Login

the new orientation type

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
The Engineer
0 likes
Well hello.there. I just saw that a new orientation has been added to the type something called 'fluid'. Would someone be kind enough to let me know what that means. Thank you.
Find Simar on:
1. Skype: Simar Singh
2. Kik: simar2308
Site administrator
0 likes
I think its pretty much as per the dictionary definition, namely .. variable, changeable.

It was a suggestion in the Improvements thread as I recall some weeks back; I will look later when I get home from work.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Essentially, it means that you don't hold firmly to being straight, gay, lesbian, etc. Being 'fluid' suggests that you are not committing or identifying to any particular category.
The Engineer
0 likes
Ooh thank you for the great improvement....I think I might just reconsider my orientation. Thank you so much.
Find Simar on:
1. Skype: Simar Singh
2. Kik: simar2308
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OK. Let me answer this two ways. Physically, I can imagine and know people of all the "orientation" types until this. I honestly don 't understand it as being NATURAL. After all, there are mindsets that go with each, including one that is "trans-gender" as the ones I've met go back and forth [part each gender], or are comfortable being one gender in the end [though I never met one like that]. My point here is that with the identification of your orientation, you enter into a natural mindset usually culturally like others of your orientation in your society, no? So there are physical and psychological roots to what we are.
Well we can use our bodies in many ways, but our minds are not as "optional" no? If we are straight, we live a "straight life" in the way we think, and then act sexually, until/if/when we are shown otherwise. If we are "gay" the same.
But this implies a male can be a lesbian. Yes, I can and in fact DO love some lesbians to bits. But can I BE lesbian when I was born male?
My point is, orientation is not a CASUAL matter. Can it really be so casual? I am wanting to know. Can someone please explain the basic elements of this? To me, this sounds like NO orientation. There is no adherence to anything. Choosing ALL and authentically BEING ALL is not making sense to me.
0 likes
Quote by Dancewithme
But can I BE lesbian when I was born male?

I'll leave the rest to someone else, but I know the answer to this one: Yes. If you are a transgender female (born male physically but are really female) you can be a lesbian when you transition to female. Not all transwomen want to be with men, IME.

Gender and orientation are separate issues, really, and need to be dealt with separately.

(speaking as a straight, cisgendered male who nonetheless knows and respects some trans persons).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

I'll leave the rest to someone else, but I know the answer to this one: Yes. If you are a transgender female (born male physically but are really female) you can be a lesbian when you transition to female. Not all transwomen want to be with men, IME.

Gender and orientation are separate issues, really, and need to be dealt with separately.

(speaking as a straight, cisgendered male who nonetheless knows and respects some trans persons).

Thank you Seeker!