e-cigarettes

last reply
20 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Maybe it's just me, but is there something inherently dislikable about people who smoke e-cigarettes?

Every time I see someone puffing on a electronic vaporizor, I can't help thinking they look douchey. I don't have that association with real cigarettes which can make a person look cool (I smoked for 10 years, and quit about 7 years ago), or even cigars. It's just the e-cigarettes I find objectionable.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Prolific Writer
0 likes
I find the E-Ciggies annoying too. Seems people think since they're vapor they can smoke them right in your face.

I find all smoking annoying. I used to smoke but gave it up 11.5 years ago. It will be 12 years in April.

I really don't know how I ever smoked. I really detest the smell now.

Hugs,
Mysteria

xo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There is something a bit sissy and silly about the whole thing. I mean can you seriously see the Marlboro Man vaping? PLEASE. And I don't like it that they think they can do it at work next to me and it's "ok".
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Yeah. It's definitely obnoxious when they do it in-doors because it's not technically smoking.

But even when I see people vaping outside, or in their cars, I still get a douchebag vibe from them.

Anyway, glad to know I'm not alone.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

The Linebacker
0 likes
e-smokers would probably eat e-hamburgers, drink e-beer, smoke e-pot and have e-sex. It's pseudo living.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i'm not particularly a fan of them, but i can't deny that they've helped many quit the habit. i have a cousin who has tried everything to stop smoking. he refused to use vaporizers because he thought they looked ridiculous. he only gave them a chance after the birth of his last child. he's experiencing success, but it's still been a trying process.

Say. Her. Name.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Buz
e-smokers would probably eat e-hamburgers, drink e-beer, smoke e-pot and have e-sex. It's pseudo living.

You don't use pseudo mail? You should give it a try. It goes well with the pseudo guitar in your signature smile

I don't have a problem with e-cigarettes. I do have a problem with people who think it's OK to force their smell upon an entire room. But e-cigarettes are no different in that regard to regular cigarettes or even too strong parfumes/after shaves.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Story Verifier
0 likes
I think people look silly with them.
If they are helping people to give up cigarettes then that is a plus but I know people addicted to them and end up spending just as much on them.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No matter what the "thing" is, there's always elitists, purists, fakers, d-bags, haters/lovers, and the genuine. I can understand why some people don't get the point of it (especially if you never smoked, or quit), but I don't get why people get all irritated by its very existence. There's far worse to be concerned with, or irritated with, than some cloud of vapor. Like, a lot of people who drink and get buzzed, also drive while intoxicated, for example. You most likely know someone who has/does, or you have/do yourself. Far more reprehensible than vaping.

I do use one myself, but I don't blow clouds in peoples faces, I don't use them indoors (other than the e-cig shop), and I don't walk around trying to convert everybody. I do get "mean mugged" by people though, which is so annoying, and genuinely more of a "douchebag" thing to do, than vape, lol, let's be real outside of the bias. Kudos to those who never smoked, or aren't into it.
I'll be in my car with the windows up and the a/c or heat on, and I'll take a few drags off my device (which is an average setup, nothing fancy), and people will stare me down as they walk by, and act like they don't do anything that would/could irritate people, such as their behavior, or as if I've done something to offend them. They can't smell it, the cloud's not in their face, yet somehow, because they have an opinion on it, they can float by on their cloud of righteous judgment. Yet, if I wasn't vaping and they walked by, most people smile and nod, and move on with their day. Just because I use this to quit smoking (which I actually enjoy, so it's been rather difficult, lol), I'm a douche, huh? Even when I did smoke, I'd find somewhere outside that was far enough away from people to smoke my cigarette. Not that it avoided exposure for everyone 100%, but it was better than smoking in a non-smokers face. I actually felt/feel uncomfortable smoking/vaping around people who don't. I have common respect for others unless they prove themselves to be a-holes. I can completely understand and appreciate someone's choice to not "do" something, or their disliking of something, and keep their preference in mind, even though it's a free country, and I don't really have to.

I am not a big drinker at all. Barely do I go to bars or pubs, but have been subjected to plenty of people who've been drunk and belligerent towards me for no reason. They're just riding their buzz, catch some feeling, and zone in on me just sitting there eating my food. I've seen people do this with others as well. Or that flip-flop from having a good social experience, then they do a turn around and start becoming aggressive. Should I look at every single person who enjoys alcohol in that same light?

Most people have habits, or something that they do that others don't like. I get that, and although I don't understand why I'd be viewed in such a light, just because I'm using something to help me improve my life. I try my best to keep judgments to a minimum without knowing someone or about something, though we all have assumptions, presumptions, and the right to do so.

And are we not on a website? Where we read and/or write e-stories about e-sex, or e-romance? Have you not built an e-personality?

I'm not trying to persuade your mind, just offering a perspective. No, I don't feel victimized. No, those opinions aren't going to stop me. No, I don't lose sleep over it. You have every right to feel and think as you do, and I don't expect you too change your mind, or lighten up about something that really isn't a big deal, but those who judge me because of an e-cig, are judged are in the same light right back. Yes, it does bother me a bit, but it is what it is. I've given my last dollar to a stranger on numerous occasions, and try to do at least one good deed a day, so if vaping makes me silly, look like a sissy or a douchebag, makes everything about my life diminished, fake, or only half real in your eyes... So be it then?
**Shameless Plug - Latest Story**

Off-Market Listings
0 likes
My company is in the home oxygen business, providing oxygen to patients with chronic (or even acute in some cases) respiratory illnesses in their homes. In our clinical documentation, smoking is smoking and we don't care if it is a cig, a joint, or a vape. None of them is welcome anywhere near our equipment. Too much risk with any kind of heat, spark, flame near pure O2.

Personally, after growing up inhaling my Dad's pipe smoke, I don't really want anything but air in my lungs. I inhale enough crap just from various types of air pollution and don't need smoke from someone's cig/blunt/e-cig adding to the mess. If it emits something into the atmosphere, it is affecting the people around you and if they ask you to stop, you should. I don't care how harmless you think it is, you do not get to decide what goes into someone else's lungs.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
I don't care how harmless you think it is, you do not get to decide what goes into someone else's lungs.

Do you own and drive an automobile? Quit that, you're spitting out tons more pollutants than anyone ever has with cartons of cigarettes a month.

Incidentally, your clinical documentation is absurdly incorrect. Vaping is not even remotely smoking. Smoking is combustion of organic material. There is no fire, flame nor combustion involved with vaping. The output isn't even remotely similar either.

For fucks sake.

I vaped for 2 years after smoking for nearly 30 and was finally able to cease both. I don't expect you or anyone else who never has been addicted to smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars to fully investigate the differences since they don't apply to you (except for you to rail about air pollution) - but your documentation is incorrect just the same.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I started smoking a pipe when I was 15 which was nearly 55 years ago. When I was older I began to enjoy a good cigar or two, although I was never one for cigarettes much. I gave up for a while but when we were on holiday abroad I would buy cigars, thinking that I could ration my consumption. However I found that I was smoking as many as before, and realised that I am addicted to nicotine. Since I started vaping three years ago I have not touched tobacco products. Ii is a private vice and I don't vape indoors or in public out of consideration to my wife (vaping does smear the windows) and other people.

The latest statistics in the UK show that the number of smokers is the lowest ever recorded, and there is no evidence that vaping leads to smoking.
Lurker
0 likes
I prefer people vaping to the nasty smell of cigarettes. It doesn't bother me if they vape.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My grandparents smoked heavily so I have nostalgia for it all. I don’t mind the smell and figure that if an adult chooses to smoke, despite the health warnings, then it is their decision to do so.

I don’t vape or anything but I see vaping to be in the same vein as everything else so I don’t mind it. Personally, I can understand the mindset that it looks doucey but really I think it’s that some doucey people vape in doucey ways and, as a result, throw the rest of vape users under the bus. The majority are pretty considerate and rather subtle about it all. In my mind, your average person vaping is about as cool or annoying as JFK smoking a cigar.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Convict
0 likes
I think anyone who sucks on a vaporiser in public is to be commended. It is extremely hard to give up smoking so if it works for them, I say go for it. They aren’t doing anything to harm you and if you don’t like it, don’t look at them. My brother used a vaporiser for a year then was able to quit both. He had tried so many times to quit and actually hated it by the time he did quit. It can rule your whole life.
0 likes
As long as you don't smoke around me, children and hospital then I couldn't careless.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hate being around it. The smell is awful.
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Have never smoked and don't like being around smokers whether they're smoking cigarettes or vaping. Not only are both bad for your health, they're offensive to those around you.
Meagan
**Smile, it's free therapy**
0 likes

Personally, I think you look stupid breathing through something that looks like a pen or USB drive...

Would never ask someone to stop doing it, though. It is a better alternative to smoking, at least....

I also hate smelling fresh doughnuts and walking around the corner to find it is someone vaping.
Don't tease me like that!!

Now I want doughnuts. Great.

XGX

❤️