Guilty Pleasure Music

last reply
64 replies
5.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
This song is bad. Really bad. It is objectively objectionable, uncool, juvenile, lame, or tasteless. There is no rational redeeming quality to this song at all, but for some reason... you love it. You turn it up in the car when you're by yourself, singing (or butt-dancing) along, loud and proud. This is your jam! You know you shouldn't like it, but you just can't help it.

What's your guilty pleasure music?

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Here's another one:

Lurker
0 likes
Anything by Avril Lavigne
She was totally hip when I was going through my angsty teen phase.
Girlfriend is the worst / best.
I mean, I don't love it, but I can sure have a good ol' hearty sing and dance-a-thon every time.

Lurker
0 likes
I don't have any guilty pleasure music. If I like it then I like it and I'm fine with everybody knowing it, whether that's Montiverdi madrigals or Metallica (and yes, I like both).

My media player in the car has 12Gb of classical music on it and 40Gb of everything else, from folk to trad jazz, taking in at least one track from pretty much every genre I can think of. I don't do achingly hip or teeny pop music, never have, but there is a whole Moody Blues album on there (In Search of the Lost Chord, even though it was released before I was born) and that sits along side the Chemical Brothers and Modestep pretty well.

The guilt is in your own head- lose it and just enjoy the music
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
I have lots of music, listen to many different genres including folk, trad jazz, Metallica, chemical brothers, etc. and own a copy of In Search of the Lost Chord (and several other Moody Blues albums), too. But I also have taste - not that my taste should define everyone's taste - but I can distinguish between songs that I like, and songs that I don't. And then there are songs that have elements that I usually hate (like below: Fred Durst in general, stupid lazy lyrics delivered melodramatically, and record scratching in rock songs), and still somehow find the song enjoyable.

I even hate this video^. Ugh! Still like the song.

0 likes
N sync
Backstreet Boys
Michael Jackson
Classical
Lurker
0 likes
I don't have "guilty pleasure" playlist. I listen to what I like.
Lurker
0 likes
Girls Aloud!!
Lurker
0 likes
Any rap or heavy metal that is seething with anger and is laced with profanity

Lurker
0 likes
I do Love all music, but this is the type of song I roll up the windows,and crank up the volume. Only when I'm by myself.

Lurker
0 likes
ah 1 and ah 2 and ah...

The Creep
0 likes
Anything from the 80's New Wave Genra ... Specially The Cure and The Smith smile

Lurker
0 likes
I love this song, always makes me smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Whatever song I am currently preparing for concert at any given time.
Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96

I love that song. I should have been born a few decades earlier

I don't think anyone should have to feel guilty about what music they like, if it makes you happy, so what?
I suppose the admissions I don't like to make are Avril Lavigne, those first two albums were my teen angst anthems... and The Veronicas.
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

Note: I actually prefer the original version from Elvis Costello (on the ukulele), but couldn't find it on YouTube.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
And believe it or not, but I actually often workout to this music; that "Gotham fucking needs me!" mindset really works wonders to push my limits.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Spice Girls!! lol!
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Quote by irene01
Spice Girls!! lol!

Totally not my kind of music, but I remember thinking that Viva Forever was not the worst song I'd ever heard. Just looked it up on youtube, and it really took me back to the 90s in a super-sappy high school memory montage kind of way.