Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is staring (within certain limits) okay?

last reply
33 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Would you say it is okay for a guy or a girl to stare at you if they found you hot? I don't mean follow you around or deliberately make you conscious. I mean the kind of staring where one finds you really attractive and enjoys looking at you, while not overdoing it.

I know my post seems as if it is biased towards a particular perspective, but I'm urging you to not read into it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do not mind one bit. As long as they are thinking what I think they are thinking.

In college I worked part time in the City. If I walked by a certain construction site. They really let me know just how much they enjoyed the view.

I loved it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sure why not, it feels good to be looked at.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CyberwalkerX
Would you say it is okay for a guy or a girl to stare at you if they found you hot? I don't mean follow you around or deliberately make you conscious. I mean the kind of staring where one finds you really attractive and enjoys looking at you, while not overdoing it.

I know my post seems as if it is biased towards a particular perspective, but I'm urging you to not read into it.

Why Not?
We all love to be admired, we all dress in a way to attract the attention of others. Its perfectly fine with me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It really depends on my mood and who is doing the staring. Sometimes I find it very offensive, like when I'm at work in a meeting or something and some guy keeps staring at my boobs. I'm like, REALLY? Or if I'm at the beach sunning and notice some creepy guy wearing sunglasses but obviously undressing me in his mind it makes me very uncomfortable. But sometimes I really like it and maybe even encourage a bit of staring haha. I've posted a few (very chaste) pictures on Lush that I think show me off in a flattering way and I am secretly titillated when I think that guys actually find them hot. Guys like to look, girls like to show.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It really depends on my mood and who is doing the staring. Sometimes I find it very offensive, like when I'm at work in a meeting or something and some guy keeps staring at my boobs. I'm like, REALLY? Or if I'm at the beach sunning and notice some creepy guy wearing sunglasses but obviously undressing me in his mind it makes me very uncomfortable. But sometimes I really like it and maybe even encourage a bit of staring haha. I've posted a few (very chaste) pictures on Lush that I think show me off in a flattering way and I am secretly titillated when I think that guys actually find them hot. Guys like to look, girls like to show.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I find it a complement if a man or a women stares or watches me like in a restaurant. Hell, I may have my panty less cunt exposed under my short skirt. Or rocking one of my low tops. I don't wear a bra either away from work.

Brandie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NOLAHotGal
I find it a complement if a man or a women stares or watches me like in a restaurant. Hell, I may have my panty less cunt exposed under my short skirt. Or rocking one of my low tops. I don't wear a bra either away from work.

Brandie

I see. I think it can be a fine line on certain occasions as to what makes a woman uncomfortable, because as mentioned above it can depend upon your mood if you can tolerate/enjoy being looked at. The onlooker might not always know.

Personally I find a bare shoulder dress or midriff revealing clothing more attractive on a woman than cleavage revealing clothes, but that too can very.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If it is that type of staring, then yes. However, if it is a judging stare or a stalker stare, then I'd be uncomfortable naturally.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ToshLoveCC
If it is that type of staring, then yes. However, if it is a judging stare or a stalker stare, then I'd be uncomfortable naturally.

But of course. Although it can be difficult to tell sometimes what kind of stare you might be under.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A lot of times staring can feel like objectification which I don't appreciate it. If it's a sneaky look then it's fine.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I travel to work by train and now and then you get a nice looking woman on the train and I have had some nice smiles back when I have got caught looking and admiring the views.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There's this saying : If you find a person staring at you without blinking for more than 6 seconds ..they either desire sex....or murder.

Choose wisely!!
Lurker
0 likes
Sometimes I like it. If I'm feeling cruel, I'll even return the stare and smile at him. If I'm feeling especially evil, I'll give him a flirty wave biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
I don't mind being checked out... but it depends on who it is who is doing the checking. Sometimes it is very creepy and feels wrong. Other times it is wonderful. But, continuous staring is rude, I think. Because, first off, are they staring at me because I am attractive to them? Or am I ugly to them? Do I have a wardrobe or makeup malfunction? Is there bird poop on my shoulder and I can't see it? So, thinking as I am typing, then yes, staring too long isn't appropriate. Occasional looks - glances and even a smile is fine, as long as you aren't drooling or looking evil. Sometimes I just stare back to see what is really going on in their eyes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Cyndy
I don't mind being checked out... but it depends on who it is who is doing the checking. Sometimes it is very creepy and feels wrong. Other times it is wonderful. But, continuous staring is rude, I think. Because, first off, are they staring at me because I am attractive to them? Or am I ugly to them? Do I have a wardrobe or makeup malfunction? Is there bird poop on my shoulder and I can't see it? So, thinking as I am typing, then yes, staring too long isn't appropriate. Occasional looks - glances and even a smile is fine, as long as you aren't drooling or looking evil. Sometimes I just stare back to see what is really going on in their eyes.

" Sometimes I just stare back to see what is really going on in their eyes."

Hahaha... won't you let us know what you see
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I've never known anything different since I was a young teenager, so I've gotten used to it.
Lurker
0 likes
This is a complicated subject, at least for me it is. It's not as simple as do I mind someone staring at me or not because there are variables involved.

If it's a man, is he physically attractive or not? Is he looking at me in an appreciative manner, or is he leering at me such that I feel he is mentally undressing me and wondering if I am a screamer and a squirter? Is he giving off a creepy vibe?

If it's a woman, is she physically attractive or not? Is she looking at me admiringly, or is she giving me that unapproving look that some women, whom I assume are in some way threatened by me, can't help but present.

Regardless, there is a time limit beyond which I begin to feel uncomfortable. That time limit will vary depending on which of the scenarios listed above is in play, but there is still a time limit.
Lurker
0 likes
An unconscious glance when someone looks up at you and
then immediately looks away, like when their eyes are wandering around and coincidentally meet yours for a short brief moment and looks away is FINE. But then you get the second glance (conscious), which, is when your eyes lock and they immidiately look away but down and act all awkward. THAT'S KINDA CUTE.

My limit is when someone does a "double take". However what creeps me out is those long stares called the *EYE FUCK*
Lurker
0 likes
Heck no, thsts how my husbsnd and I were on our first date, I was definitely checking out jis "package" and KNEW I JUST HAD TO HAVE HIM.....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't mind it. If you don't want people to look at you then stay home. That simple.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why do we do our nails, hair, dress sexy, walk that walk, wear those fucking heels, worry about our hair, makeup, and about a million other things we want to be seen, as a sexy woman or just as someone who cares about our looks it's all about how someone else views us. and of course to feel good about yourself, or for pride because others find you attractive. You don't want to appear ugly or unkept it's all visual.
Lurker
0 likes
I honestly don't pay attention to if men are looking or not. Recently a friend and I were talking about this and so the next day I was out and I was more observant of if men were casting some lingering looks. I definitely noticed a few and it definitely made me smile.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Escape
There's this saying : If you find a person staring at you without blinking for more than 6 seconds ..they either desire sex....or murder.

Choose wisely!!

haha good one
I could show you INCREDIBLE things...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just wonder (and by wonder I mean wonder, not 'assume' or 'believe') if the same question would elicit a greater number of negative answers (don't mean it in a bad way) in a different social platform. Such as facebook for example.
Lurker
0 likes
absoloooodlely ... giggles

especially if they walk into a pole ! that is sooooo sexy ... giggles
everyone laughs .. then a few rush to their aid..
sadly i exempt myself... i have no knowledge of aid ... first or other numerical ... and i believe it is hard to remove blood stains from clothing ...
i found the 'blood stains' thing out from google whilst planning to murder someone!!! [ssshhhh! we've all done it!... plan i mean ... well maybe .. ]

what AM i talking about?

better now!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
the way i figure it is, if you're staring then i'm probably wearing something to help encourage it, which was a deliberate choice on my part, and it means that you like what you see, so yes, i'm okay with it. to a point. if all you can manage is to stare at my tits, i'm gonna get a little bored. if you keep looking at them, but are able to look away for a time before looking again, then i'm all for that! i'm very happy to know that you like what you see, and i hope i'm inspiring some naughty thoughts. just be man enough to have some kind of control
*kisses*
-Kristen

bunnysdreams.net
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hayley
absoloooodlely ... giggles

especially if they walk into a pole ! that is sooooo sexy ... giggles
everyone laughs .. then a few rush to their aid..
sadly i exempt myself... i have no knowledge of aid ... first or other numerical ... and i believe it is hard to remove blood stains from clothing ...
i found the 'blood stains' thing out from google whilst planning to murder someone!!! [ssshhhh! we've all done it!... plan i mean ... well maybe .. ]

what AM i talking about?

better now!

I WAS struggling to understand what you were on about, but then I had a few swigs myself and it all began to make sense!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by KristenO
the way i figure it is, if you're staring then i'm probably wearing something to help encourage it, which was a deliberate choice on my part, and it means that you like what you see, so yes, i'm okay with it. to a point. if all you can manage is to stare at my tits, i'm gonna get a little bored. if you keep looking at them, but are able to look away for a time before looking again, then i'm all for that! i'm very happy to know that you like what you see, and i hope i'm inspiring some naughty thoughts. just be man enough to have some kind of control

I understand, but there might be an instance where a woman is wearing something slightly revealing not for the purpose of attracting men but simply because it is comfortable for her. I agree with everything you say apart from the fact that I would not ascribe a woman's sexy dress code as a deliberate 'look at me' for men. It might be just for her boyfriend/girlfriend or simply comfortable and trendy.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
sure, an appreciative gander is always welcome. it's when it crosses over into leering that it's disturbing.

Say. Her. Name.