life lessons learned from lush

last reply
75 replies
4.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
living dead girl
0 likes
We all join for different reasons and sometimes we learn and discover much more than we ever thought would be possible on an erotic story site
So I'm curious to know some of the things you have learned/discovered while being here

Here are some of mine
1. We can't always please everyone but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try as long as it doesn't include something we are uncomfortable about
2. I love to write ( I had no idea that I did until I met someone who inspired me to)
3. While lush might be full of trolls and stalkers it is also full of some really amazing people in fact some of the nicest I have ever in my life had the privilege to talk to.
4. Be seriously careful what you tell someone because they can easily find out where you live so unless you are over 1000 percent sure tread carefully
5. Loyalty still exists I had no idea until some people turned my whole life outlook around.
6. Patience
7. Cultural diversity ..lush is full of people from all around the world therefore it teaches you to be more culturally educated
8. How you see yourself is not always how others see you ( this can often be a good thing)
9. Cyber sex often has the same amount of pressure put on it as real ( who knew)
10. What real love is
11. Read carefully between the lines
12.A better understanding of human emotions
13. The strength to admit who I really am
14. Love comes in more forms than one
15. The journey is just as important as the destination
16. What's real and what's not
17. Looking at the big picture instead of freaking out about something
18. If you fight with someone or have an issue be straight forward and never to prideful to say you are sorry
19. If someone you care about vanishes for awhile ..try to remain calm but don't give up
20. Take a chance
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1. Love exists anywhere.
2. This is where I can be honest with myself.
3. I'm human.
0 likes
1. You can love someone although you cannot be physically with them.
2. Being unable to see facial expressions or the intonation in speech, you and others can misunderstand
3. Friends here can be equally as loyal and supportive if not more so than in rl.
4. I have found a more caring part of me, which has surprised me.
5. Be wary of what you confide in others unless you can trust them.
6. If you find some you can trust, hold on to those friendships, no matter what.
7. Do not believe every bit of gossip you are told, make up your own mind.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. Not everyone is who they appear to be. Some people who claim to prize Honesty in others have none to offer themselves.
0 likes
I'm flawed as can be and am still learning. I do speak my mind, but I've seen a side of myself that I don't like. So, the lesson I will take from this is to turn the other cheek, or try and make lite of things. I saw myself becoming the very thing I hate the most, and that is a bully. Or "troll", if you will.
I was bullied terribly as a kid, and never wanted to be that person.
Great topic, btw! Thanks for bringing it up

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Lurker
0 likes
Looks arent everything its whats inside that counts,
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
A neat way to get nicely shaped poached eggs, is to drop the egg into a mug lined with cling film. Add a touch of salt, a shake of pepper, then seal the package and drop into the boiling water. Tada!
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26
We all join for different reasons and sometimes we learn and discover much more than we ever thought would be possible on an erotic story site
So I'm curious to know some of the things you have learned/discovered while being here

Here are some of mine
1. We can't always please everyone but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try as long as it doesn't include something we are uncomfortable about
2. I love to write ( I had no idea that I did until I met someone who inspired me to)
3. While lush might be full of trolls and stalkers it is also full of some really amazing people in fact some of the nicest I have ever in my life had the privilege to talk to.
4. Be seriously careful what you tell someone because they can easily find out where you live so unless you are over 1000 percent sure tread carefully
5. Loyalty still exists I had no idea until some people turned my whole life outlook around.
6. Patience
7. Cultural diversity ..lush is full of people from all around the world therefore it teaches you to be more culturally educated
8. How you see yourself is not always how others see you ( this can often be a good thing)
9. Cyber sex often has the same amount of pressure put on it as real ( who knew)
10. What real love is
11. Read carefully between the lines
12.A better understanding of human emotions
13. The strength to admit who I really am
14. Love comes in more forms than one
15. The journey is just as important as the destination
16. What's real and what's not
17. Looking at the big picture instead of freaking out about something
18. If you fight with someone or have an issue be straight forward and never to prideful to say you are sorry
19. If someone you care about vanishes for awhile ..try to remain calm but don't give up
20. Take a chance

Wow Vanessa, can I just use yours, because you described mine to the T. I know one of mine are to listen more and speak less. Other than that, you have just about mentioned all of them.
Click below to see

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by GreenEyedKitty75
1. It's possible to feel closer to someone who is hundreds or thousands of miles away than someone who is right beside you.

2. Growing older doesn't mean an end to your sex life. Sex, like fine wine, improves with age.

This....exactly this!!!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Found out that I am awesome!!

Actually more that the are kind people out there that will always give you a shoulder to cry on
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Rule #1: sprite is a goddess and should be worshipped and given gifts.

that's all you really need to know.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I don't think they're all limited to Lush, but the internet or life in general.

1. Just because I have an opinion, it doesn't always need to be shared, especially with total strangers.
2. Sometimes I just don't have an opinion, so I don't need to make one up just to contribute to a conversation.
3. Telling strangers that they're ignorant/bigoted most likely won't result in changes in said strangers' attitudes, but it sure is funny as fuck to watch their blood boil when confronted with progress that they can't control.
4. People aren't entitled to any part of me, be it my time, my energy, my emotions, or my thoughts. I can choose to share or not to share any of these things in any capacity of my choosing with anyone of my choosing.
5. I am completely in control of my experience here due to lesson #4.
6. It's okay to let someone in, so do it as often as it feels right.
7. Titties are always appreciated.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
I am, what I am. I don't need to be anyone else but me. Lush and mods have made me a better writer.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
First of all take care what you say in the forums. There are sharks out there waiting to tear you a new asshole.

And second, and most importantly, you can fall in love over and over again. It's always one of life's joys.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
Quote by Dani

1. Just because I have an opinion, it doesn't always need to be shared, especially with total strangers.
2. Sometimes I just don't have an opinion, so I don't need to make one up just to contribute to a conversation.

dani, this absolutely sums up my thoughts regarding the think tank! i often find myself just reading along and enjoying the 'lively' discussions. nine times out of ten, someone has echoed my thoughts and i feel no need to repeat it for the umpteenth time. however, it also reflects how i feel about the internet in general.

as far as lush goes, the following have been reinforced:

a. just because something doesn't fit my definition of love, doesn't mean it isn't. we all feel and express love in various ways and they don't need to be explained to anyone.

b. trust the vibes that people give off. there's a reason why you feel a certain way when interacting with/observing people.

c. if you're unsure about something, ask. often misunderstandings can be cleared up in a few messages or a chat.

d. kindness is a virtue. here it's been proven that it takes the same amount of energy to display politeness as it does rudeness.

e. have fun! this is an environment that allows us to explore. i sincerely hope you're having a good time while doing so!

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One thing I have learned over and over again, is how easy it us for some to sit behind a keyboard and have no consequences for what they post. Learning that, I just take most things with a grain of salt here.... Most people are good and want a fun experience, life is already full of enough drama..... Also learned having emotional walls are good, but keeping them up hurts you at times as well...

Most important, with every word you have the power to make someone happy and appreciated. We can also hurt them so badly or reinjure some RL issue, so lead with kindness and always be a positive influence.
Lurker
0 likes
I learned when I see a woman's profile on here that's says more or less along the lines of: I'm bi but guys don't even try; or I'm not going send any of you guys pics so don't ask but to girls I'll send and receive pics. Lines like these are a dead give away that it's mostly likely a guy. It's like a business. These people want to see how women talk when among other women. I don't know why someone would want to know that type of knowledge? Or how they could profit from it? My guess is to deploy a tacit much like if you were to play two chessmasters but in fact you just pitting each master's moves against the other's. For example they use the words that a lizbow sent them on a none lizbow woman. What happens is two things: she'll thing dude is pussy and be like later bro. Or she'll think he is trying to be sensitive and being understanding to her P.O.V. This tactic only works via P.C. screen. In person it is not effective because feeling and interaction when in person words are not a replacement for action.
So life lesson I learned from lush is that lizbows and gays will be taken advantage on this site by sneaky people.
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
LIFE lesson?? We humans are so very horny and should engage in sexual activity more frequently.....
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by kiera
I learned that I was a terrible lesbian

I tried my best to bring you over to the girls' team! I blame myself!
Snake Charmera
0 likes
I've learned there is Still some good people in the world.
Also that friends miles away can make you feel better than the people right next to you.
Trust your instincts they usually are right
You can have a real connection with someone you may never meet.
Not everyone will judge you for your reason for being here.
I've learned that I am more confident and stronger than I knew
Also as in life always be nice to everyone. Don't hold a grudge or mistake a misunderstanding for wrong doing. Talk to the person. Communication is key online and off

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by amy1967
Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. Not everyone is who they appear to be. Some people who claim to prize Honesty in others have none to offer themselves.

Quote by trinket

Just because it's online doesn't mean you can't hurt people's feelings.

Beware of quadruple-faced people.

Yep...that sums it up.
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I've learned its best to just remember this is a writing outlet and to keep my feelings in check.

It's nice to have a cyber relationship, however it's just a pretend existence and best not to waste too much time with it. It's better to put your energy into your real life. You don't want to put so much time into your cyber life and see your real life slip away.

It's always best to remember this is supposed to be fun. If your emotions are making you upset, best to make changes and/or log off or just take a break.

Just because you are online, people behind the computer are real people. Treat them how you like to be treated.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Kiss My Wiggleass Baby
0 likes
I learned that we all have flaws which is totally fine but some people are delusional fantasists, liars, imposters and totally bizarre. I also learned that some people are decent, lonely, hurt human beings who simply want a friend to talk to. Fuck it i also learned that I'm not the only one who has gone through shit and come out the other side, and that actually helped. I learned to trust and not to trust, just have to make the right choice of person to trust in.
Happiness will never come to those who don’t appreciate what they already have
0 likes
I've learned that being sexually open with other people who have the same interests as you can be fun. Also, being yourself can always the best policy. I always treat people with the utmost respect. I also learned that cybering can be fun at times only with the right person.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27
I've learned its best to just remember this is a writing outlet and to keep my feelings in check.

It's nice to have a cyber relationship, however it's just a pretend existence and best not to waste too much time with it. It's better to put your energy into your real life. You don't want to put so much time into your cyber life and see your real life slip away.

It's always best to remember this is supposed to be fun. If your emotions are making you upset, best to make changes and/or log off or just take a break.

Just because you are online, people behind the computer are real people. Treat them how you like to be treated.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo

I agree with you 100% but it is easy to forget and let your feelings run away until it is too late and then get hurt. Even though telling yourself 'It's not real' helps, it still hurts when you feel betrayed especially if it brings back unhappy memories.
WooHoo!!!! 27,000 views! Could I dare to hope for a famous story...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-runner.aspx