannot.... lucky to do a mile. No matter what I want to tell myself the putting it into practice is another matter. Those of you who survive into your late 60's will find that out.

I agree DNick. That is true for men and women, I believe.
But they are interrelated. If I go to the gym and do a couple of miles on the treadmill at 3 miles an hour, I "feel" younger and my doctor will tell me I am healthier. But some days I can do the very same thing, and regardless of what my doctor says, I can "feel like shit" anyway. So I don't know what the regulator is save "time," whatever the hell that is.

Now, on what HotWife says, there is no question that standards are very unfair against women.