Make up or Nah?

last reply
12 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hey guys, I have an interesting question. I don't wear makeup due to severely sensitive skin. However I always take good care of my skin and its clear and soft. However I've heard from many women including my grandmother saying that men prefer women who wear makeup. My grandma going as far to say "No man likes a women who doesn't wear rouge." I've heard many reasons for this.
-Makeup shows you care about your appearance and how other perceive you.
-It shows you put effort into yourself for him.
-Men don't notice women who don't wear makeup.
-Makeup shows you take care of yourself.
Is there any truth to this? Do guys prefer girls who wear makeup?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
In years gone by maybe ...

Make-up is part of the way our society constructs gender - girls wear makeup but boys don't. So for a few men, its important that their partner sticks closely to the conventional, which includes long hair, wearing skirts and dresses, and so on. And it should be no surprise that your grandmother, coming from an older generation, places more value on conforming to a single stereotype of femininity.

At root, this is just a social convention and, these days, one without much power. And I would expect a good proportion of men would find a naked face attractive, another good proportion to not notice and a minority would find it an issue. Even in my mother's day, where makeup seemed to be a uniform, plenty of men found the make-up mask to be somewhat repellent. There's always going to be a spread of preferences but at this point in time, I'd say you'd find a lot of positive appreciation for your style regardless of it being one of necessity.
Lurker
0 likes
I do like my partner to wear make-up, it's erotic and sensual. Make-up, in my opinion, is not about beauty, but about arousal.

The most beautiful woman is created by nature, without artificial make-up...
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Kitten, thet may have been the case many years ago, not so much anymore I say. I hate it when a gal looks totaly diff. without makeup. My wife uses very little, she doesnt need it at all but does a bit of eye makeup, great skin. I joke with some of my buddies she looks the same in the morning as she does all day. beautifull. unlike some of there ladies that will not be seen before spending way to long at the makeup mirror. I may be the odd man out, I say just a dab, if you can. Natural beauty for me please, but it's really the ladies call, not somebody else tellin you what you should do or look like.
0 likes
A little bit here and there can enhance small details, but I generally think less is more where makeup is concerned. My wife generally looks as good or better without or with just minimal.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by PrettyLittleKitten

People should put on makeup only if it makes themselves feel good.
If a guy only notices you because of your makeup, then it's exactly that: he only notices your makeup, not you.
There's enough badly done makeup out there to prove that makeup by itself does not necessarily show that one takes of themselves.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally I prefer no make-up on the women I lust after, including my wife who doesn't wear any.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That is ridiculous! Most guys prefer no make-up actually and the simple reason is that nowadays women overdo it with make-up! If you can pull off natural beauty you got nothing to worry about!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PrettyLittleKitten
Hey guys, I have an interesting question. I don't wear makeup due to severely sensitive skin. However I always take good care of my skin and its clear and soft. However I've heard from many women including my grandmother saying that men prefer women who wear makeup. My grandma going as far to say "No man likes a women who doesn't wear rouge." I've heard many reasons for this.

I prefer it when a girl/woman does not wear make-up. It has nothing to do with trying to be off-beat. I just genuinely people not having their skin polished by make-up more attractive. I've tried to learn and appreciate make up more, but it's only been just a little successful.

And it might be nice if a woman tries to make herself look nice for a man or another woman, but surely that can only be on a few occasions. On most occasions she must allow herself to look the way in which she feels most comfortable. Men groom their looks for women too. But let's not get carried away. Please.
Site administrator
0 likes
Natural is good if you have good skin/perhaps some colour in the cheeks and thus are naturally attractive. Save a fortune on cosmetics!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is quite possible to wear too much makeup but I don't consider it to be possible to wear too little. Sure, a woman with the right amount of makeup, done in a way the best flatters her face, looks gorgeous but to say that any woman couldn't be found attractive while wearing none just isn't true in my opinion. If wearing makeup is difficult due to skin issues then I say don't bother with it and instead just focus keeping that smile genuine (i.e. be happy). On the other hand, if one does like putting some on every now and then or even all the time, then go ahead and go for it. However, if the average person wouldn't recognize said woman without her makeup, then I'd wager that she probably goes overboard with how much she applies.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I personally prefer my partner to wear makeup, as it accentuates her femininity and her aura of confidence and sexual availability. On one level it is quite an intimate thing and part of her putting on an effort / show for you. That being said, it's not for everyone and I understand a lot of women don't like it, so the female partner should take the lead on whether she wears it or not. I like my partner to rejoice in her femininity and to really express that, so it is something really special and beautiful that a lot of people don't pick up on these days. Just my opinion, however ...I really go for the slutty almost overdressed look.sOTPXcpSdSnOVTwf