The Sword of Truth: Erotica in Fantasy Novels

last reply
2 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
For those of you that have read fantasy novels you recognize that a lot of them don't involve sexual topics and erotica by Nature. A lot of them Kaskade on and ignore the topic of sex either completely or only embrace the innocent parts of sexuality like kissing and marriage, and basically the boring parts that never include the actual act of sex speak less of more taboo topics like anal sex or oral sex or sex with multiple partners etc.

Sort of the truth was the first fantasy series that lived up to my thoughts that fantasy story should embrace sexuality more completely because they exist in the realm where sexual possibilities are endless. They're the only one row where I believe it is very easy to explore topics of bestiality and incest and interspecies sex start of the truth was the first fantasy series that lived up to my thoughts that fantasy story she didn't break sexuality more completely because they exist in a room where sexual possibilities are endless. They are the only genre where I believe it is very easy to explore topics of beastieality at incest and into species sex. Much like in stories that involve alien life the sexual scenarios that are possible and are simply only limited by our own imaginations and ultimately into future will be limited only but special effects a computational power.

I was just wondering if any of you have ever read the Sword of Truth series and what you think about this seems that involved serious hardcore sex and also passionate love and love making that were far more mature than anything explored in other more innocent stories like the Lord of the Rings which really only focused on power not necessarily sexuality.
0 likes
Clive Barker writes a rather different sort of fantasy (he hasn't really been a horror writer, which is what he started out as, in years), but he's not shy about sex and its role in life. There's steamy bits in most of his writing. However his fantasy (e.g. Weaveworld, Imajica) tends to be more about magic appearing in our contemporary world. He doesn't really do Tolkien imaginary world style fantasy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love the Sword of Truth series! The Mord Sith are my favorite!