Unsure how to feel...

last reply
6 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We are new to the site and really enjoying sharing out past and our erotic journey, but we notice also our score is lower and lower but the views are higher. Does this mean our stories are becoming less interesting or it is a good thing they are more read? We would love to read more comments positive or not and comments on the pics we post in our image gallery. It takes us so much time to write because I write the stories in conjunction with May and then read them to her and she edits them before we post them. We would love to carry on but we, especially May, is beginning to wonder if the interest is there.
What is the best way to judge interest, scores, views or comments?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
As you are fairly new to the site, I wouldn't worry too much about whether you are 'becoming less interesting'. It takes a while for people to discover your work and to build up a readership. I'm sure your stories will be of interest to some of the Lush audience so give it some time. Maybe try promoting some of your publications in this thread. Give us a synopsis of a few pieces and maybe that will generate some more interest. Perhaps you could advertise your latest stories with an eye-catching forum banner, too.
Lurker
0 likes
Great advice from Lady Liz, who, as a senior story moderator of some considerable experience, kinda knows her stuff!

Now, I'm not THAT so I can say what I like! (Laughs!) Shy Asian Wife? (Where should I sign???) I've never come across, (unfortunate turn of phrase...) your stuff before! I shall take a look now you have posted here...

The fact is that on Lush Stories, (despite a rigorous selection process by the Mod Team which guarantees a certain quality) the daily upload is IMMENSE!!! There is SO MUCH NEW STUFF POSTED EVERY DAY! (It's impossible to keep up, really...) However, establishing a network of friends means that you can advertise your own work and in turn others can get turned on to it. (If JimminyCrikket$$ is both a fan of your work AND a friend of mine, I get to see on my TIMELINE that he voting and commenting on your work... This makes it more likely that I'll go take a look at what my friend is praising...)

The best way to make friends is to contact those who LIKE and COMMENT upon your work. Thank them. If possible, 'FRIEND' them. Also, your own supportive comments to other writers here opens the door for you to make more friends. Writers in the main are very amenable to flattery! But this can work in your favour...

Let's say you befriend a writer like Milik, who is one of MANY super-popular writers here... (I'm just using Mills as an example... I'd use myself but everyone fucking hates me...) The thing is, everytime HE comments on your story, I, and about 600,000 other members who are friends of his will SEE THAT on Timeline! This really helps in building a following. (Because if Milik, or Buz or Liz or Saga or any of a dozen other people LIKE something new, I'm more likely to check it out...) I do, I comment, you write and say thanks, we become friends and BOOM! You've got a new fan and everyone I know is aware I like your stuff!!! So THEY go take a look too!!! SNOWBALL!!!

I DON'T tend to SPAM or advertise my own work. (Many do, I choose not to.) It CAN be a way to increase readership. Again, the wider your circle of friends, the more effective this is.

Do not be discouraged. When I started writing here SIX YEARS AGO I was QUITE POPULAR for quite some time!!! Since then, well, my appeal has become MORE SELECT!!! (Basically, I get really HIGH votes from the really LOW number of people who bother to read me these days!!!) You never take it personally. THE CLEVER ONES, THE ONES I LOVE, READ ME!!!

Seriously, don't be discouraged. As websites go, you're a member of the best one in the erotica-writing business. There is NO QUESTION about that. But, it takes and indeed took ALL OF US a while to learn how to drive here!

Hope some of that helps!

xx SF
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you so much, both of you, for your words of encouragement and ideas. We are going to continue, it is a very intimate, personal and revealing story and we both feel quite anxious about exposing ourselves to the public like this, but that said it has been both exciting and erotic to share out intimate past, good and bad on here. We read every part together prior to posting and often end up reliving times past! So thank you again and we hope people enjoy reading our tale as much as we enjoy sharing it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Its often best to write from what you know, or, as a team, fantasise about. Pure fiction can either be self contained short stories, or serials (See Annamagique's stories) . Your stories commence reading almost as an ambush, which some are uncomfortable with. Now that May is becoming more of a rounded sexual being, and willing, maybe the scores will rise
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
May is keeping a very close eye on the scores and comments, she feels very exposed after the last part of our story!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your stories are superb. There are many stories on this site for many different tastes. I used to want lots of views for my stories, but now I don't need that. I still like nice comments. You are writing personal stories for yourselves so you're not competing with most other authors on here anyway. Some stories are written as quick and dirty as possible, and some readers want that. A year ago they removed most of the stories with the highest ratings. So don't forget why you are doing this, keep going and don't worry too much about scores and views. I'm a big fan of your writing style. It's great that you write together.