Login

Terms of endearment

last reply
11 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
I have a tendency to call people honey and dear a lot (well, in friendly situations, of course; don't do it with strangers).

I believe that these too are unisex enough and it's ok to use them with both men and women but I have been thinking and realized that I know quite a lot of terms of endearment that can be used for women but I'm totally lost when it comes to find an appropriate one for men.

So would you mind telling me which ones people use with you? Which ones do you like? Any that you dislike specially?

Please help the foreign girl.

Thank you and have a good day!

Site administrator
0 likes
Baby or babe are quite popular from what I see. There is sweetie/sweetheart .. and a host of more suggestive ones like lover/my love (for very special friends I would think), sexy etc etc.

Personally I dont dislike any terms as long as they are not rude!

Furthermore I have seen ladies become annoyed at being called honey and my dear so I dont use those.

Since we are friends you can use *peanuts* as a term of endearment of you like.

0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Baby or babe are quite popular from what I see.

Really? Somehow baby (and babe even more) seem like very wrong for a man. I don't think I could say that to anyone.

Thank you! As Mrs Kim says in The Gilmore Girls, We appreciate your business!
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
I use "sweetie" for both men and women friends, and I also use it with boyfriends.
Lurker
0 likes
Endearments should be banned -they make too much of a fuss !! Really
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
For men - I think Dude is as endearing as I get. Maybe an occasional My Friend.

For women, in roughly increasing level of intimacy - dear, sweetie, baby, honey, love. With the most intimate term of endearment being one specific to the one you love, never used for anyone else.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Well after years of hun, sweetheart, babe, etc. I tried out a new one. I looked in in the eyes with my most endearing look and said, "I really love you snookims."

She burst out laughing and sprayed her coffee all over me. sad Well I'll check that one off the list.
Madam Carol
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
Well after years of hun, sweetheart, babe, etc. I tried out a new one. I looked in in the eyes with my most endearing look and said, "I really love you snookims."

She burst out laughing and sprayed her coffee all over me. sad Well I'll check that one off the list.

You're not lying. That really happened. Snookims? Living with you is like living with a circus clown.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by natasha_
I have a tendency to call people honey and dear a lot (well, in friendly situations, of course; don't do it with strangers).

I believe that these too are unisex enough and it's ok to use them with both men and women but I have been thinking and realized that I know quite a lot of terms of endearment that can be used for women but I'm totally lost when it comes to find an appropriate one for men.

So would you mind telling me which ones people use with you? Which ones do you like? Any that you dislike specially?

As you well know, my Girlfriend and I were very much in love. Very very much in love. I think we had great terms of endearment for each other, that really only two people in love could use.

I'd call her 'silly bitch', and she'd call me 'Stupid Bastard'.

True story

Awwwww
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by natasha_

I tend to called Darling or Sweetheart, and variations thereof. Lover is another. Big Boy makes me laugh, especially if said with a sultry deep voice. Somehow, laughter always follows that one.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by natasha_

For me personally, the worst kind of sentiment is when it is patronising, or fake. As long as the term being used is genuine, I have no problem with people using it for me.

xx.