Login

Curious about waxing.

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Ladies - One question I have is how well does it work, or more specifically, how long does it last, or how frequently do you have it done?
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
On me, it works fine, but some women have really coarse pubic hair, so results vary. Usually you stay completely bare for around 3 weeks before anything starts to come in. Again, results vary with hair type. I have it done only infrequently, maybe every 2-3 months depending on the season or occasion. In between, I just shave.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I stay waxed and recommend it. It leaves the skin looking better, smoother and softer. I've been getting it done since I was 20. So, I'm what they call trained (no apparent follicles and regrowth is extremely fine). I can go longer periods between maintenance and I don't get that stubble feel. I've never had any type of reaction. I recommend that you go to reputable spots if you choose to have it done. To me, it's one of those you get what you pay for kind of things. I've had girlfriends switch to where I go and the experience has been better for them.
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
I get it done once in a month and it works well for me.... smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have the occasional waxing after a few months of creams and shaving.
Like Beth it lasts longer but it is uncomfortable in a salon for me.
I have done it myself but with varying results - I have had my gf do it for and that is better.
Lurker
0 likes
My follicles have mostly given up the will to live after over 20 years of ripping the hairs out by the roots (and my body hair was blonde and fairly fine to start off with, and I've got a thyroid problem which leads to even finer hair too) so now I go to the salon maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Even then there's quite a lot of my skin that remains hair free and I don't bother with shaving or trimming in between waxing.

For someone starting out with waxing I'd say that you can assume that you'll get a month between appointments, but whether you get 4 or 8 weeks is entirely down to your individual hair growth and the phase of growth your follicles are in, and potentially your health, medication and the like.

As for how well it works, it stings but it's over in moments and a good waxing technician will make sure that you are totally hair free before you leave (if necessary using tweezers to remove odd stray hairs that haven't been picked up by the wax). You will get fine and non-stubbly regrowth gradually from about 3 weeks after removal, but you have to bear in mind that you need at least 2mm of hair for the waxing to work, so you need to bear that in mind if you shave between waxing.

The really great thing about waxing is that you genuinely have no stubble at all. Regrowth is soft ended (as in, a natural growth tip, not a square ended hair like you get when you've shaved) and because the hair is removed right down to the bottom of the follicle there is a delay between waxing and any visible regrowth, so there is no ongoing daily visible hair growth like you get with shaving or using a hair removing product.

All you need to do between waxing appointments is to exfoliate in the shower to prevent ingrowing hairs and moisturise the skin to keep it in good condition.
Lurker
0 likes
I first tried shaving and when that was not very satisfactory I turned Waxing which was a great improvement.

Then a Girlfriend introduced me to Laser Treatment. God, I am now a smooth as a Babies butt. It is expensive and I may need it done again in a few years, but for now I love it and so do most the men I have been with.

I just hope Full Bush does not come back into style anytime soon.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have fully waxed for 15 years every 8 weeks. I probably need it ever 6 weeks, but oh well. Over the years, the hair has grown back finer and as time has gone on, as long as I exfoliate once a day, I have not had one ingrown hair or bump. I find the smoothness sexy and a huge turn on. Plus, since I am athletic, hairless seems so much..."cleaner"...for lack of a better word. In the long run, it is all personal preference. Waxing isn't for everyone but it is worth a try. If you choose to give it a go, give it a chance, at least several times. The first several times will be painful but it eases. I don't even feel it any more. I once did an hour long conference call where I made a presentation while getting a wax. smile